This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back also from 7 nights at the YC (August 17-24).... we had the BEST Disney trip YET! It was unbelievable!!!! We got an upgrade from standard to concierge (Regatta club!!!) It was our first ever upgrade in 8 trips to the YC/BC!!!!!! We also got 2 other dreams at the Animal Kingdom
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1561203 (I tell about it in that link :) )

We spent a lot of time at the resort as we always do... love Stormalong Bay! It's impossible to get our girls out of that pool!!!! My 7 yr old celebrated her bday there a week late and we had the most magical time....

We too loved Teena!!! She's awesome! :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2:

DD loved to trade pins with Art :)

I really LOVED the chicken flatbread sandwich at Hurricane Hanna's.... ordered it 2 different days... Yummo! :thumbsup2

Our server @ Cape May Cafe (I'm blanking on her name) was soooo sweet :love:

At some point when I'm done with laundry and finished school shopping for my DD's, I'll write my trip report hopefully! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sounds great! Congrats to all those that just came back from great trips!

Mind if I ask if you had any room requests or special events (like your daughter's b-day) noted on your reservation? I'm always curious to hear if those that are recipients of such great upgrades had specified anything on room requests, or if they just left it up to the Disney Fairies. Thanks! :goodvibes

Did you all know that Lilo and Stitch are in the lobby at the Beach Club now every day from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM? They aren't there for autographs ... they are there to just play with the kids. They were playing hide and seek and other games. It was very very entertaining!! Stitch actually had some "adults" up playing too.

Did you all know that Lilo and Stitch are in the lobby at the Beach Club now every day from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM? They aren't there for autographs ... they are there to just play with the kids. They were playing hide and seek and other games. It was very very entertaining!! Stitch actually had some "adults" up playing too.

I did not know this so thank you! This may give my DD a chance to interact with characters w/o a lot of others around to scare her off.:woohoo:

wow...jmsadams, you surely injected some much needed TLC and excitement to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone else you has just returned!!!

So , I leave in 2 days(OMG) does anyone who wont be there for awhile need any info or other pics while I am there...will do my best! We can take turns being a "YC/BC On the Spot Reporter" to assist other Yachters/Beachers planning!
Just within the last few days I have learned lots here!! Lilo and Stitch in the lobby...what fun!
oh...there are GREAT pics of SAB etc on a DVC forum...DVC ers post pics....its a sticky at the top of on of their threads!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback on my other mini reports.:goodvibes

I think between all of us, we can spruce up this thread. LOL! Although...I almost hesitate because then EVERYONE will want to come here and it will be too crowded. LOL!

Anyway...we were upgraded to club level at check in. We were greeted from ME with the news that we were the Beach Club Family of the Day!:cool1: And later, we found out about the room upgrade. I don't want to downplay how excited we were, because BELIEVE me, we were EXCITED:banana:. But I hate making it a big deal about it on a board like this because it can't happen for everyone...and I don't want others to feel unhappy over their vacations. You know?

I am able to make a mini report of the lounge and I took pictures. The lounge is not huge. You walk in and there are tables on the left side. The right side is divided with the children's area closest to the entrance and the kitchen farthest from the entrance. Here's the lounge as seen from the kitchen:
100_2756.jpg

The flat panel tv generally is tuned to news or sports. No HGTV for me.:sad1: :laughing:

Here's the lounge as seen from the children's area
100_2755.jpg

I do believe that there is a very shallow balcony out those patio doors, but I don't recall if there were a couple chairs out there or not. I would think there would have to be...but it was too hot to think of not sitting in a/c!

Here's the children's area
100_2754.jpg

Ahhh. I see that I did not get such a great shop of the little table and chairs that are there. The chairs are child sized rattan patio furniture type chairs. Really cute. Child height table. This tv was generally showing the Disney Channel. That door is the door to the kitchen. That green cloth napkin covered wheeled tray is where you leave your dirty dishes when you are finished.

Here's the kitchen
100_2752.jpg

No, not too big. It could get crowded here and in the dining area...especially at the key times of day, which I will get into shortly.

Here's the drink bar
100_2753.jpg

Notice the trays on the bottom shelf for help in carrying your selections back to your room, or wherever. The sodas were well stocked. It may look like a small offering but they replenished it A LOT. I am not a soda drinker, but I noticed that it was NEVER empty or lacking choice. Iced tea and lemonade were also always available. At breakfast, there was also orange, apple, and cranberry juice, skim milk, and whole milk. Hot water and coffee were always available, as was the little hot beverage machine which made lattes, mochas, hot chocolate. Not bad. Not Starbucks, but not bad. One single big bottle of Evian and Perrier were also always available. There were no little bottles of water to grab.

Breakfast offerings:
bagels, croissants, light cream cheese, regular cream cheese, butter, peanut butter, strawberry jam, grape jelly (little packets of all of these), whole apple, whole orange, whole banana, fruit loop type cereal, rice crispy type cereal, raisin bran type cereal, cut honeydew, cut watermelon, cut canteloupe, mini blueberry muffins, banana bread, Krispy Kreme donuts (glazed, chocolate glazed with sprinkles, and jam filled).

The one time we were around for late morning/early lunchish time (on check out day), the lounge was closed at that time.

Afternoon snack offerings:
mini pretzels, cheddar flavored goldfish crackers, mixed nuts, same whole fruit, bags of white cheddar flavored popcorn, chocolate pudding, and maybe cookies (chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal raisin).

Evening offerings would vary each day. They actually have a schedule and a menu. At 5:00 pm the evening offering began. Could be crowded. I know what they had for 3 days.

Sunday: RIBS!!! (Yes, they were GOOD!), clam chowder (IT was good), black olive hummus (kalamata olives), onion dip, pita bread triangles, garlic bread, veggie platter, and cheese platter with nice variety and red grapes.

Monday: Make your own Spinach Dip...you know the kind...hot cheesy, creamy, spinach dip...YUM!...they had tomatoes, raw red onions, and something else that you could stir into the dip, if you desired, chicken noodle soup, sun dried tomato hummus, pita bread, garlic bread, marinaded mozzerella balls, marinaded grape tomatoes, marinaded asparagus, cheese platter, olive platter.

Tuesday: Pasta primavera (penne pasta with tomato sauce and spring veggies), chicken noodle soup, sun dried tomato hummus, pita bread, garlic bread, marinaded mozzerella balls, marinaded grape tomatoes, marinaded asparagus, cheese platter, olive platter.

Evening drinks: Sometimes would vary, but generally, included Sam Adams Light, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Heinekin, Amstel Light, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, White Zin, and Syrah.

Late evening offerings begin at 8:00 pm. Dessert time! Small pastries on big platter, with a variety that included eclairs, mini mocha cakes, mini german chocolate cakes, a tube shaped thing (cannoli?), mini chocolate mousse tart, mini light brown colored mousse tart (peanut butter?), cookies (chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal raisin).

Oh! those crustables were offered all the time too.

Late evening drinks: bye bye beer, wine stayed, and after dinner drinks were added and varied and included Kahlua, Baileys, Grand Marnier, and Courvoissier.

It would get quite crowded here at breakfast time and 5 pm. Most other times, it was come and go. All the staff were excellent, cheerful, helpful, and totally pleasant.

Any questions?

That is amazing...and congrats!!!! I think most people are happy for others wjen they receive pixie dust:) But there are some who aren't...unfortunately. Most would have started a thread with this upgrade....thanks for sharing with us:)
Family of the Day...I actually read that somewhere here before! I am assuming the BC offerings are very similiar to YC if not the same..so thanks for that!
I cannot thank you enough for all the photos and info.....we need to perhaps somehow keep track of all the new info here...the photos...etc...the beginning of this thread is nearly prehistoric! lol

I really do need to start packing.....:)

Love this thread. It is my new favorite being that one month from now me and my new wife will be honeymooning at BCV. One question I have is that I was wondering if anyone had honeymooning experiences at BCV. Do they do anything special for you knowing that it is your honeymoon? I made sure to mark it on every reservation I have made so far and everytime I call to add or subtract something, I make sure it is still noted. Thanks for your help.

Oh and if anyone has any great honeymoon reccomdations for that area, let me know that also!

Thanks,
Patrick.

jmsadams - How wonderful an upgrade for you!!!! I think I would have been in tears. Actually, I was back in 2003 when the YC upgraded our standard room to a patio water view room. It was simply surreal.

MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM YOU ARE ON YOUR HONEYMOON!!!!
Tell them before and when you get there. Yes they will do something. But you never know what. We have been surprised wth little things and big things when we have told them we are celebrating things.
When we were there last we were celebrating our Anniversary and we received and upgrade and baloons and a signed pic of the fab 5. So cute.
But don't expect an upgrade. It depends on how many people are at the resort etc.....
Have a great time!!!!

Great trip report! We got back from YC on Aug. 13. We must have been close to Tinkerbell--we overlooked the wedding gazebo and if we leaned out a little could see the BW and jellyrolls. Room #4150. I understood some of these rooms are standard view, as that is what we booked as well.
Loved YC. Passed the Poly for me. I will probably book it for spring break.
Robin M.

Don't get me wrong, we are in a one room villa that we are in love with, so I don't think we would take an upgrade if it was offered.
At every point along the way, I mentioned it was our honeymoon so far so I know it is in the notes. We are not even looking for much, just small things along the way that would make it even more special for us.
Your anniversary gifts sounded awesome though!

That is amazing...and congrats!!!! I think most people are happy for others wjen they receive pixie dust:) But there are some who aren't...unfortunately. Most would have started a thread with this upgrade....thanks for sharing with us:)
Family of the Day...I actually read that somewhere here before! I am assuming the BC offerings are very similiar to YC if not the same..so thanks for that!
I cannot thank you enough for all the photos and info.....we need to perhaps somehow keep track of all the new info here...the photos...etc...the beginning of this thread is nearly prehistoric! lol

I really do need to start packing.....:)

I agree! I wish we could somehow edit the beginning of the thread...

And you do need to start packing;) ...

jmsadams - How wonderful an upgrade for you!!!! I think I would have been in tears. Actually, I was back in 2003 when the YC upgraded our standard room to a patio water view room. It was simply surreal.

Not tears, more like permagrin:beach: :jumping1: :teeth:

If the OP is still around they can edit the first post. You can always start a new Yacht and Beach Club thread. Then we could lock the first thread. We can put the new sticky with the rest of the resort stickies.

I like this idea safetymom! It would sure help out new disers looking for up to date info:) I can gather up some written info etc...take addtl photos etc...just may need some help with getting it going...the OP posted a few weeks ago and said ..wow...lol...it needed updating or he couldnt believe it was still here.

So should we start a committee...."Anchor Down...The **NEW** YC/BC Resorts Info THread" ??? Any takers?
Well. count me in...but I have to go pack!! lol I print out our boarding passes at 6 30 am:)

I would love to see a new thread! I have some YC room photos that I could contribute.

Melissa

If the OP is still around they can edit the first post. You can always start a new Yacht and Beach Club thread. Then we could lock the first thread. We can put the new sticky with the rest of the resort stickies.

I like this idea. :) I would gladly volunteer, but I will not be there until December, therefore I might not be entering good information.

I am sure there is somebody would like to volunteer for the job. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter