• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those with a Giant Eagle

I have one answer and one question...

ANSWER:Per what can it be used for (since I am holding one)...Must present Giant Eagle Advantage card with coupon. Excludes purchase of prescriptions, gasoline, convenience store items, tobacco, cigarettes, alcohol, gift cards and other items prohibited by law. Not valid on dairy items in PA. Not valid with any other offer. Not subject to doubling. Coupon is worth no cash value.

QUESTION: What I was expecting to see was "One coupon per transaction" but that is not there. So, can you use more than one? For example, if I go shopping and my total is $50 (assuming none of the excluded items) can I use 5 $10 coupons? Please let me know. Thanks.
How long is the $10 coupon good for?

Ok I just went, you can use the giant eagle card immediately to buy Disney cards. The coupons are good until 8-29-15, and our giant eagle is letting you use as many as you want of the $10 coupons

Ok I just went, you can use the giant eagle card immediately to buy Disney cards. The coupons are good until 8-29-15, and our giant eagle is letting you use as many as you want of the $10 coupons
That is good to know, I feel like mine not being accepted was because I was going through the self-check line. Since it's a $10 coupon it has to be manually approved, but I don't think the people watching those lines are always as up on the policies. I'll try it again in a regular line and see how it goes. Thanks for all of the confirmation that I should be able to use more than one.

That is good to know, I feel like mine not being accepted was because I was going through the self-check line. Since it's a $10 coupon it has to be manually approved, but I don't think the people watching those lines are always as up on the policies. I'll try it again in a regular line and see how it goes. Thanks for all of the confirmation that I should be able to use more than one.
Mine wouldn't work in the self checkout either, the cashier lady had to override it.

you DO get fuel perks when you cash in your giant eagle gift card for a Disney giftcard. You don't earn them when you buy the GE gift card but you earn when you buy the Disney giftcard - the GE gift card is a form of cash then.

Just saw a preview of the ad starting Thursday 8/20. Double fuel perks on all retailer gift cards. If you aren't in a hurry wait till Thursday and get .20 for every $50 purchased.

On Friday, I bought 2 $100 GE gift cards, received the $10 coupons and bought 2 $100 Disney gift cards. The manager did have to approve the discount but no problem. I went back this morning to purchase a few more gift cards and the cashier would not let me use the $10 coupon my gift card purchase. She said the manager on Friday was wrong and they are not allowed to use coupons on gift cards. Any one else have this problem?

I'm going to try again later when the store is busier (I was the only one there at 7:00 a.m.) and see if I can get it to work. I used the coupons immediately so I never read if they have any exclusions on them. Anyone know?

On Friday, I bought 2 $100 GE gift cards, received the $10 coupons and bought 2 $100 Disney gift cards. The manager did have to approve the discount but no problem. I went back this morning to purchase a few more gift cards and the cashier would not let me use the $10 coupon my gift card purchase. She said the manager on Friday was wrong and they are not allowed to use coupons on gift cards. Any one else have this problem?

I'm going to try again later when the store is busier (I was the only one there at 7:00 a.m.) and see if I can get it to work. I used the coupons immediately so I never read if they have any exclusions on them. Anyone know?

It states on the coupon that it is not able to be used on the purchase of gift cards so you seemed to have gotten lucky previously. I wouldn't even attempt it again if I were you since it is clearly stated on the coupon. I would take the advice of the previous poster and wait until Thursday to buy the gift cards during double fuel perks!

I am going and purchasing the GE gift cards to cover the rest of the gift cards I need to buy. Then on Thursday I will cash all of the GE ones in on retailer ones, and get the double fuel perks. I figured I would have to hold on to the GE ones for a while. This worked out great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter