This storm in the Gulf… now Hurricane Idalia

2vets

Addicted since 1971
Currently Invest 93, possibly to become Idalia. Anyone else who’s going to be at WDW next week watching this? NHC has it at a 70% chance of development in 48 hrs, 90% in 7 days, with forecasters predicting impact on Florida, most around the panhandle/big bend. I adjusted my flight arrival and will move around my park res, but am otherwise just popcorn::

Anyone traveling to Disney/Central Florida/Atlantic east coast needs to monitor this time of year. We prefer to avoid the summer heat in Florida and have done Labor Day trips only twice in the past 20 years - both trips we were directly impacted by hurricanes!! But you really don't know for certain until it happens. Something could turn into a hurricane and directly impact your trip - or it might weaken or change course and not bother you at all. So monitor? Absolutely. But I wouldn't make too many changes this far out.... Hope you have a dry and fun trip!!

Anyone traveling to Disney/Central Florida/Atlantic east coast needs to monitor this time of year. We prefer to avoid the summer heat in Florida and have done Labor Day trips only twice in the past 20 years - both trips we were directly impacted by hurricanes!! But you really don't know for certain until it happens. Something could turn into a hurricane and directly impact your trip - or it might weaken or change course and not bother you at all. So monitor? Absolutely. But I wouldn't make too many changes this far out.... Hope you have a dry and fun trip!!
Yep, I’m a now-relocated FL native. Agree with all the points you’ve made! Just starting the conversation. I’ve adjusted my flight so I can get in before travel snarls are likely to start, but otherwise…who knows? I do think dry is unlikely no matter what!

Arriving today at WDW, so we will be watching - our Halloween Party Tickets are for Tuesday - so we’ll see.
Fingers crossed for you! We’ve got tix for Friday. I keep seeing Tues intoWed is possible arrival, but hopefully it won’t mess up earlier Tues night. I mean, hopefully it will peter out completely!

Since I arrive Wednesday morning, personally I prefer it hit Tuesday night! It is just so hard to know when and where exactly.

Florida this time of year, it is always a possibility.

Currently Invest 93, possibly to become Idalia. Anyone else who’s going to be at WDW next week watching this? NHC has it at a 70% chance of development in 48 hrs, 90% in 7 days, with forecasters predicting impact on Florida, most around the panhandle/big bend. I adjusted my flight arrival and will move around my park res, but am otherwise just popcorn::
Living next to the parks I always follow the path of storms potentially coming this way. I'm watching this one frequently. But I'm still going ahead with my regular plans.

Living next to the parks I always follow the path of storms potentially coming this way. I'm watching this one frequently. But I'm still going ahead with my regular plans.
I fortunately had enough miles to come in a day earlier as a safeguard - I’d rather be on lockdown at Disney than at home working because air travel is messed up. But otherwise, yep, yep. Not much else to do.

Since I arrive Wednesday morning, personally I prefer it hit Tuesday night! It is just so hard to know when and where exactly.

Florida this time of year, it is always a possibility.
Good luck to us both!! My trip keeps getting longer 🤣! I’m solo for most of it and starting to wonder what the heck I’m going to do that whole time! Have a great trip:).

Last edited:
Mine is solo also and I can't extend on either end, so will just roll with it and hope for the best! (which means hope it's not raining 7 days straight?)
I had a rain poncho packed…may bring a jacket as well now, I have a sinking feeling I’ll need a bigger rain wardrobe!

I've been watching since yesterday. I found Mike's Weather Page on FB, and now I'm obsessed with tropicaltidbits.com. We aren't headed there until late Thursday night, so not too worried.

Last edited:
We're supposed to arrive Tuesday at 11am and only have 3.5 days for a short end of summer trip, major delays would be a nightmare so I hope we slip in

Other than some rain, i think Orlando will be ok. Tallahassee will see much more from it

Living in Orlando area for about 20 years, I get used to these last minute wobbles of storm tracking. Latest models have it heading more towards the Panhandle and not Tampa region.

I think WDW will get some heavy rain bands and gusts. In fact, as a local that used to have an AP, these storms is when I would target being in the parks.

We're supposed to arrive Tuesday at 11am and only have 3.5 days for a short end of summer trip, major delays would be a nightmare so I hope we slip in
Good luck!!!! Fingers crossed for you!!

Living in Orlando area for about 20 years, I get used to these last minute wobbles of storm tracking. Latest models have it heading more towards the Panhandle and not Tampa region.

I think WDW will get some heavy rain bands and gusts. In fact, as a local that used to have an AP, these storms is when I would target being in the parks.
-puts extra shoes in bag-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter