• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This weekend - should I reschedule (because of all the Magic Key holders flooding the parks)?

camille4750

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone
I just happened to schedule my trip for this Saturday-Tuesday. I didn’t realize it would be the first weekend pass holders would be back in the parks.

Would you reschedule if you had that option? I think it might be bonkers.:scratchin

Hard to tell. The first few trip reports from popular Disney Youtube vloggers showed low crowds on 25 and 26th. But MiceChat tweet yesterday reports that MagicKey reservation cap was reached for 8/28. If you have MagicKey, only DCA is now available for 8/28. Though if you want to buy a single tix or Parkhopper for that day you still can. Just no more MagKey reservations for Dland available that day. So 8/28 is full in Dland w MagKeyers though we have no idea how many people that represents.

I would keep your schedule and enjoy the festivities and party atmosphere!! Passes are back!! This will be a fun weekend to adapt to the new normal based on the time of year. Will be interesting to see how the blending goes after 1pm on crowd levels.

If you can reschedule it probably makes sense. Hard to imagine most APs would wait in a queue for hours and NOT use it ASAP.

Everything is impossible to predict at this point but I would imagine this weekend would have a spike in attendance and next weekend might be better since everyone who could go this weekend is probably going and would be less likely to go back to back weekends.

With all that said, I think standby lines on a busy weekend now will be lower than regular crowd standby lines when greedy+ is released.

Also last Sunday felt crowded but lines were short, so who knows what is going on over there.

If you can reschedule it probably makes sense. Hard to imagine most APs would wait in a queue for hours and NOT use it ASAP.

Everything is impossible to predict at this point but I would imagine this weekend would have a spike in attendance and next weekend might be better since everyone who could go this weekend is probably going and would be less likely to go back to back weekends.

With all that said, I think standby lines on a busy weekend now will be lower than regular crowd standby lines when greedy+ is released.

Also last Sunday felt crowded but lines were short, so who knows what is going on over there.
Next weekend is Labor Day weekend and Halloweentime starts on Friday. So I don't think next weekend will necessarily be better... it might be, but I wouldn't move a whole trip on that "might."

Now, if we're talking about moving to a random mid-week trip later in September, that might make a difference...

Thanks for the responses so far! It’s fun to hear what everyone’s best guess is.

I think we’re gonna switch it to this Monday-Thursday. That at least helps us avoid the weekends. I’m not sure if it will be less crowded, but I think it might. And the weather looks cooler which is a huge plus for me.

It’s been crazy slow since Tuesday according to my kids. I’m interested to see the changes tomorrow and Sunday. They even got walk up same day reservations for Napa Rose today at 7:00 pm.

Next weekend is Labor Day weekend and Halloweentime starts on Friday. So I don't think next weekend will necessarily be better... it might be, but I wouldn't move a whole trip on that "might."

Now, if we're talking about moving to a random mid-week trip later in September, that might make a difference...
All valid points I didn’t consider. Yea, damned if you move dates damned if you keep the dates I’m afraid. It’s all so unpredictable at this point.

Historically (okay, the two times I’ve done this—2018 and 2019) the parks were pretty well quiet the two weeks/weekends after Labor Day.

But these aren’t normal times, and I’m not betting my bottom dollar on that. People are excited, APs are back, all choices are equally good/bad at this point!

Looking forward to @WonkaKid’s Sunday report.

Thursday was wonderful on the parks. Friday morning wasn’t bad. Friday afternoon it was like the floodgates opened and it was crowded and definitely a “party” atmosphere (which isn’t what I enjoy in the parks). I think you’ll have a much better time if you can stick to weekdays.

Looking pretty packed so far this morning. Web Slingers virtual queue was gone pretty quick.
Hmm, as commented on in other threads, crowds are actually quite low at both parks (based on both app wait times and visitor reports). It will be interesting to see how the day progresses as maybe more APs show up later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter