This Trip Report Is Under Refurbishment For Your Future Enjoyment (UPDATED 9/13 with final bonus chapter)

Not sure if my review was one, but a definite meh for ROL.

Pandora is gorgeous at night.

Happy Drew got to play. Soo cool!

:rotfl:

Redundant? Too much...?

Okay, I'll stop.

Hey, I set myself up for it!

Did you fart in their general direction as you disembarked?

My attorneys have advised me not to answer this question.:rolleyes1

But you did when you got your check-out paperwork.

Nice one!

That was the 2nd part of that whole "Have a magical day" bit.

Seriously. I'll be glad next time when I don't have the stroller anymore.

Phew, you had me worried there for a minute.

I'm not that crazy...yet.

Okay, THAT is cool!!! I wonder how many more hundreds of stories there are like this all over the parks!

I'll bet there are a ton that we'll never know about. But it's fun to find out about them once in a while. Adds to the Disney mystique.

No, but it's still a great view!

I love that spot. :goodvibes

Thank goodness. I knew it would be an unpopular opinion.

Holy crap, that's a great photo!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Is it just me, or does the Tree at night look like Magic Rocks you grew as a kid?

:rotfl2: Hadn't thought of that, but now....I can't un-see it.

My take on it exactly. ::yes::

:thumbsup2

What a cool tribute to your barber from his kids!

I thought so, too!

I saw that you tried to sneak in your uninformed comment about zebra domes. They are amazing and that is a fact. :)

Well, you steered me towards Joe's KC BBQ, so maybe I should trust your judgment...but then again, you eat at those weird froo-froo places with Fran and @franandaj . I'm not sure here. :rotfl:

Looks like a fun day at AK!

Definitely!

Gotcha. I only had one day, so I used mine on EE and the safari.

Those are the first two I use.

:angel:

I'm excited for you guys to feel the baby kick for the first time. It's so cool!

I'm really excited to feel something.

I was cured of this delusion when I found out how much crap I had to haul back and forth from the condo every day just for baby. :sad2:

I'm starting to pick up on that. We know if we're meeting our friends to allow an extra half hour past what they tell us because it will take them that long to pack the baby's stuff.

I mean, I just did it in the last chapter, and I really hate to repeat myself. I don’t like saying the same things over and over. I can’t stand being redundant.

Ha.

We wandered the gorilla trail a bit and then my brother and SIL decided to head back to let their kids nap after a grand total of 2 rides on the day.

I mean, this was our last trip, but I was tiring myself out growing organs and things.

Note: It’s always a good time for Dole Whips.

Yes.

He left a little tribute to his father as part of the theming in Africa.

That's so cool!

After they were done, Dave turned to the other two and said, “It wasn’t worth the wait.”

Kali is another ride that I feel like was absolutely amazing when it opened, and now ranks a solid meh.

The soups are always a big draw here and we all were surprised by how much we liked the carrot soup. The grape soup, on the other hand, will get a hard pass next time.

The last time Joe and I went, I got the Mulligatawny and he got a different soup. I thought mine was amazing, he thought it tasted like vomit. But he loved the soup he chose, and I thought it was gross. To each their own I guess.

I do, however, think zebra domes are overrated.

I agree. Sorry @pkondz

Did they enjoy Dinosaur? It was a definite…”kind of”. I don’t think either one of them has ever been a fan of jump scares.

When I rode it on Joe's first time, the ride started and I closed my eyes. He asked me what I was doing. I said "I know how this ride goes. I don't need to experience it again."

I have read several reviews of Rivers of Light, and watched some of it online, and the best reaction anyone seems to be able to muster for it is: meh.

Pretty much what we thought. I need more of a storyline to stay engaged.

Hey, I set myself up for it!

Yes, you did! LOL!

My attorneys have advised me not to answer this question.:rolleyes1

Probably a smart move.

Seriously. I'll be glad next time when I don't have the stroller anymore.

It's an incredibly freeing level up.

I'll bet there are a ton that we'll never know about. But it's fun to find out about them once in a while. Adds to the Disney mystique.

Every time I see a random number or name, I go "hmmm....."

Thank goodness. I knew it would be an unpopular opinion.

Now, if you'd said Dole Whips you might have grounds to enter the witness protection program.

:rotfl2: Hadn't thought of that, but now....I can't un-see it.

I should have been in Imagineer. I find inspiration in the unlikliest places.

Well, you steered me towards Joe's KC BBQ, so maybe I should trust your judgment...but then again, you eat at those weird froo-froo places with Fran and @franandaj . I'm not sure here. :rotfl:

:lmao:

Me neither...but I want some.

A variation on the "I'll have what she's having" scene.

I didn't find the afternoon showers kept much of a schedule in August either. Sometimes early. Sometimes late. Always wet though.

They definitely came every day. I don't think we got a reprieve.

I like Kali, but I wouldn't wait that long for it. I generally have a FP to use on it. Otherwise it's a pass for me.

I agree. It's a cute, fun ride, but it's also way too short.

I would agree, one of the best shows. If not the best. And you can never go wrong with fire.

Fire! Fire! Heh heh.

Anytime is a good time for Dole Whips.

Darn right.

Cool, I had no idea. I usually assume all the little posters are just random things. I never really considered that some would have significance.

I bet there are stories like this all over the parks. It's neat.

If you don't go for the Dole Whip, a Mickey bar is a pretty good choice. Yes it's over priced - but what isn't in Disney World. It still tastes good, and the best thing it has no calories since you're on vacation.

All excellent points. I don't think I'd ever pass up a Dole Whip for a Mickey Bar, though. To me, the Dole Whip is the pinnacle of WDW snacks.

I have said it before, but I would like to stay at AKL on day. DW doesn't want to. She has this fear that the animals can get into the rooms. Makes no sense. I'll have to go solo.

:sad2: You would have a better chance of Mickey Mouse showing up in your room than one of those animals.

I actually have never had one, so I can't disagree with that.

I'm not a white chocolate fan, and they have a liquor in them that gives them an alcohol taste that I don't care for, either.

Of course it is. It has dinosaurs.

Exactly. Completely different.

What the heck is going on with the lightening these days. I didn't really notice it affecting rides, but nearly every afternoon we went back to the resort for afternoon break, the pool was closed for lightening. There must have been some major policy change.

I think everyone is afraid of lawsuits these days. It only takes one.

Drat! You posted it before me. I did know this and I even took a picture specifically for my trip report. Oh well, I'll just be lazy and copy yours. :p

Well, only 5 people are reading this TR anyway, so they probably wouldn't notice if it showed up in yours too.

As I mentioned, I should have done this. ROL wasn't terrible, it was just kind of OK. But after it we just didn't have the energy to walk in to Pandora. I regret that now.

I'm glad we listened to the feedback. Sounds like we made the right call.

Your trip report is just really good and I'm enjoying it more and more with each update? Quick question, how did you luck out with such enjoyable kids....and that Drew.....I have all granddaughters and did not have a boy to spoil...so if Drew is available for short rental periods....we should talk.....just saying....

:welcome:

Well, you know how it is with social media and the internet. We only put the good stuff out in public. All the times when our kids are irritating, or we're being overbearing parents, or we're all just being jerks are scrubbed away and sanitized for public consumption.

As for renting Drew out, well...everyone has a price.

If animals did get in the room, you'd have a major lawsuit. Disney doesn't want lawsuits. Won't happen, but if it does, you can retire early.

::yes::

Well there you go, is that the second time everyone met up so far this trip? :confused3

I believe that is correct. Twice in 4 days if you're keeping score.

He looks like he just ate an entire bag of Skittles!

I have no idea what that was supposed to be.

I can understand the reasoning of why they wouldn't want to clog up the exit, but still can't they slow down the trucks or something until the rough parts blow over? Keep everyone in some sort of shelterish? :confused3

I guess the ride hadn't closed, so they still needed to keep the trucks moving to pick up new passengers.

It's like they are AP holders who live 20 minutes from the parks and can just go anytime. Oh, wait.

Yeah, exactly. Their strategy was really weird. I guess the kids got their naps, though.

That is so neat! I wonder how many of those little things there are that almost no one knows about.

I'm sure there are a ton of them. If you were an Imagineer, why wouldn't you do that?

But, but, doesn't he realize the significance of the Dole Whip in his little life? He did appear to enjoy the Mickey Bar.

He's probably still too young to truly appreciate what the Dole Whip meant to him early on.

Wow! That's sort of a rite of passage moment! Realizing that their time is worth something over standing on a unmoving queue.

And there it is. Their blissful youth has vanished into an older cognizance.

Yep--you really start to recognize the value of time. As well as the cost of losing out on other experiences.

I can see that. The photo is a tad bit grainy.

Yeah. Looks good on a phone screen, but when you blow it up it loses resolution quickly.

I need to go back! It's been a while since I stayed there!

We loved it there! It's such a wonderful resort.

That's interesting. Fran and I ate there once and she thought it was too weird, even with the few things that you find tasty.

i found it easy to ignore the weird stuff and concentrate on the good stuff.

I think they're rather good, but there are other desserts that I would rate higher.

I don't like white chocolate or the liquor taste to them. To each their own.

You're gonna have so much ammo when he's grown up and has a fiance. :lmao:

Oh, man. That rehearsal dinner will be one for the ages. :rotfl2:

That's awesome! I had no idea!

Hey, I'm glad I could surprise you with one!

Nope and by the time you get back there he might not appreciate it nearly as much!

Yeah, he'll probably want to go on more rides by then.

You chose wisely!

Sounds like it's unanimous!

I believe that mine was one of the meh reviews that you read. If we hadn't seen the show we could have done what you did. Now we are making a special trip there after an early dinner one night to see the bioluminescence .

Yeah, I think your meh review was one of the ones that influenced me.

Still too much. Maybe that will be when we can get in Navi River.

Hope you can come up with a good strategy for it. If you can't do Rope Drop, I'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe multiple days at AK.

::yes:: for not worth it.

:thumbsup2

No stairs going in means middle level.
No stairs coming out means lower level.

Got it. So I had middle level for sure. I remember walking down stairs to the gift shop.

I

Got it. So I had middle level for sure. I remember walking down stairs to the gift shop.
Well, maybe I didn't explain it well.
The entry level is 1 level above the exit from the ride.
So, getting on the ride, stairs up = top level. No stairs = middle. Stairs down = lower level.
Lower level is exit level and no stairs. Exiting down 1 or 2 flights of stairs are middle and upper levels.

After exiting the ride, and walking down some ramps, there are stairs (or more ramps) leading to gift shop.

You can stop there. That's impressive enough!

So we made it happen twice in 4 days. Not a great batting average.

No of course not.
Absolutely not.
Not a chance.
No way.

Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department!

:laughing: Well, that makes it worth it, doesn't it?

Um...maybe?

Disney uploaded those while you were looking the other way.

They're so helpful like that! Maybe I should have them write the rest of the TR. It would probably be more entertaining.

Soooo... is that Genie's (or Will Smith's) lamp on the ground just in front of the elephant?

I think it's a miniature version of the Nautilus!

I believe it's called "weather".

:laughing: The forecast was for scattered weather across the area.

He really said that? I guess other guests are coming and they wouldn't be able to get off.

He didn't say the "Have a magical day" part. I think they hadn't shut down the ride, so they had no choice but to drop us off and keep it moving.

O3Ne.gif

Did you empty the chemical toilet yet?

Well... their problem. Go have fun.
(and looks like you did.)

It's hard not to point out the money they're wasting by leaving so early, but
1) it wasn't their fault the bus had problems, and
2) nobody likes judgmental people. So I kept it to myself.

Divide and conquer. Works every time.

Except in horror movies.

Exactly. That's why you always run up the stairs to get away from monsters and killers, rather than out of the building.

I agree.
And yet... I'm not a huge fan of WDW shows. But that is one of the better ones.

I don't really get a whole lot out of the shows (or parades), either. I'd much rather be on rides.

So that's what happened! This explains so much!

To be fair, he doesn't have much to work with.

"Hey, Red! Who's that guy heading this way?"
"Oh, that's... whats-his-name... <checks appointment book> Mark."

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

:laughing: I like that. :)

He cracks me up.

No way! That's... just about the best thing ever!
Can you imagine having a tribute to you in WDW????

That would be so cool! I bet there are tons of these around the park that none of us ever notice.

Looks pretty pleased. :)

It's a Mickey bar. This is just and proper.

Oh, well.

Soon he'll be sharing my "squeeze every cent of value out of my time there" philosophy.

Still a good shot. :)

Thanks!

Sure doesn't hurt!

And yet, I don't think I'll ever stay there. Too far away!

When we were there, we had our van and didn't have to rely on the bus. I think that really helped. I'd definitely stay there again.

I ate there with the fam... and everyone except me ate nothing but mac n cheese.

:sad2:

Glad you had better luck with yours.

:sad2: I was a little surprised at how much everyone liked it.

What??? Who does that?!?!? No food photos? You suck!

Yeah, well...takes one to know one.

WHAT????????????

Never been a big fan of white chocolate. I don't care for the liquor taste, either.

Nice shot of the group. :)

:thanks:

Another nice shot. :)

And thanks again!

OMG! That's hilarious!

It's made funnier due to the fact that Drew had no idea what was going on when he was asked to pose that way.

Oh, the poor, poor child!!!

Sometimes the world is full of injustices. It breaks the heart.

Standing by.
(But it's a nice shot nevertheless)

Thanks again!

Well, yeah.
One's got elephants, the other has dinosaurs.

Completely different.

It astounds me how people could even compare the two.

:(
Oh, man. I'm glad he got to go later. That's just heartbreaking.

Yeah, in the moment it was pretty devastating. You could tell when we first got there that he felt like he had just found heaven.

:laughing:
Also... pretty darn cool!

I can never get enough of those little secret touches.

Yuss!
Very happy for the li'l guy. :)

Thank goodness! He had so much fun.

No. No you absolutely can't.

And sooooo many parents forget that.
"Do you know how much money I paid for this?????"

:sad2:

I save that line for when they start complaining about some minor inconvenience.

It's unanimous!

Yup. That's about right.

I'll remain thankful we chose to see Pandora, then.

WHAT????????????

Apparently it's not as unpopular an opinion as I thought it was.

How cool is that tribute to your barber!

Extremely cool! I love that we were able to find it.

Not sure if my review was one, but a definite meh for ROL.

Still unanimous here.

Pandora is gorgeous at night.

I agree. It was really cool.

Happy Drew got to play. Soo cool!

That might have been his happiest moment of the week!

WHAT????????????

White chocolate is not chocolate!

Well, maybe I didn't explain it well.
The entry level is 1 level above the exit from the ride.
So, getting on the ride, stairs up = top level. No stairs = middle. Stairs down = lower level.
Lower level is exit level and no stairs. Exiting down 1 or 2 flights of stairs are middle and upper levels.

After exiting the ride, and walking down some ramps, there are stairs (or more ramps) leading to gift shop.

No, I got it. I had no stairs going in. Stairs down to the gift shop. So I was on the middle level.

Those are the first two I use.

Thank goodness!

I'm really excited to feel something.

It's so cool! Try not to think of Alien movies.

I'm starting to pick up on that. We know if we're meeting our friends to allow an extra half hour past what they tell us because it will take them that long to pack the baby's stuff.

Later on you learn that you don't need all that crap. Unless, of course, you decide not to bring it along; then you definitely will need it.

I mean, this was our last trip, but I was tiring myself out growing organs and things.

Oh, like that's an excuse.

Kali is another ride that I feel like was absolutely amazing when it opened, and now ranks a solid meh.

I really like the theming. It's well done for what it is. And I like laughing at other people who get soaked. But it's just so short. It ends and you're like, "That was it?"

The last time Joe and I went, I got the Mulligatawny and he got a different soup. I thought mine was amazing, he thought it tasted like vomit. But he loved the soup he chose, and I thought it was gross. To each their own I guess.

I had the mulligatawny last time. Thought it was ok. I didn't think I'd like the carrot soup--that one surprised me.

I agree. Sorry @pkondz

:woohoo:

When I rode it on Joe's first time, the ride started and I closed my eyes. He asked me what I was doing. I said "I know how this ride goes. I don't need to experience it again."

Now that one would be brutal on a pregnant woman!

Pretty much what we thought. I need more of a storyline to stay engaged.

I'm so glad I skipped it.

Enjoying your trip report! Taking a road trip and used the time to read it all so far.

:welcome: That must have been a really boring drive to spend it with my family. :rotfl2:

Yes, you did! LOL!

I set it up, you spike it down.

Probably a smart move.

I'm not sure anyone's ever said that to me before.

It's an incredibly freeing level up.

We thought we were past the stroller, too. We did it to ourselves.

Every time I see a random number or name, I go "hmmm....."

Yep, probably a story there.

Now, if you'd said Dole Whips you might have grounds to enter the witness protection program.

I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid.

I should have been in Imagineer. I find inspiration in the unlikliest places.

Wouldn't that be an awesome job?

So we made it happen twice in 4 days. Not a great batting average.

Better than... zero.

Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department!
Great! Where's my badge?
Plus I'd like an ID tag.
And maybe a card I can wear around my neck.

They're so helpful like that! Maybe I should have them write the rest of the TR. It would probably be more entertaining.

it couldn't get worse.

:duck:

I think it's a miniature version of the Nautilus!

So... 20,000 Leagues Under the Body Wars.

I think they hadn't shut down the ride, so they had no choice but to drop us off and keep it moving.

Guess so

Did you empty the chemical toilet yet?

Shh... it, er… was full.

It's hard not to point out the money they're wasting by leaving so early, but
1) it wasn't their fault the bus had problems, and
2) nobody likes judgmental people. So I kept it to myself.

And yet... when littles need their nap... and they don't get it... all heck breaks out.

Exactly. That's why you always run up the stairs to get away from monsters and killers, rather than out of the building.

Right! And you can increase your odds of survival by hiding under the bed or in a closet!

I don't really get a whole lot out of the shows (or parades), either. I'd much rather be on rides.

To be fair, he doesn't have much to work with.

More than me.

That would be so cool! I bet there are tons of these around the park that none of us ever notice.

Soon he'll be sharing my "squeeze every cent of value out of my time there" philosophy.

Is this a bad thing?

When we were there, we had our van and didn't have to rely on the bus. I think that really helped. I'd definitely stay there again.

Hmmm... with a car...

And yet... one of the reasons I love staying on site is someone else does the driving.

hmmm....

Yeah, well...takes one to know one.

:rolleyes1

Never been a big fan of white chocolate. I don't care for the liquor taste, either.

Very little white chocolate taste. Same with the liquor. I don't like liquors, but I like ZDs.

It's made funnier due to the fact that Drew had no idea what was going on when he was asked to pose that way.

:laughing:

Yeah, in the moment it was pretty devastating. You could tell when we first got there that he felt like he had just found heaven.

Poor l'il guy. Glad it worked out, though.

I save that line for when they start complaining about some minor inconvenience.

What do you use for the major inconveniences?

Apparently it's not as unpopular an opinion as I thought it was.

You all don't know nothin'!

Better than... zero.

This is true.

Great! Where's my badge?
Plus I'd like an ID tag.

We should really get you a nametag to stick on your shirt, too.

it couldn't get worse.

:duck:

I agree. Not sure why you guys are still here.

So... 20,000 Leagues Under the Body Wars.

2 blasts from the past in one sentence!

Shh... it, er… was full.

Well done.

And yet... when littles need their nap... and they don't get it... all heck breaks out.

Very true. But our experience was that in Florida heat, they'll just fall right asleep in the stroller. No need to go anywhere.

Right! And you can increase your odds of survival by hiding under the bed or in a closet!

Why don't they ever think of these things??

Is this a bad thing?

Not at all! He's certainly heard me preach it enough.

Hmmm... with a car...

And yet... one of the reasons I love staying on site is someone else does the driving.

hmmm....

I would go back to AKL in a heartbeat. Even if I had to use the bus. I'd just plan for the travel time. It's one of my favorite places we've stayed.

Very little white chocolate taste. Same with the liquor. I don't like liquors, but I like ZDs.

Whatever floats your boat. I tried it, didn't care for it. That's all I can report.

What do you use for the major inconveniences?

That's when I do the complaining.

We should really get you a nametag to stick on your shirt, too.

I'd like that!
I'd enjoy that.
I might even be happy about it.

I agree. Not sure why you guys are still here.

Simple really.
We're all masochists.

Well done.

;)

Very true. But our experience was that in Florida heat, they'll just fall right asleep in the stroller. No need to go anywhere.

Ah! See your point.

But...

I remember with my kids. If they fell asleep in the stroller, they'd wake up cranky. (car seats were fine, though. go figure.)

Why don't they ever think of these things??

They obviously need us.

I would go back to AKL in a heartbeat. Even if I had to use the bus. I'd just plan for the travel time. It's one of my favorite places we've stayed.

:) Then that makes it a good fit for you.

Whatever floats your boat. I tried it, didn't care for it. That's all I can report.

And that's okay.

That's when I do the complaining.

We have a thread for that...

Better than... zero.

Great! Where's my badge?
Plus I'd like an ID tag.
And you'll need a login id.
and a username and password
possibly an account to access the computer

it couldn't get worse.
It could. You could be writing it.
Shots fired.

Shh... it, er… was full.
I think you could have left out the "... " and the sentence would still have been correct.

And it gets quite nasty
and not much fun
Possibly quite irritable
Sometimes tantrums

Like??? You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

And you'll need a login id.
and a username and password
possibly an account to access the computer

Hah! Nope! I use an abacus.
Jokes on you!

It could. You could be writing it.
Shots fired.

Hey! You in the peanut gallery! Pipe down.
Or I'll add you into my next chapter...

hmmmm………….

I think you could have left out the "... " and the sentence would still have been correct.

But, but, but... I like ellipsis!

And it gets quite nasty
and not much fun
Possibly quite irritable
Sometimes tantrums

Like??? You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Like... (note the ellipsis), what are you, like, trying to like, say?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter