This is Us- Season six

I, too, hope that the last episode shows the big three and how their lives are post Rebecca.

And, has anyone else noticed that besides one throwaway comment, there hasn’t been one mention of Beth’s mom? If she was moving in with them, you would think that she’d feature more. I have my suspicions that this was the most discreet way to not have Phylicia Rashad return to the cast for the final season.

We did get our little island girl part 2, and I’m hoping for more. I often wonder with losing those three episodes last year what storylines we lost this year. But I do agree with you.
Also how Susan has never obtained any Emmy nominations for Beth is beyond me
It is not an episode centered on her, that is needed. It is simply the writing of her seems false and off lately. And the timing of that is frustrating for me. Such a brilliant character and as I have said before is beginning to feel like a caricature of Beth.

Okay I will stop repeating myself, in complete frustration .:laughing::drinking1

It is not an episode centered on her, that is needed. It is simply the writing of her seems false and off lately. And the timing of that is frustrating for me. Such a brilliant character and as I have said before is beginning to feel like a caricature of Beth.

Okay I will stop repeating myself, in complete frustration .:laughing::drinking1
She really just seems like fluff lately. I love her sense of humor, but she seems like a smaller character recently.

In the “previously on” they showed the scene from the one holiday they spent. And given the episode had Shelly mention Jack and Rebecca it must’ve been some jealousy as well.
And see, to me, that's not enough reason to be completely uninvolved with your kids, adult or not. It's something that likely could have been overcome with time and effort, although hard to do if you aren't even trying. Doesn't make me think highly of either Miguel or his kids.

And see, to me, that's not enough reason to be completely uninvolved with your kids, adult or not. It's something that likely could have been overcome with time and effort, although hard to do if you aren't even trying. Doesn't make me think highly of either Miguel or his kids.
I genuinely forgot about that dinner scene they showed. I need like a recap explaining what happened cuz I doubt they didn’t include anything in that….there had to be something

This is another reason why I’m hoping we have characters return….imagine William coming to not Randal but to Beth in a dream or a memory. Anything to bring out what helped shape her

She really just seems like fluff lately. I love her sense of humor, but she seems like a smaller character recently.

She really has become a background character with few lines. Although I still throughly enjoy her comic relief!

However, I can kind of understand why:
First, her marriage to Randall is strong. The stories about Randall's family included the kids storylines as well, especially Deja. Randall and his family have been a big focus on previous seasons, I think this season Kate and Kevin have had more episodes on them.
Second, in-laws typically are not in the thick of it when it comes to the decision making amongst siblings when a parent is dying. They are more background support. They will usually do what is asked, but they are often times not part of the decision making. Understandably so, imho.

I wonder if the actress who plays Beth is doing other projects and maybe doesn't have time to be a major part of the show right now. It just seems too weird they wouldn't use her more considering she is one of the best parts of the show.

I wonder if the actress who plays Beth is doing other projects and maybe doesn't have time to be a major part of the show right now. It just seems too weird they wouldn't use her more considering she is one of the best parts of the show.
I think like a pp said, this season is really focusing on the big 3 and how they are dealing with Rebecca. We had a lot of Beth when they told her back story about the dancing and when she was in dance school and how she met Randall and how she became a dance teacher and opened her own studio and dealing with her old dance instructor etc.

I think a lot of the cast are taking back seats this season so they can focus on the core three and their lives. Toby was highlighted because of the divorce and they did not really tell his story in the past seasons because him and Kate were solid. Now, Randall and Beth are solid and they already did Beths story. At least that is my take on it.

I am wondering though if they will show the rapid, horrific decline parts of the disease. As an actor and a human it would definitely be rough in anyone to witness and go through that, real life or fictional.

I don’t think it will be a curveball, it will be something shown in a way it’s normally not on TV.

Also anyone else wondering/slightly hoping the final two episodes give us glimpses to kk these characters we’ve seen over the years. I know Josh Hamilton was a one and done doctor for Madison and had the daughter with the horse and was wrapping Walking Dead for a chunk of this season of TIU, but I’d love a callback to everyone. Even those no longer with us on the show, like William and Dr. K
Yes, and the lady at the pool (actually Sterling Browns real wife.) Didn't someone as an adult have her in a pic frame at their house and I thought I read somewhere that she would be an important part of their lives.

I thought this episode was done very well. It was nice to get some back story on Miguel. He truly was a great man. I think we will see Rebecca pass in the next to last episode which is titled "Train". Remembering back to the episode when Rebecca couldn't think of the name of the last car - caboose. I think it is her reaching the end - "caboose" of her life. I think what made Mandy Moore sick while reading the script was that when she passes she will be meeting with not only Jack and Miguel but she will see Kyle.

I thought the directing of this episode was incredible. Look at me act like I know a damn thing about directing. :rotfl2:

Anyway, especially when the camera panned the wall of pictures and their wedding vows were playing in the background. Beautifully done.

I love when music is almost its own character in a movie, or in this case, a tv show.
Ever since Jaws.

I also wanted to add, I thought it was great Kevin was the one to bridge the gap between Miguel and his son after Kevin gave Miguel such a hard time about him being with Rebecca. It was also nice that Kevin not only helped Rebecca get up, but also Miguel. Kevin has certainly come a long way where Miguel is concerned.
Me too! He has grown soooo much.

It's definitely going to be Billy Joel kind of day.
Yep, I about lost it as soon as "And So It Goes" came on, and I knew we were about to see the montage right through to Miguel's passing...but I still played the song again as soon as the episode was over. 😂

I loved finally seeing Miguel's whole story, and I think they were right to go all the way back to his childhood. One of the major themes of this show has always been how the past events of our lives shape the present and future ones.

Again, they got the child actor spot on for the adult character.

Interesting about the two resumes.

Great quotes in the episode! The one about love was already mentioned, but I also liked "I don't know. But it's a good question. Ask me again later."

I enjoyed a lot of the moments in this episode - how Jack pretty much pushed them to become friends, how Rebecca just went around to Miguel's side of the table and kissed him before she lost her chance again, the Big-3's reactions to catching them together, how their wedding vows played in voice-over while the camera panned over photos...

I am really going to miss this show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter