This is what the end of August is like...

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
So, I already posted about how awesome magic kingdom was yesterday.
Today we had a morning tour which ended in Animal Kingdom around 10 am. We met with Baloo and King Louie since the line was so short - caught the Flights of Wonder show, hit Kali River which was about a 10 minute wait and then didn't even need single rider to ride EE with almost no wait. Then we went to Epcot (taking the beach club bus since we were heading to world showcase). I did the pick a pearl in Japan with my daughter, watched the movie in France while they set our pearls. Then we filled up on some cool spot soda, rode Soarin that was posted at 35 but only took 15 minutes, walked on the Nemo ride and then walked on single rider at Test Track twice which was listed as 30 for standby. Then we hopped back on the bus, back to Jambo, and am now sitting in Jiko.
So - another very successful Disney day!

You are there at one of the best times of year for low crowds. Enjoy!

Sounds great! I would like to go back in late August, but my kids started school two weeks ago, and we are well into varsity soccer season with the oldest. Have a great trip!

Today we had a morning tour which ended in Animal Kingdom around 10 am. We met with Baloo and King Louie since the line was so short - caught the Flights of Wonder show, hit Kali River which was about a 10 minute wait and then didn't even need single rider to ride EE with almost no wait. Then we went to Epcot (taking the beach club bus since we were heading to world showcase). I did the pick a pearl in Japan with my daughter, watched the movie in France while they set our pearls. Then we filled up on some cool spot soda, rode Soarin that was posted at 35 but only took 15 minutes, walked on the Nemo ride and then walked on single rider at Test Track twice which was listed as 30 for standby. Then we hopped back on the bus, back to Jambo, and am now sitting in Jiko.

That's awesome! We went this week in 2012 and had larger crowds!

Soarin- 15min wait! That is awesome. I have not seen crowds that low. Have fun!

Wow! Looks like we should have gone this week. Hoping week after Labor Day is still like this. However, I'm thinking that schools are starting earlier now so last week of August is probably better then earlySeptember now.

The weeks surrounding Labor Day weekend are some of the lowest crowds at WDW! That is when we went in 2010 and, other than the HEAT and humidity, we loved it! :) Enjoy!!

Wow! Looks like we should have gone this week. Hoping week after Labor Day is still like this. However, I'm thinking that schools are starting earlier now so last week of August is probably better then earlySeptember now.

I've been that week twice and it was amazing. I think I waited 10 minutes for Space Mountain and rode it 7 times in 2 hours.

The weeks surrounding Labor Day weekend are some of the lowest crowds at WDW! That is when we went in 2010 and, other than the HEAT and humidity, we loved it! :) Enjoy!!

I'd gladly brave the heat and humidity if it meant low crowds. But when it's hot AND crowded? No thanks. :scared: lol

Excellent! I'll be down there in 2 weeks and I am REALLY looking forward to low crowds!!! :cheer2:

It's certainly a great time to be there if you can stand the heat (I can't).

Hoping it's like this in a couple of weeks we arrive 9/7

I'm here now too - similar experience as OP. Only used 1 fp per day past 2 days (visited 3 parks).

I mentioned to a CM how low the crowds are compared with 1 and 2 weeks go (we've been here for awhile; usually just come last week or so of August).

CM said it is great now, crowd-wise, but in two weeks it will be crowded again. I guess F&W has changed September to a bit more crowded but I still think it's nothing like July.

The bus driver we had yesterday leaving Epcot was just starting his shift and remarked how empty the parking lot was. On our way to AK today the bus stopped at Blizzard Beach and I swear the parking lot was only a quarter full.
Yes, it's great that a lot of the rides are walk on, but not when you have a kid who LOVES Living with the Land, ha ha! (I drew the line at the third time around.)
Also, it's a million degrees out and very unpleasant in the sun.

We just returned (today!) from an 11 night trip and we definitely noticed a difference between crowds the 3rd week of August and the 4th week of August. We barely waited for anything at MK yesterday. Also, it was kind of fun to see the fall decorations up!

This was always our experience with late August as well. We are going back next August but with my daughter being in college now we will be going a week earlier than we are used to.

I hope that there isn't too much of a difference crowd wise but I am just so happy about going back.

So glad that you are having a great time and that crowds are low. Enjoy your trip!

We are going to be there next week and hope the crowds stay around the same!

Glad you're having such a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter