"This is the Best Trip Ever!" An August PTR with lots of Pics! NEW 8/14

6. Water Park

Number 6 in our countdown pays tribute to the lesser visited "parks" in disney, the water parks!! There are a few obvious reasons why we love water parks! First, on a hot summer day, you are surrounded by water, water and more water!

Also, they are home to some of the most awesome water slides!! Take for instance this bad boy:

IMG_0152.jpg

And the theming of them is awesome! Typhoon Lagoon has this island/shipwrecked them while Blizzard Beach is a result of a freak FL snow storm!

IMG_0155.jpg

Look how empty it is in the morning!

IMG_0154.jpg

Of course they have water, and of course they have rides and slides but theres another big reason we love going to a water park: It means we are in Disney for a long time! We only have gone to water parks on our longer trips so we always associate them with long vacations!

We have been to both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach and we love both of them! And we are definitely returning to one of them this trip, you'll have to stick around to find out which one!

Unfortunately we are at DHS on the 29th and i think we're doing MK on the 30th but im not sure just yet....We may end up at MK EMH because Fantasmic ends fairly early and we need a place to eat dinner!

We could very easily end up at DHS on the 29th... my brother & sister are going to want to ride Tower of Terror & RnR as soon as possible. If yall end up at MK's EMH, you'll definitely have to let me know! :thumbsup2

I've been a lurker (just joined today!) and really enjoying this report! The Polynesian is a dream resort for me!

Welcome! :yay: thanks for reading, its a dream resort for us too, I can't wait to stay there!

We could very easily end up at DHS on the 29th... my brother & sister are going to want to ride Tower of Terror & RnR as soon as possible. If yall end up at MK's EMH, you'll definitely have to let me know! :thumbsup2

Okay awesome! Are you on Twitter? if not, as the trip gets closer i'll PM you my cell # in case we end up in the same place

Today is David's last day of HS, he graduates next tuesday!! So I'm off to find some surprise decorations for him, for when he comes home! In the meantime I thought I would post our Itinerary for our trip! Each day, between our morning park and dinner we will most likely take a break back at the Poly! Ther are so many things to do there that we want to check out. That awesome pool, renting a boat, the arcade at the contemporary etc! I'd really like some feedback on this, we are trying new restaurants and I'd like to see if anyone has eaten at them!

August 20-22nd - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

August 22nd
Morning Park: Arrive at Poly
Dinner: Boma
Evening Park: MK EMH

August 23rd
Morning Park: Epcot
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe
Evening Park: Epcot

August 24th
Morning Park: AK
Dinner: Downtown Disney (any suggestions??)
Evening Park: Night Off, Downtown Disney?

August 25th
Morning Park: Water Park
Dinner: 50s Primetime Cafe
Evening Park: DHS EMH

August 26th
Morning Park: Morning Off!
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Dinner: Yak & Yeti
Evening Park: AK/Epcot EMH

August 27th
Morning Park: Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Le Cellier
Evening Park: Epcot

August 28th
Morning Park: Hollywood Studios
Dinner: Kona Cafe
Evening Park: Night Off

August 29th
Morning Park: Epcot
Lunch/Dinner: Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package)
Evening Park: DHS

August 30th
Last Day! Choice Park!

Congratulations to David on graduating high school! YAAAAAAAAAY! :goodvibes

Your plans look great! I can't wait to hear how yall like the new Harry Potter section at Universal... I definitely want to check that out soon! :)

We're eating at a lot of the same restaurants, too! Whispering Canyon, 50's PT & Kona are some of my favorites! Absolutely delicious! We're doing Boma for the first time this trip.. yall have done that before right?

Congratulations to David on graduating high school! YAAAAAAAAAY! :goodvibes

Your plans look great! I can't wait to hear how yall like the new Harry Potter section at Universal... I definitely want to check that out soon! :)

We're eating at a lot of the same restaurants, too! Whispering Canyon, 50's PT & Kona are some of my favorites! Absolutely delicious! We're doing Boma for the first time this trip.. yall have done that before right?

We're excited over Harry Potter for sure!! I'm not sure i'll be updating this PTR anymore except for here and there (doesn't look like many are interested) but i'll PM you when the trip gets closer with my twitter name!

We're excited over Harry Potter for sure!! I'm not sure i'll be updating this PTR anymore except for here and there (doesn't look like many are interested) but i'll PM you when the trip gets closer with my twitter name!

Alright, sounds good! :)

It doesn't seem like many people are interested in this PTR so I'm gonna cut down on some of the postings. But I definitely still have so much to share and still want to post Trip related updates for those of you who have taken the time out to comment and chat with me :goodvibes

If I haven't mentioned before, one of the huge reasons for this extravagent trip is David's Graduation! Today was his last day of school and I wanted to surprise him by decorating the house.

We're gonna get more when he actually graduates on Tuesday!

So I got a balloon bouquet for the mailbox, a door poster that says "congrats grad" and here are the other decorations:

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

More later!

I love the decorations! I bet it was a nice little surprise for him when he got home from school! :)

Double digits already?!?! :banana: YAAAAAYY! That means we'll be in the double digits like next week! Not much longer until you're passing under that beautiful Disney arch! :goodvibes

I love the decorations! I bet it was a nice little surprise for him when he got home from school! :)

Double digits already?!?! :banana: YAAAAAYY! That means we'll be in the double digits like next week! Not much longer until you're passing under that beautiful Disney arch! :goodvibes

Yea he was really excited about the decorations! We are getting so close and yet we are still so far!! I can't wait any longer!! Lol

Yea he was really excited about the decorations! We are getting so close and yet we are still so far!! I can't wait any longer!! Lol

Oh man, tell me about it!! In all reality, it's not far at all... but waiting for a trip to Disney World feels like it takes foreverrrr to get here! Especially since I have those surprises up my sleeve - I feel like I'm going to burst at any second!

Oh man, tell me about it!! In all reality, it's not far at all... but waiting for a trip to Disney World feels like it takes foreverrrr to get here! Especially since I have those surprises up my sleeve - I feel like I'm going to burst at any second!

I need the time to save the money and to lose the weight but I am just so impatient!! Lol being in double digits definitely makes it easier though :rotfl: I know how you feel with the surprises, thats why you need a pre-trip! For our August 07 trip, I told david we were staying 4 nights at CSR when in reality we were staying 8 nights at AKL! I have his reaction on video, its actually one of our top 7 moments :) Hopefully i'll get the opportunity to share! It helped that I had a PTR to spill all the secrets :)

Just wanted to add my congratulations to to you, David. I haven't met you, but I know enough about you through Nicole's reports to know that you are a fine young man. I predict you'll do extraordinary things with your life. I know your family is very proud of you.

8 nights at the Polynesian?! Dude I am so jealous. Ahhh so exciting! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter