This probably isn't a new idea, but....

Dory's Twin

<font color=royalblue>Can I be my own Tag Fairy?<b
I was making pancakes for my DS15 this morning...just the biscuick recipe, I always add vanilla, but this time I also added 2 envelopes of Cinnamon Spice Quaker Oatmeal...YUMMY...He ate tons of pancakes....not that that is new, but, he really enjoyed them and Cinnamon Spice isn't even his favorite flavor of oatmeal! Tomorrow I'm going to add the Apple flavor! :stir:

I never would have thought of that. Sounds YUMMY!!!!! Is this the instant oatmeal envelopes? I have some of that hanging around.

2 envelopes per standard bisquick recipe portion?

That's right...the oatmeal that you get in the envelopes....it was so easy...I had already made my pancake batter (with the extra vanilla that I add...and was hit by the oatmeal inspiration)....

just add 2 envelopes to the recipe on bisquick....easy and yummy!

That's a great idea. My Dh hates making pancakes with the bisquick mix so now I can get him to make them with the oatmeal. Thanks!!! :cool1:

I didn't get to try it after all because apparently we are out of Bisquick. But it's still calling my name. :)

Great idea! I've sprinkled cinnamon in pancake batter but would never have thought of adding the oatmeal packets! Pretty cool! If Bisquick or any of the oatmeal companies ever have one of their "use our product in a original recipe" contests, you should enter your idea!

Great idea! I also just use the Bisquick Complete Cinnamon Swirl (biscuit) packets to make pancakes. Simply add enough milk to make them into a pourable batter. Same for the Jiffy blueberry or corn muffin mixes, although you do have to add an egg for those.

Imzadi said:
Same for the Jiffy blueberry or corn muffin mixes, although you do have to add an egg for those.

Any of the Martha White muffin mixes make fantastic pancakes. Just add an egg and enough milk to make the batter pourable! We love the Wild Berry ones the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter