This happen to anybody else?

ohdisco

Excited!
So I booked my vacation today with my 40% off pin. According to the representative on the phone there's a seasonal price for the regular dining plan (46.99 a day) that they can't apply to vacation packages with the pin. I understood that, but what happened next I didn't understand.

I told her to see how much deluxe dining would be since with the regular dining plan it'd be 67 dollars a day per person and she said that it's 73 dollars a day for the deluxe dining plan.

My package total was 4783 with regular dining...and 4526 with deluxe dining. :woohoo:

Anybody else find that their package was CHEAPER getting deluxe dining? We're super excited though; we love going out to restaurants so this is a delicious treat for our honeymoon! The CM said it was Tinkerbell using her pixie dust to help Mickey wish us a happy honeymoon :laughing:

I have never heard of the DP being discounted. Hope nothing changes when you check in.:thumbsup2

That sounds odd. I'd inquire again, something seems wrong.

Sounds odd. Make sure they didn't change it to QSDP instead of DXDDP. You can't stack PINs with DP.

I thought the regular price for the regular DDP was about $39.99 a day per person any time of year when did that change and when did it become seasonal and $67 a day?

My package total was 4783 with regular dining...and 4526 with deluxe dining. :woohoo:

Anybody else find that their package was CHEAPER getting deluxe dining? We're super excited though; we love going out to restaurants so this is a delicious treat for our honeymoon! The CM said it was Tinkerbell using her pixie dust to help Mickey wish us a happy honeymoon :laughing:

Can't answer your question, but congtratulations - on getting a bargain AND on the upcoming wedding! :goodvibes

It's never $67 a night - in peak seasons it is $47 a night for adults.

And unless there was an issue with applying a discount to one of those quotes, something is wrong or something was left off. The deluxe dining plan does not cost less than the basic dining plan under any circumstances. Any savings you're seeing are not a result of the dining plan price. If I were you I'd call and make sure they didn't add the quick service plan, because that quote is just about right for the quick service plan.

I sure hope it's right. I would probably ring them just to make sure. Ask them to confirm exactly what you are getting in your package, just to be sure there is nothing left off. If everything is okay, it's a pretty cool wedding present!

I sure hope it's right. I would probably ring them just to make sure. Ask them to confirm exactly what you are getting in your package, just to be sure there is nothing left off. If everything is okay, it's a pretty cool wedding present!

I just called them, and everything I reserved was there, so...:woohoo:

I told her to see how much deluxe dining would be since with the regular dining plan it'd be 67 dollars a day per person

So you told the CM the dining was $67 pp per day? :confused3
I agree I don't recall reading that amount by any other Dis-er.

If I had to guess I would think the difference in price has nothing to do with the cost of dining. It has something to do with the cost of the room.
Other than certain peak seasons, the price of a dining plan remains consistent.

So you told the CM the dining was $67 pp per day? :confused3
I agree I don't recall reading that amount by any other Dis-er.

If I had to guess I would think the difference in price has nothing to do with the cost of dining. It has something to do with the cost of the room.
Other than certain peak seasons, the price of a dining plan remains consistent.

The CM gave me the ddp total for the trip and I just divided it by how many nights/people were going and got that number. She said it was 940ish (I don't remember exact amount) for the two of us on the regular DDP. I didn't understand either; when I was figuring out how much this trip was going to cost I just went onto the WDW site and made up a quote. I put dining plan on and then off to see the difference and it was only 657 dollars. She told me that when you book a regular package without a pin number you get a pin for dining to be 46.99, but with my pin number that pin could not be put on my reservation and I was given the actual dining price.

I called to see how much the regular DDP was again with my package and the CM told me it wasn't available with my package :-)confused:)

I don't understand why I always have issues whenever I make any kind of disney reservation (be it disney world or disneyland), haha.

Probably a discounted room rate. The dining plan itself is not discounted. The basic dining plan is $41.99 per night, $46.99 in peak seasons (your dates are in peak season). The deluxe dining plan is $71.99 per night (adult prices).

If you were not eligible for the room discount with the regular dining plan, but you were eligible for it with the deluxe plan, that's why the deluxe quote is less.

Probably a discounted room rate. The dining plan itself is not discounted. The basic dining plan is $41.99 per night, $46.99 in peak seasons (your dates are in peak season). The deluxe dining plan is $71.99 per night (adult prices).

If you were not eligible for the room discount with the regular dining plan, but you were eligible for it with the deluxe plan, that's why the deluxe quote is less.

My dates are in Regular season. The first CM told me I was eligible for regular dining plan, it was just 200 dollars more than the deluxe dining plan. The room was already discounted because of my 40% pin. The only difference in the packages was the dining plans and the deluxe dining plan was cheaper than the regular dining plan. My room discount is pretty high (1700 dollars off my room) so the difference would have to be much larger if your scenario was actually happening. I really don't know what is going on with it.

:confused3

Strange, but something along those lines happened to me today...

I had originally booked my vacation package for 3 night and 4 days...called to extend vacation package by one day. I had done the pricing online and was prepared for an additional $300ish (give or take a few dollars) and that didn't include the dlx dp...I was shocked when the quote was $200 less and nothing more for the dlx dp! I was SO shocked that I called WDW back to confirm that everything was there and the dlx dp was not removed....sure enough, it is all there! :confused3:cool1:

My dates are in Regular season. The first CM told me I was eligible for regular dining plan, it was just 200 dollars more than the deluxe dining plan. The room was already discounted because of my 40% pin. The only difference in the packages was the dining plans and the deluxe dining plan was cheaper than the regular dining plan. My room discount is pretty high (1700 dollars off my room) so the difference would have to be much larger if your scenario was actually happening. I really don't know what is going on with it.

:confused3

Your dates may be in regular season for room rates, but they are in peak season for the dining plan. Dining plan peak runs from June 4 to August 14. Believe me, there is no way the deluxe dining plan is ever cheaper than the regular dining plan. The savings are off some other component of your package, most likely the price of the room. They may have been able to find you a better discount than the PIN you had.

I'm curious about this. Would you mind giving details about your reservation. What hotel you are staying at, what dates, etc. Which pin code are you using?

Thanks

:Not sure if you are asking me for details...but here goes (to the best of my memory)...

Staying at Poly 4/18 to 4/22 (originally had till 4/21)...the original price was $1835 for the 4 days/3 nights, Dlx Dp and Park Hoppers for 4 days.

Adding the one day I had calculated (online & without the dlxdp..I thought) an approx. additional $300. I was shocked when the final price for 5 days, dlx dp and PH for four days (additional day is minimal cost)...came to 2172.00.

I should go back an re-calculate the pricing to see if I was actually calculating it correctly online.

I do want to mention that when I made my ressie I had stated that I wanted the discount offer (listed online at WDW) for the room discount but wanted to book it as a package. THe CM (Very nice) looked up the code to add it to the package. I can only wonder if it was a bigger discount for the 5 days instead of 4 days?

It just seemed lower than I had expected...:laughing:

I'm curious about this. Would you mind giving details about your reservation. What hotel you are staying at, what dates, etc. Which pin code are you using?

Thanks

I'm staying at the Grand Floridian from the 21st-28th (I need to change my siggie haha), theme park view room, with an 8 day park hopper pass, and deluxe dining. My pin code was one attached to my address, for 40% off deluxe resorts.

I actually re-calculated my ressie online and the pricing is the same as what I get. I think I must have done something wrong when I had originally calculated it. :laughing:

I'm kinda glad because I was a little worried! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter