This is very disturbing.

the problem is, most people's idea of "roughing" it whilst camping is to be in a full hookup loop, with no cable or golf cart.

Softie

I dare you to hike the AT. Backpack, tuna in a pouch, trail mix, blisters

OK, I'm obviously not supporting the cause here

THAT is why the State Parks aren't doing well!!! They don't allow you to have any beer! Not just open beer, not just beer in public places~but alcohol in general! I bet that if State Parks changed that rule, camping would be all the rage again! It's as simple as that! :thumbsup2 Next I'm going to balance the federal budget and inspire world peace.

Last time I checked it was still allowed in MI state campgrounds. There are enough people leaving MI, that would only speed up the process.

Originally Posted by PolynesianPixie
THAT is why the State Parks aren't doing well!!! They don't allow you to have any beer! Not just open beer, not just beer in public places~but alcohol in general! I bet that if State Parks changed that rule, camping would be all the rage again! It's as simple as that! Next I'm going to balance the federal budget and inspire world peace.

No alcohol in Parks!!! You mean there's folks that read those signs. If they inforced that rule, the dang parks would be empty. I've actual had rangers come back after hours and sit around the fire and enjoy throwing back a few with us. That's one of those CYA rules.
Now has anyone actually been told to leave the park for possession alcohol and not showing their behind because of the alcohol.

No alcohol in Parks!!! You mean there's folks that read those signs. If they inforced that rule, the dang parks would be empty. I've actual had rangers come back after hours and sit around the fire and enjoy throwing back a few with us. That's one of those CYA rules.
Now has anyone actually been told to leave the park for possession alcohol and not showing their behind because of the alcohol.

Oh heck yeah! I have a story about Bart, my gang and the "rent a cop" that thought he was God! More on that later.

THAT is why the State Parks aren't doing well!!! They don't allow you to have any beer! Not just open beer, not just beer in public places~but alcohol in general! I bet that if State Parks changed that rule, camping would be all the rage again! It's as simple as that! :thumbsup2 Next I'm going to balance the federal budget and inspire world peace.

A lot of our state parks allow alcohol. One in particular sells beer in the camp store :-)

Im pretty sure all of LA state parks allow alcohol......if they dont officially allow it, they sure refuse to ackowledge anyone breaking that rule.

Im pretty sure all of LA state parks allow alcohol......if they dont officially allow it, they sure refuse to ackowledge anyone breaking that rule.

Man LA use to have drive thru drinking stands.:upsidedow

Man LA use to have drive thru drinking stands.:upsidedow

We still do...drive thru daiqueri shops all over the subs of N.O.....but they've cracked down on them...they're not allowed to insert the straw into the cup when they sell them!!!! Dat'll stop dem dam caj'ns frum drank'n n dryv'n!!!:rolleyes:

Collisions due to intoxication are down....but collisions due to "straw unwrapping" are on the rise!!!!

I'm pretty sure open containers of alcohol are illegal in New Orleans, too, aren't they? Obviously a law that not only would be impossible to enforce, but downright dangerous, too.

No..open containers are fine as long as its not glass and your not in a vehicle

Well, Virginia State Parks do NOT allow it! We were camping at Claytor Lake State Park a little while back. We thought the rule was no open containers in public places. Well, we did get a little rowdy with this guy named Bart who was in the camp site next to us~it had nothing to do with the drinking, we were just having a lively conversation and nobody got up to talk, we just spoke loudly from our campsites. It was all good neighborly fun! Well, Mr. Ranger Dude, with a mega chip on his shoulder came over and acted like he was the CIA or something. Sniffing around our site and pouring out my wine and my friend's Bourbon! Poor Bart did get tossed out. He was 3 sheets to the wind. My DH, bless his argumenative heart, explained that that campsite was our property because we paid for it and if we wanted to enjoy some wine with dear old Bart, then we had every right. I really thought he was going to get us pitched out! The thing I am still confused about is, the next night, the campgound held a wine tasting!!!!!:confused3

NY allows alcohol -- just no kegs. I found that out the hard way a couple of years ago, but that's another story.

Which reminds me some parks DO allow kegs because we were able to have one at a campground outside of Syracuse after my daughter's wedding. A nice IPA if I remember correctly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter