This is Us- Season six

We don’t know that on the day of her 2nd wedding Kate was unaware of Sophie’s marital status. Kate apologized to Sophie for not supporting her during the separation after her own marital implosion. It would be understandable that Kate and Sophie renewed and strengthened their relationship in their 40s. Rebecca did not come up with “Kevin isn’t ready” after dementia on Kate’s wedding night. All the Pearsons—including Sophie and Beth—have been waiting for Kevin to grow up for 25 years. Though she wanted her best friend and brother back together, it wasn’t Kate‘s place to tell Kevin that Sophie was single.

In all the Kate/Phillip wedding scenes, Madison has been happy. Before book club, Madison was never happy. She was anxious, obsessed with food, post partum stressed, daddy issues, etc. Once Madison and Elijah are established, she begins to find and love herself in a way she never could with Kevin. Madison was a joy to watch at Kate’s engagement party and wedding.

It seemed to me that the security detail quips at wedding between Randall and Kevin were tongue in cheek. It has been a while, and I don’t remember if we see Randall and Tess in the car together driving from city to new cabin. Annie and Deja do not have security with them (nor did Beth at dance academy), so Randall is definitely not in a senior enough position to require family protection. I do think production may be playing a little loose with time lapse since senatorial terms are 6 years long. Though it seemed the PA senator was retiring imminently, perhaps he was in year 3 or 4 of his final term when he approached Randall.

Rebecca’s death bed fast forward is several years before adult Jack performed with his wife/girlfriend, Kate/Phillip and Toby/woman (likely coffeeshop lady) in attendance. Randall’s girls are 12-15 years older than Jack. Deja is a smart girl. It is unlikely she would be mid to late 30s and pregnant with her 1st child on her 1st day of residency. She is probably 25-28 which meshes with the twins being tweens. Jack is definitely an adult when he meets his wife, sells out concert venues and lives in Malibu or similar.
It's a good thing someone is paying attention, because clearly I am not. Thanks for the breakdown of events.

We love picking apart the show at work on Wednesday mornings and I appreciate the discussions we've been able to have about the intertwining relationships between the characters.
This reminded me of standing around at work and talking about the tv show Dallas way back when.
I also thought it was stupid that Kevin was addressing his valentines in class--don't you do that at home? I always did, and it's not as if he had an inattentive mother who forgot, or other reason why he couldn't do valentines at home.
I thought it was funny. He was going to give each girl the same valentine, that is until Sophie walked into the room.

Ok, so I just caught up on thread. I didn’t even think to look for new season thread until the last few days. I was also out of country for a bit, so I have been catching up on episodes.

Sorry to bog the thread down with a minor plot detail, but it is very realistic that a Philadelphia city council member could be elected to the US Senate as a next step with PA state party support. Philly area candidates have a distinct population advantage in statewide elections. While there are exceptions, Philadelphia/Eastern PA candidates often defeat those from Pittsburgh/Western PA in head to head matchups. I only lived in SWPA for 5 years, but Phillycentrism is a HUGE point of contention with Yinzers (Pittsburghers) in both sports and politics. I am also a bit of an election theory nerd, so I don’t want to bore people with tldr:)

So I'm rewatching the last two episodes in "night-before" then "day-of" order, just to see what I'll catch...

It's definitely fun seeing Madison and Beth's clue scenes knowing the real story!

When Milo is playing Kevin (in the wedding day episode, when we briefly see him from Rebecca's POV in the hotel room) and he says "I just had a rough night last night" I initially thought he was covering up discomfort to play along with Rebecca, but now we know he actually did have a rough night. That scene was already really well done, and now there's even more to it.

And then the part right after that, where Kevin and Rebecca take a walk and then run into Sophie - soooo much deeper, now!

I think Franny (Kevin's little girl) totally realizes her dad is in love with Sophie.

Additional (unrelated to the mystery) thoughts:

Mandy Moore is a--mazing! She actually carries herself differently when Rebecca is aware of the present/her own age vs. when she drifts into the past.

I loved Randall's speech about the Buffalo Bills Super Bowl apparel, and forgot to say so when posted before.

I can only take Kevin's the Princess Bride voice (ma-widge) so many times before I have to fast-forward. 😆

I love that Kevin and Madison are able to make their co-parenting work and stay good friends, I actually really like Kate and Phillip as a couple, and Beth is still my favorite character (..."You dance.")

Everyone crying during Rebecca's song...just 😭😭😭.

One last thing - Why does Kevin still have the valentine? Did he never actually give it to her? Did he somehow get it back when they were together?

Alright I’m finally on to make my comments about Tuesdays episode lol

1) This May be the first time minus some flashbacks towards the end that we were pretty much in one timeline this season

2) WHERE IS THIS VENUE ITS GORGEOUS

3) Why did Kevin rent essentially Jay Gatsby’s car for Kate and Philip lol

4) I knew Arielle the wedding singer was not gonna be the one he ended up with the but the transitional one who helped him

5) HELL YES CASSIDY! Finally someone setting boundaries plain and simple in national tv! Plus I agree they are way better as friends.

6) I knew regardless of if he would end up with Sophie or not that her marriage to grant wasn’t gonna last

7) I apparently missed this but thanks to tv line for mentioning it: Arielle mentions something about the manny Debbie series finale to Kevin, which makes sense as to why he says his print ads go towards the twins college funds

8) I loved that he kept the valentine. Very much like Leonard always holding on to the ring in the Big Bang theory

9) I do love that it was Rebecca-albeit in her deteriorating state-that helped Sophie make her decision. I do think they both liked each other and missed each other

10) Anyone else wondering how Randall was gonna tie that whole speech to Kevin up lol

11) I liked that this episode was a mix of a transition episode and a happy episode. While it’s not totally realistic, I feel like we needed a jolt of happiness

12) I really want s’mores since I saw those bonfires

Next week. I’m not prepared. I have a feeling that the last we will see of Miguel. I’m so happy Jon Huerta is getting his episode as it was supposed to happen last year but was one of the ones cut and shifted around when the pandemic shortened the season.

4 more left y’all….4 more

To me it makes sense that maybe they are gathering for Kate's funeral because of the scene with Toby in the bed all depressed when Randall called him. From the flash forward to the bar scene when Little Jack sang, Toby and Kate were both in a good place in their lives and co-existing nicely. So the bed scene with Toby where he's depressed and shaken wouldn't make sense. idk. I'm overthinking again.
Kevin's twins are 10/11 in the flashforward, which checks out in terms of ages of Deja, Tess and Annie

I think I am an outlier. I don't care about this show in the way of figuring out the mystery of what's going to happen when in the chronology, how little pieces hinted about fit into a future picture, or any of that stuff. At least in this thread, I can see that I am definitely in the minority, though.

I love it for the acting moments, the frequently really good writing, about how authentic different story lines are and how they move me--about the message that life is full of contradictions, high points, low blows and how we are all trying to hang together through the tough times and embrace happiness when and where we encounter it. I like to take each episode and watch it unfold--almost always with a lot of interesting and ironic and touching or recognizable moments from real life interactions.

I will miss it a lot when it is done, but I am not thinking about clues and puzzle pieces. I will miss the characters and their humanity--which is probably why it is easy to talk about these folks as if they are real people rather than fictional creations.

It is interesting to see the many reasons people are drawn to this show.

I think I am an outlier. I don't care about this show in the way of figuring out the mystery of what's going to happen when in the chronology, how little pieces hinted about fit into a future picture, or any of that stuff. At least in this thread, I can see that I am definitely in the minority, though.

I love it for the acting moments, the frequently really good writing, about how authentic different story lines are and how they move me--about the message that life is full of contradictions, high points, low blows and how we are all trying to hang together through the tough times and embrace happiness when and where we encounter it. I like to take each episode and watch it unfold--almost always with a lot of interesting and ironic and touching or recognizable moments from real life interactions.

I will miss it a lot when it is done, but I am not thinking about clues and puzzle pieces. I will miss the characters and their humanity--which is probably why it is easy to talk about these folks as if they are real people rather than fictional creations.

It is interesting to see the many reasons people are drawn to this show.
Me too!

So I'm rewatching the last two episodes in "night-before" then "day-of" order, just to see what I'll catch...

It's definitely fun seeing Madison and Beth's clue scenes knowing the real story!

When Milo is playing Kevin (in the wedding day episode, when we briefly see him from Rebecca's POV in the hotel room) and he says "I just had a rough night last night" I initially thought he was covering up discomfort to play along with Rebecca, but now we know he actually did have a rough night. That scene was already really well done, and now there's even more to it.

And then the part right after that, where Kevin and Rebecca take a walk and then run into Sophie - soooo much deeper, now!

I think Franny (Kevin's little girl) totally realizes her dad is in love with Sophie.

Additional (unrelated to the mystery) thoughts:

Mandy Moore is a--mazing! She actually carries herself differently when Rebecca is aware of the present/her own age vs. when she drifts into the past.

I loved Randall's speech about the Buffalo Bills Super Bowl apparel, and forgot to say so when posted before.

I can only take Kevin's the Princess Bride voice (ma-widge) so many times before I have to fast-forward. 😆

I love that Kevin and Madison are able to make their co-parenting work and stay good friends, I actually really like Kate and Phillip as a couple, and Beth is still my favorite character (..."You dance.")

Everyone crying during Rebecca's song...just 😭😭😭.

I loooove Kevin but can’t stand the ma-widge talk.

Alright I’m finally on to make my comments about Tuesdays episode lol

1) This May be the first time minus some flashbacks towards the end that we were pretty much in one timeline this season

2) WHERE IS THIS VENUE ITS GORGEOUS

3) Why did Kevin rent essentially Jay Gatsby’s car for Kate and Philip lol

4) I knew Arielle the wedding singer was not gonna be the one he ended up with the but the transitional one who helped him

5) HELL YES CASSIDY! Finally someone setting boundaries plain and simple in national tv! Plus I agree they are way better as friends.

6) I knew regardless of if he would end up with Sophie or not that her marriage to grant wasn’t gonna last

7) I apparently missed this but thanks to tv line for mentioning it: Arielle mentions something about the manny Debbie series finale to Kevin, which makes sense as to why he says his print ads go towards the twins college funds

8) I loved that he kept the valentine. Very much like Leonard always holding on to the ring in the Big Bang theory

9) I do love that it was Rebecca-albeit in her deteriorating state-that helped Sophie make her decision. I do think they both liked each other and missed each other

10) Anyone else wondering how Randall was gonna tie that whole speech to Kevin up lol

11) I liked that this episode was a mix of a transition episode and a happy episode. While it’s not totally realistic, I feel like we needed a jolt of happiness

12) I really want s’mores since I saw those bonfires

Next week. I’m not prepared. I have a feeling that the last we will see of Miguel. I’m so happy Jon Huerta is getting his episode as it was supposed to happen last year but was one of the ones cut and shifted around when the pandemic shortened the season.

4 more left y’all….4 more

When I saw the car my first thought was, there’s no way Kate is getting in that car, never mind Kate in a wedding dress.

I will say, this season has brought me back to liking the series again. I am actually bummed there are only 4 episodes left.

I agree, this last episode could have been answered in last weeks somehow. We didn't need another Kevin episode again. Although, his acting in this was spectacular. And he is very easy on the eyes. ;)

I have never been a Sophie fan, but of the 3 I was glad it was her. I would have been irritated if it was the wedding singer. Just no.

Oh Miguel. Finally getting your episode and I am afraid at what is going to transpire. When he was yelling at Randall last week my heart just sunk for the guy. All he wanted was an hour to escape. Escape and feel free. If you have cared for a loved one you know how absolutely taxing it is. When he went off I was happy he spoke up. He has never been heard. I do think the Big 3 have grown to love him, but I think they don't realize how wonderful this man is. I can't wait to see a show dedicated to the guy that was always overlooked.

Nicky in the hallway! OMG I rewound it because I was laughing so hard I missed a few lines. :laughing:

And since I was on vacation I had to read the last 3 episodes of talk on here. Someone was mentioning missing the kids from pre teen I think? Me too! I really liked all of them, but especially this young Randall. I loved every scene he was in!

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.19.57 PM.png

I will say, this season has brought me back to liking the series again. I am actually bummed there are only 4 episodes left.

I agree, this last episode could have been answered in last weeks somehow. We didn't need another Kevin episode again. Although, his acting in this was spectacular. And he is very easy on the eyes. ;)

I have never been a Sophie fan, but of the 3 I was glad it was her. I would have been irritated if it was the wedding singer. Just no.

Oh Miguel. Finally getting your episode and I am afraid at what is going to transpire. When he was yelling at Randall last week my heart just sunk for the guy. All he wanted was an hour to escape. Escape and feel free. If you have cared for a loved one you know how absolutely taxing it is. When he went off I was happy he spoke up. He has never been heard. I do think the Big 3 have grown to love him, but I think they don't realize how wonderful this man is. I can't wait to see a show dedicated to the guy that was always overlooked.

Nicky in the hallway! OMG I rewound it because I was laughing so hard I missed a few lines. :laughing:

And since I was on vacation I had to read the last 3 episodes of talk on here. Someone was mentioning missing the kids from pre teen I think? Me too! I really liked all of them, but especially this young Randall. I loved every scene he was in!

View attachment 665610
That was me! And I love the pre-teen Randall actor too! He always does such a great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter