• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This UY: What size units did you visit?

This UY: What size units did you visit?

• Studio

Votes: 88 68.2%
  • 1BR

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • 2BR

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • 3R (GV)

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Specialty Unit (Beach Cottage, Treehouse, Bungalow, Cascade Cabin)

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Exchange (booked something outside DVC)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Other (Used points in a different UY through Bank/Borrow; Rented Out; etc.)

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
Love those Holiday periods, huh? :rolleyes1
(I survived New Years this year ... more crowded than I prefer but we survived!)

After our 2019 trips, we will have survived President's Week/Princess Marathon, Easter, Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Year's. And then we will be in a position to decide if we want to spend so many points to be so crowded.

March 2018....a 1 bdrm BW view at the Boardwalk Villas and ......Jan 2019...a 1 bd rm at the Beach Club...then over to a 1 bd rm P/G view at Boardwalk.....usually we stay in a studio every Jan...

2018 UY
6 nights in BWV p/g view studio
1 night in a BWV standard view studio
4 nights in a studio HHI
3 nights in a poly standard studio
3 nights in a VGF 1 bedroom standard view

2019 UY
6 nights in Copper Creek studio
3 nights in a BWV standard view studio
5 nights in a Boulder Ridge 1 bedroom
5 nights in a BWV standard 1 bedroom
(Borrowed some 2020 points...despite just adding on points)o_O

March 2018....a 1 bdrm BW view at the Boardwalk Villas and ......Jan 2019...a 1 bd rm at the Beach Club...then over to a 1 bd rm P/G view at Boardwalk.....usually we stay in a studio every Jan...
So this was a rather different year for you (1BRs vs studio). Was the Jan visit a split stay? If so, intentional or "based on availability"? Hope you enjoyed!

(Borrowed some 2020 points...despite just adding on points)o_O
Some years are just "good" that way! Congrats on finding and booking such lovely reservations. :teeth:

We just booked an additional trip into this current OCT UY but via an inbound RCI exchange, so not on our DVC points. Our new line up carries:
  • 3n OKW 1BR (early Oct 2018 for the MM at DHS; F&W)
  • 2n BWV Standard Studio (late Oct 2018; F&W)
  • 5n offsite: 3BR Wyndham Reunion over New Years with family, not on DVC points
  • 4n Treehouse Villa in January with friends for the ProBowl (and lots of Disney parks as this was the first WDW visit for the children)
  • 1n offsite: 1BR Wyndham Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim, CA) for the MM at DLR
  • 5n Kidani Savannah Studio (March 2019) for our Anniversary/F&G ... hit the point of having to borrow a few points from the 2019 UY
  • 7n SSR 1BR (July 2019) booked via RCI inbound exchange against other timeshare, hoping to get tickets to the MM at AK
I'm not entirely certain we might not try for another inbound exchange before our current APs expire in early Oct. Oh, my ... the ways APs have changed our behavior. Crazy. (Most years aren't like this ... really.)

August.....3 trips since January 2018.....all 1 bedrooms. Still have not stayed in my home resort yet. Keep ending up at the boardwalk because we like to book at 5 months.

PVR - studio 6 nights
BLT - studio 5 nights
CCV - 2BR 6 nights
AUL- 1BR 10 nights

Stayed in a GV at OKW in May for 6 nights
Stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT for 2 nights in Nov
Stayed in a inn room at Vero in Nov for 5 nights

When we first bought our points we planned on two trips per year which we generally stick to.

BWV - 1 Bedroom 4 nights
VGF - Studio 4 nights

Of course with the Marriott/SPG merger we used Marriott points for Swan and Dolphin (with suite upgrade certificates) for our last two trips.

I will add that this next year instead of multiple studios we’re starting out with a 2 br and a studio.

2018 use year I only used points for 2 nights in a BWV 1BR.
2019 will be a few studio trips.
These two years are not the norm for us. Normally we stay in 2 bedrooms, but these trips have all been only 1-3 members of my family traveling at once, not all 6 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter