• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those with cancelled reservations from the glitch - are you getting the $25 GC

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am one of those who hopped on snagging a reservation during the glitch the other day. It was for a H&V at 12:20 - it was there but has now disappeared. I have heard people are receiving $25 GC - for the cancelled reservation. So if you have received one - how do you know? where do you see it? On MDE? or did you receive an email?

So I received my answer. They sent an email saying sorry about the glitch. Blah blah blah and that they will be giving us a $25 digital gift card. I really can’t complain because I snagged the reservation just to get an earlier time slot but I didn’t get a chance to cancel our original one. But I do feel bad for others who made tons of changes and who are now left with nothing. Hopefully they will work with those affected to find a resolution.

They tell me I will be getting the digital gift card. Post when yours comes through, if you would, so everyone can know when to expect theirs. Thanks!

Here's the email. I cancelled a reservation earlier in the day based on getting this one.

Thanks Disney!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 10.53.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 10.53.06 AM.png
    297 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 10.59.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 10.59.52 AM.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.00.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 11.00.05 AM.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 22

Do we think it will be $25 for each reservation? That seems like a lot.

Do we think it will be $25 for each reservation? That seems like a lot.

Based on the separate emails, it should be per reservation (not person) I don't think it seems like a lot - someone impacted 10 times over than my 1 or 2 reservations should get more than me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just lost my second, again cancelling an existing reservation for what I thought was better time.

I'd think the $25 is per reservation, too

Got the cancellation email also, had moved a mid afternoon meal to an evening meal, now out both. No availability in HS for lunch or dinner on my park reservation day for any sit down, but I will eventually get a electronic gift card.

I just got my 3 $25 gift cards for 3 reservations that were cancelled.

"Your Disney Gift Card is Enclosed "
"We are so thankful to have the opportunity to make magic for guests like you every single day. As a thank you for making us part of your day here is a $25 digital Disney Gift Card you can use during your next visit."

Anyone else not get a cancellation email? 4 of my reservations seemed to disappear with no cancelation notification.

I just got my 3 $25 gift cards for 3 reservations that were cancelled.

"Your Disney Gift Card is Enclosed "
"We are so thankful to have the opportunity to make magic for guests like you every single day. As a thank you for making us part of your day here is a $25 digital Disney Gift Card you can use during your next visit."

Anyone else not get all their gift cards? I only received 1 for 2 cancellations.

I received 3 gift cards for 3 cancelled reservations. They did not come in all at once though. It was probably about a fifteen minute gap between the first one land the last one.

I got my card as well. Plus, I was able to snag a new breakfast ADR a few hours earlier than my original. Silver linings I guess. :)

I got an email. I had no idea why I got the gift card, until reading about it today and another post. I had an ADR for Beaches, they cancelled it :( kind of a bummer they cancelled that reservation on me, but I'm glad they compensated with a gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter