This is Us- Season six

I loved how they used last night's episode to quietly finish. My mother passed away last year and my SIL this year. Both times the "after" was so beautiful, visiting with relatives, remembering our loved ones, talking about the impact they made on our lives. For me, it was the perfect ending.

And I felt that it very fitting the last thing you see or at least that is what I remember, is Jack and Randall looking at each other, maybe it was Randall and Deja, I can't remember the order. Anyway, This Is Us really began with Randall being added to the family. Without him, without Jack adding him, I don't think that there would have been a This Is Us.

One thing I’m glad they didn’t do was add some hokie ending that would have left us all shaking our heads. Something like having the last scene being Rebecca waking up during the night and then waking up Jack to ask him if he unplugged the crock pot. Only for him to say something like “I can’t remember, babe, but I’ll go check.”

This show was all about family and that’s how it ended.

One thing I’m glad they didn’t do was add some hokie ending that would have left us all shaking our heads. Something like having the last scene being Rebecca waking up during the night and then waking up Jack to ask him if he unplugged the crock pot. Only for him to say something like “I can’t remember, babe, but I’ll go check.”

This show was all about family and that’s how it ended.
Yes! That would have been an awful ending!

I loved it. I think it's because I have grumpy teenagers and we still have "forced family fun days". Those little moments are so important to me even though they don't get it yet.

I loved the Nicky/Kevin interaction and the last Beth/Randall worst game. Also the Kate/Toby interaction. Makes you scratch your head and say why are they divorced?

I'm looking forward to a rewatch but I think I'll wait awhile

Well I got power back just a couple of hours before the show. I sat down all excited for the finale (and bball, as I have missed four games due to the outage).

So grateful.

All happy. 8:45 pm --- And off it goes. And on it comes. Rinse and repeat.

Tried to watch it on data and no can do.

But watched today.

I thought it was ****ing beautiful. Just perfect. But like I said I love quiet episodes.

*I could not stand old Toby but man how I have grown to love that man - great final scene for him..

*The casting of adolescent Kevin deserves an award in itself - as does the actor --- perfection.

I just thought it was the perfect decision to plan such a simple, lovely final episode. And to have the vision to of course get it done before those children became teenagers.

Milo has said that he had a talk with Mandy right after casting, that he wanted to focus on the love between their characters, and really make that a priority. Make it real.
Absolutely successful. Young Kevin's reenactment of Jack embodied that success.

-------------

Well guys, it has been wonderful. :love::flower3:

I also have always loved the quiet episodes and thought this was a perfect ending. It was a great reminder of what a gift those “ordinary” days and the memories of them are. I seem to always enjoy the episodes where so many of the comments are, “Nothing happened.”

I didn’t need to see where everyone ends up further in the future (though if the series continued, I know I’d enjoy the stories). Where would that end? The Big 3 die? The kids have kids who have kids? I can imagine a future for each of them. I definitely did not want to see a contrived view of heaven or an afterlife. I think that is best for everyone to fill in with their own beliefs.

Last week’s episode could have been the finale, but I’m glad that they gave us one more episode that was quintessential This is Us. “If I know where you are, I always know where I’m going.” (I need to watch again to get the exact wording.)

I just saw on E.T that most of this was taped 3 years ago. The girl playing Kate last night when she is younger is very tall top right now. There was a picture of the girls and Kate on Instagram.

Don’t really know what I expected last night. Like all of them I will watch again on the weekend.

After watching This Is Us since it's beginning it was quite a shock this afternoon to see Justin Hartley playing a jerk in Netflix's movie, Senior Year. I saw some "Kevin" in his acting, I imagine it will be that way for awhile with a lot of the actors/actresses.

After watching This Is Us since it's beginning it was quite a shock this afternoon to see Justin Hartley playing a jerk in Netflix's movie, Senior Year. I saw some "Kevin" in his acting, I imagine it will be that way for awhile with a lot of the actors/actresses.
:eek: If you think that's a mind-bend, take a gander at what Sterling K Brown gets up to on Season 3 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Prime Video). :faint: I'm not exaggerating when I say I simply could not look at Randal Pearson the same afterward.

I had to wait to see the last two episodes as I wasn't near a tv to watch them (vacation). I couldn't wait until I got home, though, and watched them on my laptop last Saturday. I really enjoyed the last show and saw it as a poignant epilogue to the series. It was so good, and again showed how things we do may affect someone down the road that we've never met (William). I'm thinking of a kindness my parents may have shown that affected someone and maybe a memory will pop up about one of them and that memory will be shared, or a lesson learned because of their actions. It could be something simple like the time I sat next to a woman on a train when I was 9 and she asked me if I could wink with both eyes, alternating one with the other. I couldn't, but I can now, and that memory will pop up in my mind. (something super simple, but makes me smile) There were so many small things happening in the last episode, and I thought it was a good way to end the series.

Big 3 - can't think of that without hitting my chest. lol

I really appreciated this thread during the series, and pretty much was the first thing I would go to after each episode. I enjoyed reading all of your perspectives and had to go and rewatch some of the episodes after reading your comments. Reading this thread today made my eyes quite misty.

I had to wait to see the last two episodes as I wasn't near a tv to watch them (vacation). I couldn't wait until I got home, though, and watched them on my laptop last Saturday. I really enjoyed the last show and saw it as a poignant epilogue to the series. It was so good, and again showed how things we do may affect someone down the road that we've never met (William). I'm thinking of a kindness my parents may have shown that affected someone and maybe a memory will pop up about one of them and that memory will be shared, or a lesson learned because of their actions. It could be something simple like the time I sat next to a woman on a train when I was 9 and she asked me if I could wink with both eyes, alternating one with the other. I couldn't, but I can now, and that memory will pop up in my mind. (something super simple, but makes me smile) There were so many small things happening in the last episode, and I thought it was a good way to end the series.

Big 3 - can't think of that without hitting my chest. lol

I really appreciated this thread during the series, and pretty much was the first thing I would go to after each episode. I enjoyed reading all of your perspectives and had to go and rewatch some of the episodes after reading your comments. Reading this thread today made my eyes quite misty.

When it comes down to it, I think the series was like Kevin's (lame) drawing--we don't get to see the part before, we don't get to see the part after, we just see what's on the sheet right there. So, the ending is kind of quiet, but the stories go on--we just don't see them. (Does that make sense? Do I need more sleep?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter