This is Us- Season six

I think I am an outlier. I don't care about this show in the way of figuring out the mystery of what's going to happen when in the chronology, how little pieces hinted about fit into a future picture, or any of that stuff. At least in this thread, I can see that I am definitely in the minority, though.

I love it for the acting moments, the frequently really good writing, about how authentic different story lines are and how they move me--about the message that life is full of contradictions, high points, low blows and how we are all trying to hang together through the tough times and embrace happiness when and where we encounter it. I like to take each episode and watch it unfold--almost always with a lot of interesting and ironic and touching or recognizable moments from real life interactions.

I will miss it a lot when it is done, but I am not thinking about clues and puzzle pieces. I will miss the characters and their humanity--which is probably why it is easy to talk about these folks as if they are real people rather than fictional creations.

It is interesting to see the many reasons people are drawn to this show.
This, exactly!

I think I am an outlier. I don't care about this show in the way of figuring out the mystery of what's going to happen when in the chronology, how little pieces hinted about fit into a future picture, or any of that stuff. At least in this thread, I can see that I am definitely in the minority, though.

I love it for the acting moments, the frequently really good writing, about how authentic different story lines are and how they move me--about the message that life is full of contradictions, high points, low blows and how we are all trying to hang together through the tough times and embrace happiness when and where we encounter it. I like to take each episode and watch it unfold--almost always with a lot of interesting and ironic and touching or recognizable moments from real life interactions.

I will miss it a lot when it is done, but I am not thinking about clues and puzzle pieces. I will miss the characters and their humanity--which is probably why it is easy to talk about these folks as if they are real people rather than fictional creations.

It is interesting to see the many reasons people are drawn to this show.
I know this is hard to believe :laughing: but it is not the puzzles at all for me.

Because it goes back and forth in time, it is the trajectory of people's lives that has always been the pull for me.

The choices people make that can change everything, both good and bad. To new places and people. Regrets and wonderful surprises. All of it.

Heck! I am obsessed with that in real life. :drinking1:laughing:

I’m looking forward to tomorrows episode but I really don’t think we need a backstory of Miguel that goes back to his childhood. That, to me, would be a waste of an episode. A thorough history of him and Rebecca getting together? Absolutely! Finding out what his parents were like? Not needed.

Ok, I just had a very weird time online for a few minutes.

I was scrolling Tik Tok and came across a video of someone lip syncing a scene from the movie Addicted to love. In the scene and man and a woman are…enjoying themselves..loudly. I had never heard of that movie so I Googled it.

I was reading info on it and came across the cast and saw that Griffin Dunne was in it. Hey! That names familiar…isn’t he on This Is Us?

Which led me to Googling him and coming across his Wiki. It’s Nicky! I wasn’t familiar with him before TIU so I was reading and saw that he was in the movie that still scares the bejeebus out of me to this day…An American Werewolf in London. I was going to Google to see who he played but then stopped myself. I can’t even look at pictures from the movie; it traumatized me that much. Why we were allowed to watch it at a sleepover at the age of seven or eight is beyond me, but that’s beside the point.

All this to say, or ask, was he the guy who turned into the werewolf or the guy who was attacked at the start of the movie or was he someone else?

I wonder what my life would be like in an alternate reality where I didn’t watch that movie 🤔

Ok, I just had a very weird time online for a few minutes.

I was scrolling Tik Tok and came across a video of someone lip syncing a scene from the movie Addicted to love. In the scene and man and a woman are…enjoying themselves..loudly. I had never heard of that movie so I Googled it.

I was reading info on it and came across the cast and saw that Griffin Dunne was in it. Hey! That names familiar…isn’t he on This Is Us?

Which led me to Googling him and coming across his Wiki. It’s Nicky! I wasn’t familiar with him before TIU so I was reading and saw that he was in the movie that still scares the bejeebus out of me to this day…An American Werewolf in London. I was going to Google to see who he played but then stopped myself. I can’t even look at pictures from the movie; it traumatized me that much. Why we were allowed to watch it at a sleepover at the age of seven or eight is beyond me, but that’s beside the point.

All this to say, or ask, was he the guy who turned into the werewolf or the guy who was attacked at the start of the movie or was he someone else?

I wonder what my life would be like in an alternate reality where I didn’t watch that movie 🤔
I looked it up for you. I don't remember the movie much (I was in middle school, so less traumatized). All I remember is being grossed out as David turns into the werewolf. He played Jack, the guy that was attacked at the start of the movie and as an "undead" person visits David who turns into a werewolf.

I’m looking forward to tomorrows episode but I really don’t think we need a backstory of Miguel that goes back to his childhood. That, to me, would be a waste of an episode. A thorough history of him and Rebecca getting together? Absolutely! Finding out what his parents were like? Not needed.
I completely agree. They showed Miguel as a kid in the preview, but I hope those scenes don’t take up a ton of the episode. I assume Miguel’s childhood will influence later moments of his life, but yes, let’s focus on how he ended up with Rebecca and how that relationship evolved.

Completely agree. Especially when they chose to basically fast forward through the end of Kate and Toby's marriage and then Kate getting to the point of marrying Phillip.

I looked it up for you. I don't remember the movie much (I was in middle school, so less traumatized). All I remember is being grossed out as David turns into the werewolf. He played Jack, the guy that was attacked at the start of the movie and as an "undead" person visits David who turns into a werewolf.

Thank you! The scene where the guy first turns fully into a werewolf (I think he’s in his apartment) terrifies me the most. He’s such a creepy werewolf. I prefer Lupin, thank you very much lol

I’m a blubbering mess right now. I seriously don’t know if I can make it through the last episodes. Watching the way he took care of her reminded me of how my mom took care of my dad the last few years of his life.

Someone please hand me some tissues. 😭

I’m a blubbering mess right now. I seriously don’t know if I can make it through the last episodes. Watching the way he took care of her reminded me of how my mom took care of my dad the last few years of his life.

Same here. I cried and cried. Not just for his devotion to Rebecca but his journey. No one in the Pearson family ever bothered to ask him about it other than Rebecca.

So, Pennsylvania is a right to die state. The second to last episode, the one that made Mandy Moore vomit, must be Rebecca's death whether naturally or possibly through this other means. Kate has to make the final decision. She calls Toby to get his opinion. That explains Toby dumbfounded lying in bed. Going to be tough few episodes one way or another.

So, Pennsylvania is a right to die state. The second to last episode, the one that made Mandy Moore vomit, must be Rebecca's death whether naturally or possibly through this other means. Kate has to make the final decision. She calls Toby to get his opinion. That explains Toby dumbfounded lying in bed. Going to be tough few episodes one way or another.
If this is where they are going? I have no desire to watch. It would make me vomit too.

Last edited:

I am William level ugly crying. I was neither here nor there on him as a character, but wow, will I miss him.

You guys, there are only two episodes left. I don’t remember ever feel so sad about a show ending. I also can’t remember another tv show that has made me feel as deeply as this one does.

This guarantees that the last two episodes are going to be heartbreakers.

Last edited:
I am William level ugly crying. I was neither here nor there on him as a character, but wow, will I miss him.

You guys, there are only two episodes left. I don’t ever feel so sad about a show ending. I also can’t remember another tv show that has made me feel as deeply as this one does.

This guarantees that the last two episodes are going to be heartbreakers.
3 episodes left!! May 10, May 17 and the finale on May 24....so lots more tears to shed I think 😭😭 I had the tissues on the coffee table, ready to go tonight. I have to be honest, I wasn't sure I was really going to enjoy a lot of this episode but I found myself hanging on every word. Tears streaming down my face during the last few minutes.

3 episodes left!! May 10, May 17 and the finale on May 24....so lots more tears to shed I think 😭😭 I had the tissues on the coffee table, ready to go tonight. I have to be honest, I wasn't sure I was really going to enjoy a lot of this episode but I found myself hanging on every word. Tears streaming down my face during the last few minutes.

I was like you, even said as much in a post a few above yours. This episode felt like it passed in about 15 minutes.

And you are correct, there are still three episodes. But, I was on IMDb trying to find the name of the Billy Joel song from the end of the episode, and I saw that the finale is actual two parts so penultimate next week, then finale part one the week after and the conclusion the week after that.

Does anyone know the name of the song? I think listening to the lyrics is what actually started the waterworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter