This is Us- Season six

Please don’t watch a show that is so upsetting! The minute they signaled where they were going with this show i stopped watching and loosely kept up with recaps. I haven't watched an episode in a couple years.. With my anxiety it was so the right call.

Please don’t watch a show that is so upsetting! The minute they signaled where they were going with this show i stopped watching and loosely kept up with recaps. I haven't watched an episode in a couple years.. With my anxiety it was so the right call.
I won't watch next week. It's a shame they can't honor the process of death without completely gutting those of us who have been though it. A little compassion for those viewers and a bit of comic relief (more Nicky!) would have been nice.

My parents' 50th anniversary is this week. I like to think they are invincible, but this episode made me realize I need to cherish my time with them. Leaving for NC in a few to see them on the way to Disney. It hurts to see them aging - and quickly.

Thanks for this thread to share. My heart goes out to those who have lived this.

I found this episode hard to watch, but beautifully written. It now makes perfect sense how Kevin came to be the primary caregiver. And what a transformation of him as a character, from the childhood goof off to making such a selfless decision to care for Rebecca at the end. The next 2 episodes will be heartbreaking for sure.

What a beautiful episode - I loved how they juxtaposed Rebecca taking care of them as babies/kids with them taking care of her now. And I liked that Kevin's part of the family was able to make the move, even if it was a little too "TV perfect".

:hug: to all those who found this hard to watch because of similar family situations. I hope that having other people see it gives them a better understanding of what you've been through, and helps them to help you in better ways.

If these past two episodes are any indication, I will be a blubbering fool during the finale.

This episode was perfect in every way. How heartbreaking it was to see Rebecca, but without any of the things that make her, well, her.

I was sad for most of the episode but I absolutely lost it when I realized they were all changing their lives to move to be with Rebecca in her final days.

Nicky was perfect comedy relief when he was talking about not doing the gross things lol

That song! THAT SONG!!!

I really don’t think I’m prepared to listen to them say their goodbyes.

OH, another part that absolutely got me. Right before the talk with everyone, there was a flashback to Rebecca and Jack when they found out they were pregnant. They say it’s two of us and just one teeny tiny baby. That’s what they were expecting, and look at what that grew in to.

I absolutely loved seeing Rebecca doing everything for the kids, and then to switch to them taking no care of her.

I’m sure it will be amazing, but I really hope they don’t do something cheesy like having Jack and Miguel meet her at heaven or on a train or something. I also hope they don’t do something like have this all be a dream or something. I think we deserve more than that.

If these past two episodes are any indication, I will be a blubbering fool during the finale.

This episode was perfect in every way. How heartbreaking it was to see Rebecca, but without any of the things that make her, well, her.

I was sad for most of the episode but I absolutely lost it when I realized they were all changing their lives to move to be with Rebecca in her final days.

Nicky was perfect comedy relief when he was talking about not doing the gross things lol

That song! THAT SONG!!!

I really don’t think I’m prepared to listen to them say their goodbyes.

OH, another part that absolutely got me. Right before the talk with everyone, there was a flashback to Rebecca and Jack when they found out they were pregnant. They say it’s two of us and just one teeny tiny baby. That’s what they were expecting, and look at what that grew in to.

I absolutely loved seeing Rebecca doing everything for the kids, and then to switch to them taking no care of her.

I’m sure it will be amazing, but I really hope they don’t do something cheesy like having Jack and Miguel meet her at heaven or on a train or something. I also hope they don’t do something like have this all be a dream or something. I think we deserve more than that.
I agree that this would be pretty cheesy, but I do hope they somehow bring things full circle back to Jack and Rebecca. Kind of in a “look at what the us that was just the two of us turned into,” and how they’re carried on through everyone else.

OMG that was hard to watch. So beautiful and bitter sweet. Kind of like life. Man it got me when they kept flashing to Rebecca caring for them as kids then flashing forward to them caring for her. 😭

Loved how Kate was the one who was leading with her heart. She was reading to Rebecca, walking with her, complimenting her while Randall and Kevin fought about logistics. Rebecca was very wise to choose Kate to be in charge.

Beth Beth Beth the one pulling the strings. LOL ! Loved how she gently reminded Randall that Kate was in fact not overwhelmed and didn't need rescuing (like she did as a teen) and that Kevin was not the immature teenage version of himself anymore. Just wonderful how Beth is Randalls rock and his confidant. Helps him to get out of his own way.

Loved how Toby and Kate are at a good place.

Next week will be another tough one I think.

Ok I didn’t cry until the very end this week, but I think my predictions about the series finale being six feet under/parenthood like might be correct.

Also let’s be real from the coming attractions Beth is gonna emotionally destroy us all next week give Susan a damn Emmy please and thank you.

Mandy and the big three were also awesome this week.

1) I really thought we were gonna see Dr. K!
2) Did Beth’s mom die?
3) Love how they snuck in that Kate got her masters and now works for the State of California.
4) I’ve been thinking about how Toby fits into the coming in scene. He flew in with the kids (with or without Laura is unknown) and Kate and Philip to help knowing she was getting ready to pass
5) While I’d be happy if Kevin gave up acting all together and focused on Big Three Homes (it would be the perfect cherry on top to his wonderful character development), I wonder if he has done anything here or there just to keep up his union credentials and insurance (sorry this is my entertainment industry brain working)
6) Madison you sneaky human. She’s been waiting for the right moment.
7) While I feel bad everyone is leaving Kate, that conversation she had with Toby proved she needed to stay in CA
8) Speaking of Toby: HE AND KATE ARE DONE! THEY ARE GOOD COPARENTSWITH EACH OTHER AND THEIR NEW PARTNERS! I’m so sick of the shippers on Twitter coming out of the wood work deal with it they are clearly happier and better off,
9) kudos to Toby for letting Hailey and Jack try new foods
10) Beth and Sophie’s impressions of the guys had me howling
11) I do feel bad for Philip. Besides things being done differently across the pond, he must feel like an outsider having been there the least amount of time.
12) Event though it was short for Beth and a quick moment for Toby, I’m so happy the show let us see how they are handling Miguel’s death. It clearly pains them.
13) Jack you couldn’t start cleaning Kevin up?!?!?
14) Someone but it on the head last night on Twitter: this has always been Rebecca’s story. Period.
15) Just give me one Beth and Edie scene that is five minutes of pure genius.
16) Took the brothers long enough to actually see what Kate was seeing and accept it.
17) Anyone else just want Chinese food after watching the episode given how many times they ate it? I was seriously craving wonton soup late and night and this morning

Must have tissues for the next two weeks. I’m gonna hide them all over the place too incase I run out.

Last edited:
The mind is something.

Last week I felt totally void of feeling, watching Miguel. And I didn't understand at first and then promptly realized I felt too much and was shutting down.

I realized last week I was caring for my mother the first year this show and thread started. I did not even realize she was still here. Life goes so quickly.

Yesterday was her birthday. I was doing okay. Gorgeous here. Out on my bike. Get home after nine. Turn on the NBA playoffs, settle in. (And total ridiculous bandwagoning by watching the end of the third of the Leafs win!)

I have never missed an episode. Am streaming now, so nothing on tape. So I am even more focused. Usually know it is Tuesday.

And totally forgot it was on.

I swear, and I know it sounds bizarre, my brain was saying no can do. I even woke up early and did not even search for the stream as yet.

I will though. I saw the last bit. So I do have things to say at some point.

I have been pacing myself with this show. We lost my dad just this past February to COVID and Alzheimer's. It definitely is bringing up a lot of hard memories for me. So we don't often watch it right after it airs. I have to wait until I 'have the spoons' for it, as they say. If I've had a rough day, I can't add it on top of that. But I also don't want to bring down a really good day with the intensity of this show. It's kind of a delicate balance for me and it sometimes takes a week for me to be in just the right mood to handle it.

My parents' 50th anniversary is this week. I like to think they are invincible, but this episode made me realize I need to cherish my time with them. Leaving for NC in a few to see them on the way to Disney. It hurts to see them aging - and quickly.

Thanks for this thread to share. My heart goes out to those who have lived this.
So true. We all take time for granted, every one of us.

What a lovely celebration.

Have a wonderful time with them. And relaxing and fun holiday.

27 minutes in and I'm thinking this may be too much for me. I've sat at that table with my siblings, trying to "do right by what's left" of mom, as Randall put it. Not sure if I want to keep watching.
This hit close to home. You are fortunate the other siblings cared. Some deem "what's left" no longer worthy of a visit or a phone call. Mandy Moore did a great job...portraying Rebecca's decline. There were lots of tears with this episode for me. It doesn't always have the "happy" Hollywood ending...loved ones rallying and supporting one another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter