This is Us- Season six

I really wanted to see the baby that died. It was nice to see the doctor again.

The kids all at different ages was nice to see too. I guess she didn’t touch anyone, but Miguel’s was so fast.

Not sure why but it didn’t make me sad at all. I remember being with my siblings when my mom died. We shared stories but in the room with her. It kind of surprised me they all went to bed.

Is that the last we see them than, did Toby go home? He was funny when he asked her if he was the favourite…..yes Toby I said out loud…lol

Well have to hunt down the previews for the last one now. What is left?

It was beautiful but I thought it would hit me more and it didn’t. I was more upset with Jack and Miguel’s deaths. Maybe because I knew it was coming.
I thought the addition of the other family was a beautiful way to wrap in how the Pearsons touched families beyond their own. Jack took what the doctor told him when the kids were born and passed it to Marcus’ father, and in the end it inspired Marcus too.

Huh

I teared up a few times, mostly when Kate showed up, but I was way more emotional when Miguel died, and then last week as well.

I loved that we saw William, and Dr. K as well.

Was anyone else thinking that Marcus was going to be Deja’s grandchild? It was a huge shock to me that they interacted with Jack…and right before he died too :sad:

I was a little mad when Marcus and them were laughing at the lemonade quote. Wondering how it could be a family motto. How dare they do Jack and Dr. K dirty like that lol

To be honest, I think this affects me so much is because my parents are getting older and I can’t imagine surviving having to go through this with them. Just writing this made me snot cry lol

There were so many throwbacks in the train, especially the car with Dr. K. Does anyone remember the significance of ketchup? When they were showing the knick knacks on the shelf, there was a bottle of ketchup, a Lundy mug, and a worlds best dad mug.

I was surprised everyone went to bed, but I guess there was no point in everyone waiting up as well.

The spot on casting continued because adult Malik was exactly how I’d picture him all grown up.

Not what I expected, did we really need the other family in there?
Yes!
A) The motto getting passed on was super important.
B) to keep us guessing about who they were
I loved that we saw William, and Dr. K as well.
Me too!!! Seeing Dr. K was when i teared up 🥲
Was anyone else thinking that Marcus was going to be Deja’s grandchild? It was a huge shock to me that they interacted with Jack…and right before he died too :sad:
Absolutely!
And then I was afraid that it was present day and Kate was in the other car. 😬 I was hoping Rebecca wasn't going really meet Kate on the train.
There were so many throwbacks in the train, especially the car with Dr. K. Does anyone remember the significance of ketchup? When they were showing the knick knacks on the shelf, there was a bottle of ketchup, a Lundy mug, and a worlds best dad mug.
I loved that too! I will have to rewatch and try to get all the little clues. I definitely recognized the mugs, and I think the ball of yarn was from knitting baby things. Was the ketchup maybe a scene between the kids at some point?

I loved the parts where the three actors for Randall and Kevin got to sit together on the train. I always say that when you look at your kids, a part of you sees them at every age they've been. It was so beautiful! (And probably really cool for the actors.)

I loved Beth's speech, and I copied down another William quote too.

Using the speaker on the train was a neat touch. The whole metaphor was so well done! And I was pretty sure Jack would be there at the end.

Im guessing the part where Mandy threw up was when the doctor found out that Jack died while he was saving Marcus. That was gut-wrenching.

I was not a fan of the writers changing directions on the Kate storyline. The previous flash forwards always had her driving with Jack to the house. I also don’t believe that she managed to finish college, get a Master’s, design internationally successful educational programs, be a single mom with a disabled child, get remarried, etc, it’s just not her personality that we have been shown even with her growth in the series.

I loved William and Dr K! It was all so bittersweet and now I am tearing up again.

Overall, not what I was expecting. I thought they spent way to much time on the Brooks family--yeah, yeah, I get it--the doctor was saving Marcus while Jack died (like there's only one good doctor in the hospital?). Marcus goes on to develop the Alzheimer's treatment that helps Rebecca (presumably). I just thought it was a needless tangent.

Mandy Moore looked so gorgeous this episode--so good to see her young and un-harried from chasing triplets! William also looked dashing. Great to see Dr. K. No sign of Kyle? Her one child that would be on the train?

I cried--it made me think of losing my mom to dementia. But, my mom and I never had a great relationship, she wouldn't have been looking for me at the end or anything.

I also thought that it was kind of weird that the caboose had a bed. I dunno--I would have rather seen them dancing or something. I know there were many scenes of them talking in bed, that's probably why they went that way. I just didn't care for it.

The previous flash forwards always had her driving with Jack to the house.
I thought they only said "they're on their way" and we never really knew? (Until a future scene where we saw both parents at someplace to see Jack sing, some people even speculated that Kate had passed.)

I loved William and Dr K! It was all so bittersweet and now I am tearing up again.
So much!!!

Mandy Moore looked so gorgeous this episode--so good to see her young and un-harried from chasing triplets! William also looked dashing. Great to see Dr. K. No sign of Kyle? Her one child that would be on the train?
I agree. She looked amazing! And I had wondered if she'd finally meet Kyle.

I also thought that it was kind of weird that the caboose had a bed. I dunno--I would have rather seen them dancing or something. I know there were many scenes of them talking in bed, that's probably why they went that way. I just didn't care for it.
I think maybe it was for the back and forth between that bed and her hospital bed at the house, and the line about her deserving to rest. But I agree dancing would have been a nice way to do it too.

I usually tape the show and watch it, but I couldn’t wait.

Randall’s youngest got to go in and say goodbye to Rebecca. Someone asked why no grandchildren went in to say good bye.

My husband was asking me a ton of questions during the show, and driving me crazy. He kept asking me why Rebecca was on the train. Finally I blurted out, that it is like the movie Polar Express, except Rebecca is dying and she is hearing her family talk to her, but reliving moments. When Rebecca heard her families voices and looked up into the speaker, it gave me the chills and I lost it and cried. Remember in the Polar Express when the train stopped and the boy heard a store speaker play the same music and message over and over like a broken record. By the way, I do not like the movie Polar Express, to me it is one long nightmare of a movie, even though Tom Hanks is in the movie. But anyway, sorry for the reference to the movie and associating it with this episode. I had to find a way to explain to my husband how the train ride was relevant with Rebecca passing away.

This episode had me crying all the way through.

The train theme was so beautifully done and a perfect send off for Rebecca. I'd like to believe that's how death actually unfolds, with a peaceful journey and moments with those who were important along the way.

A few thoughts...
-LOVED that Rebecca was waiting for Kate. It would have been so horrible if she didn't make it in time.
-WILLIAM!! What a perfect way to tie him back in
-Where was Kyle? Probably would have been hard to tie him in, but surprised they didn't try.
-I didn't mind the bed at the end. It made sense with her being in bed in real life, and also with the "it's time for you to rest" comment
-I too thought they spent too much time on the Brooks family, although I did appreciate the storyline and how they brought it back full circle to the Alzheimer's treatment.
-How did they all just go to bed after saying their goodbyes? I thought that was weird.
-Toby!! Yes, we all like you better than Philip LOL
-Also thought it was weird we didn't see Nicky saying his goodbye.

The spot on casting continued because adult Malik was exactly how I’d picture him all grown up.
Wait was that not him?? I thought it was the same actor! If not, they did an incredible job.

What's left for next week? I am so curious to see how they tie this all up.

Ok I really enjoyed the episode.

I did think the Brooks family was necessary (plus we got Dule Hill for a few minutes always good when he is around). It was a full circle that was necessary. Even bringing back Bill Irwin to show how you can lose and save a life in a hospital in a matter of minutes was it really hitting home. Plus we needed a misdirect with Deja and Malik.

In terms of not seeing the grandkids, it made sense except Deja. The young ones only knew Rebecca at the start of her disease. They most likely went in with Madison and Philip. Tess said when we first saw the flash forward she didn’t want to see her, so it made sense to not see it. What I was NOT expecting was freaking Annie Pearson being the one to really open the floodgates. And I loved that it was her because she was always the example of pure innocence in the show.

While I’m shocked we didn’t see Madison or Philip, I’m more annoyed we didn’t see Nicky’s goodbye. I’m wondering if theirs was on the cutting room floor and they were already over 3 minutes. HOWEVER, I thought it was brilliant interjecting Sophie and Toby’s goodbyes. Another perfect example of the circle of life.

Also once again I cannot get over how well the casting of older Deja was! And Malik had great casting for older too! Once again that circle and coming back that Randall discussed!

Miguel….oh Miguel….I’m sad he didn’t get more. It made sense William cut him off slightly. And I read that as Miguel and Rebecca never had enough time. And even Miguel’s face read that he knew she wasn’t waiting for him and he said his piece.

Dr K. That was brilliant. I wonder if that line about almost losing Rebecca was the part that made Mandy throw up. That and Kate not being here. I also really liked all the stuff at the bar surrounding him.

William. Another example of brilliance. I loved the analogy to him being the conductor of it all, because without him dropping Randall at the firehouse none of the future would’ve happened. Plus, the writers gave us their final words to us with his final monologue. Their goodbye was him putting the hat on. And the way they framed that scene where William wasn’t breaking the 4th wall, but they framed him so we could listen to those words. Brilliant.

I knew she was hanging in for Kate. The final big three goodbye, Beth and Annie destroyed me (Toby was the laugh).

Also did anyone else think they were trying to trick us with Jack and the night of the fire? He had a similar patterned shirt on in the appendicitis, and they framed it so we didn’t realize what night it was at first.

All in all: a brilliant episode. I like the train and full circle moments (minus a thing or two).

I have a feeling the series finale will open where we left off. And then the funeral and then go full blown Six feet under on us.

The train theme was so beautifully done and a perfect send off for Rebecca. I'd like to believe that's how death actually unfolds, with a peaceful journey and moments with those who were important along the way.

A few thoughts...
-LOVED that Rebecca was waiting for Kate. It would have been so horrible if she didn't make it in time.
-WILLIAM!! What a perfect way to tie him back in
-Where was Kyle? Probably would have been hard to tie him in, but surprised they didn't try.
-I didn't mind the bed at the end. It made sense with her being in bed in real life, and also with the "it's time for you to rest" comment
-I too thought they spent too much time on the Brooks family, although I did appreciate the storyline and how they brought it back full circle to the Alzheimer's treatment.
-How did they all just go to bed after saying their goodbyes? I thought that was weird.
-Toby!! Yes, we all like you better than Philip LOL
-Also thought it was weird we didn't see Nicky saying his goodbye.

Wait was that not him?? I thought it was the same actor! If not, they did an incredible job.

What's left for next week? I am so curious to see how they tie this all up.
In terms of going to bed after saying goodbyes, I’ve been in diners and restaurants after saying goodbye. And then they didn’t pass until the next morning. Everyone grieves different, plus they probably didn’t want to alter the kids schedule too much (Beth and Randall’s girls aside)

One day I would like to go back and binge watch the series to pick up all the little clues that brought us to Rebecca dying. When Dr. K told Rebecca "what a thing you've made of it all.........." it struck me how I always thought the main focal point of the series was Jack. But it was really Rebecca. She was the one who held everyone and everything together. Always. Yes, she deserves to rest. Like everyone else, Mandy Moore has been simply amazing in this role.

I feel like the last 2 episodes should have been 2 hours long or at least this one. The Brooks family storyline caused other things such as the good byes to be rushed imo. I would have liked to see baby Kyle.

One day I would like to go back and binge watch the series to pick up all the little clues that brought us to Rebecca dying. When Dr. K told Rebecca "what a thing you've made of it all.........." it struck me how I always thought the main focal point of the series was Jack. But it was really Rebecca. She was the one who held everyone and everything together. Always. Yes, she deserves to rest. Like everyone else, Mandy Moore has been simply amazing in this role.

I feel like the last 2 episodes should have been 2 hours long or at least this one. The Brooks family storyline caused other things such as the good byes to be rushed imo. I would have liked to see baby Kyle.
My mom has been saying she wants to binge it and I’m like are you sure your emotions can handle that?”

I also wonder if dr. K dropped those hints in his other appearances.

Also did anyone else think they were trying to trick us with Jack and the night of the fire? He had a similar patterned shirt on in the appendicitis, and they framed it so we didn’t realize what night it was at first.
I did think for a minute that it was going to be the Christmas hospital visit, especially because the snow globe had been mentioned. I think they just like to keep us guessing. :laughing:

And it's definitely a series I would watch again! There's just so much in it.

I was not a fan of the writers changing directions on the Kate storyline. The previous flash forwards always had her driving with Jack to the house. I also don’t believe that she managed to finish college, get a Master’s, design internationally successful educational programs, be a single mom with a disabled child, get remarried, etc, it’s just not her personality that we have been shown even with her growth in the series.

We never knew that Kate was on her way with Jack. Toby just said that he’d talked to Jack and “they’re on their way” but we didn’t know who “they” referred to other than Jack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter