Thoughts from our trip 3/7-3/9 (including a BiG tip on comp for $LL ride closures)

*The compensation for a ride closure on a $LL needs to change. We had a LL for Soaring concurrent with a $LL for Webslingers. When Web went down we were unable to book another LL and our only option was to ride Web when it re-opened (and have the ability to pay for it again but who would do that?) or ask for our money back. There was no ability to book another LL while we waited for Web to open back up. When I explained this to a CM, she admitted that this was an oversight by Disney and gave us 3 ME passes for each of us that could be used on every ride except the $LL’s. So expect this rule to change soon.

I'm not following this. My understanding was the $LL and LL were independent of each other. If you were holding a LL for Soaring, then the ability to book another LL depends on that Soaring LL being used, or two hours to go by.

Now how disney handles when a $LL goes down, I don't have any suggestions. I think when I pay to ride a specific ride, I want to ride *that* ride, so it should not convert to anything else and a refund if you can't ride it later seems like the best option. I think you can go buy another $LL for a different ride (since you can buy two).

I'm not following this. My understanding was the $LL and LL were independent of each other. If you were holding a LL for Soaring, then the ability to book another LL depends on that Soaring LL being used, or two hours to go by.

Now how disney handles when a $LL goes down, I don't have any suggestions. I think when I pay to ride a specific ride, I want to ride *that* ride, so it should not convert to anything else and a refund if you can't ride it later seems like the best option. I think you can go buy another $LL for a different ride (since you can buy two).
On a LL closure, you get to ride other LL rides (as well as non LL rides such as PP) at anytime and you can obviously rebook the original LL ride that was closed. However for a $LL ride closure, you can only ride that $LL again once it reopens and you would need to pay again to ride it a second time or you could ride a LL ride and then pay to ride said $LL a second time (which makes absolutely no sense). So the argument that I made is that I paid a premium for not only park hoppers and genie plus and $LL, and when my $LL went down the best compensation is that I could ride it again once it reopened? I paid a premium to ride it at a specific time and I don’t want nor need a free LL pass for another LL ride since I already purchased Genie plus.
The customer service rep completely agreed with me and said this comes up several times a day. As such she gave our party of four, 3 ME passes per person good for any LL ride at any park which I felt was very fair.

I couldn’t disagree with you more about its efficiency. We always try to plan one last ride in TL or FL, so we are near the monorail for the trip back to the DLH. It saved us considerable steps on our afternoon breaks and we were cursing the Disney suits names on that trudge back thru the crowds on Main Street and the entirety of the way thru DD. I think for anyone staying at the DLH and GCH it’s a HUGE convenience.
That may be how you feel because your feet were tired and you welcomed the break, but in terms of time, DLgal is right about efficiency.

It’s the same with the train. There are times we ride it to get to the next land because we want the rest and it’s worth it. But it’s never faster than just walking it.

That may be how you feel because your feet were tired and you welcomed the break, but in terms of time, DLgal is right about efficiency.

It’s the same with the train. There are times we ride it to get to the next land because we want the rest and it’s worth it. But it’s never faster than just walking it.
I don’t know if we got lucky or they have improved their efficiency but we probably rode the monorail six times and never once did we have more than a 5 minute wait.

I don’t know if we got lucky or they have improved their efficiency but we probably rode the monorail six times and never once did we have more than a 5 minute wait.

Again, it's the WHOLE experience, not just how long you wait for it to arrive. It's the time it takes to board the monorail, the time you sit there waiting for clearance to leave the station, the time of the actual ride, etc.

If one person walks into the monorail queue and another simultaneously starts walking towards the exit, the person walking will beat the monorail to the Downtown Disney station EVERY TIME. I promise. My husband is the slowest walker on earth and he is always there waiting for us when we get off the monorail.

Which is wonderful. But even walking right on it will still be slower than walking it.

Nobody is faulting you for wanting the monorail. We love riding it. But it isn’t more efficient, which is the conversation.

I'll be a contrarian here. We were there March 5-9. While you found that DLH club level was a great value for you, most disboarders have more modest budgets and choose to spend their extra $ on other things. Give me the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance any day with their huge rooms, awesome location, and cheap and high quality breakfast and dinner offerings. We did not have Genie+ and did not purchase any individual lightning lanes. LL is a joke. Got in line Wednesday at 8:58 pm for Rise of the Resistance. Posted wait was 80 (eighty) minutes. DW practically called a divorce attorney while I pleaded with her that wait would be no more than 40 minutes. We were in the pre-show after 27 minutes. Monday at CA, posted wait for Soarin Over California was 50 minutes. Only waited 20 minutes. RSR posted wait 40 minutes...only took 15 minutes. Web Slingers wait was also half. Granted, we do the headliners in the evening...results may vary for morning and midday waits. But I comfortably assert all wait times at headliners an hour or two before park close are complete jokes.

I'll be a contrarian here. We were there March 5-9. While you found that DLH club level was a great value for you, most disboarders have more modest budgets and choose to spend their extra $ on other things. Give me the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance any day with their huge rooms, awesome location, and cheap and high quality breakfast and dinner offerings. We did not have Genie+ and did not purchase any individual lightning lanes. LL is a joke. Got in line Wednesday at 8:58 pm for Rise of the Resistance. Posted wait was 80 (eighty) minutes. DW practically called a divorce attorney while I pleaded with her that wait would be no more than 40 minutes. We were in the pre-show after 27 minutes. Monday at CA, posted wait for Soarin Over California was 50 minutes. Only waited 20 minutes. RSR posted wait 40 minutes...only took 15 minutes. Web Slingers wait was also half. Granted, we do the headliners in the evening...results may vary for morning and midday waits. But I comfortably assert all wait times at headliners an hour or two before park close are complete jokes.

From my experience, the Web Slingers wait time just before closing can sometimes be quite accurate. I expect all the other rides you mentioned to post higher than actual wait times but Web Slingers is more 50-50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter