• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This constant theme of “safety” at Disney is troublesome

Well, being a very busy place, it's definitely a challenge to ensure 99% cleanliness, and the custodial CMs can only do so much, but then again, in a post-COVID-19 pandemic environment, ensuring good sanitation is definitely going to be the biggest focus. But of course, the onus is going to be on the guest to ensure they do their own part to maintain good hygiene. Maybe they should learn from the Japanese to see how it's properly done, seeing as they're very obsessed with cleanliness.

I’ve gone to Disney at least 20 times since 1981. Not to mention Disneyland 5 times and a trip to Disney in Japan. I never got sick from any of the trips, nor my kids. We were exhausted after going from sun up to midnight but never made us sick.

I was sick on one trip for 2 days. Had to go to the nearby immediate care for diagnosis and some meds. I did have a fever. I had been going to the parks with a few people (I was solo) from the boards here for a few days and the dis person's mom was sick there. They were finished with their trip and went home, I came down with whatever she had the next day. It's just a matter of being around a lot of people in close quarters.

A bit off topic here....Any guess what Disney will be charging for the inevitable Disney face masks, both 'regular' ones as well as 'limited editions'?

:laughing: As I was typing this, I heard on the noon news on TV that they are already available for pre-order. I looked it up.

https://www.shopdisney.com/face-masks/
Importantly.....

Disney is donating one million cloth face masks for children and families in underserved and vulnerable communities across the U.S. that will be distributed by MedShare (www.medshare.org). Disney will also donate all profits from the sales in the U.S. of Disney’s cloth face masks to Medshare, up to $1 million, now through September 30, 2020.

When I first read this bottom part I read it quickly and instead of saying “children and families in underserved” I thought it said , “ children and families in undeserved and vulnerable”:rotfl2: I was thinking dang that’s harsh....who’s considered “undeserved!”

I’ve gone to Disney at least 20 times since 1981. Not to mention Disneyland 5 times and a trip to Disney in Japan. I never got sick from any of the trips, nor my kids. We were exhausted after going from sun up to midnight but never made us sick.

That's impressive! You guys must have really strong immune systems!

We're careful not to get sick before our trip. I'm always worried one of us will get sick and it'll mess up the trip. We've been fortunate not to pick things up in WDW. I only remember once DS getting sick shortly after a trip.

When this virus started I became more concerned about getting it while at WDW. I'd rather end up in my local ICU. At least I probably know some people there. Even if it's just a nasty cold, who wants to spend thousands of dollars to fever away in a resort room.

I’m not feeling safe about going to WDW this summer. That’s why I decided to cancel our 3 generations trip for late August/September. I just can’t take the risk with the health of my family and myself. No vacation is worth that. I actually mentioned on another message board this same thing yesterday and that I was going to use my common sense and stay clear of WDW this year and I was reprimanded and told that I needed to retract the words “common sense” or be suspended because it was rude and implied that people that WERE going this year had no common sense. Seriously? Apparently the administrator there has taken her position way too seriously and now dictates our every word. It’s a shame too because there’s a lot of nice people on it but if your opinions differ then she jumps in and closes the topic even though the discussions are casual and not rude or derogatory at all and nothing to do with politics either.

Last edited:

I’m not feeling safe about going to WDW this summer. That’s why I decided to cancel our 3 generations trip for late August/September. I just can’t take the risk with the health of my family and myself. No vacation is worth that. I actually mentioned on another message board this same thing yesterday and that I was going to use my common sense and stay clear of WDW this year and I was reprimanded and told that I needed to retract the words “common sense” or be suspended because it was rude and implied that people that WERE going this year had no common sense. Seriously? Apparently the administrator there has taken her position way too seriously and now dictates our every word. It’s a shame too because there’s a lot of nice people on it but if your opinions differ then she jumps in and closes the topic even though the discussions are casual and not rude or derogatory at all and nothing to do with politics either.

The government in my community has just announced there will be no large gatherings (I.e., festivals) this summer in our locale. Air Canada (a national airline) has just commented in the press that it thinks that by December we will be doing international travel. I think your common sense is sensible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter