THIS body will take me across the 2013 WDW Marathon finish line

dumbo_buddy

DIS Veteran
most journals start with a poster's desire to lose weight. well, i guess mine does too. 6 weeks after having a baby i'm ready to lose weight. but this time i'm going to do it differently. my body has done so much for me. letting the first thing i do be to complain about it holding on to an extra 25lbs right now is just silly. i'm going to lose weight and train for the WDW marathon in 2013 by respecting my body. my first task is to appreciate what this body HAS done for me:

i love this body.
it's the body that God gave me.

the one that was never that good at sports but tried really hard. it's the body that took a beating during college when i chose to put way too many different toxins into it and yet let me come out the other end without too much damage. it's the one that so easily will put on weight if i don't monitor it very closely.

this is the body that made me feel less than a woman when i went off birth control, gained 40 lbs in only 3 months, and stopped getting a period. it took me on a rollercoaster ride of physical and emotional pain when i found out i had PCOS and insulin resistance, went on a crazy strict diet to lose the weight, and then found out i'd need medical intervention to have a baby.

this is the body that worked on auto-pilot while my brain tried to deal with the pain of miscarriage. it's the body that i thought let me down. but it's also the body that finally conceived and carried a beautiful boy, even if it WAS with the help of pills and shots.

it took me from barely being able to run half a mile to completing a half marathon. this is the body that also tricked me - just when i thought it would be impossible to have a baby without help, it went and got itself pregnant...naturally!

i have a body that carried another little boy. i have a body that delivered practically on it's own without giving me a chance to get that epidural! this is the body that really misses sleep but also healed much more quickly than last time. my body provides the nourishment for my little boy.

i have a body that has done all this and more. who's better than me?

i'd love to have some followers to root me on for the next 12 months while i raise my two little boys, train for a marathon (with a couple half marathons thrown in there), and get back to a healthy weight.

welcome. :grouphug:

weight: 160.0
exercise: kickboxing class at 7pm
days til WDW marathon: 369
days til next WDW trip: 130

eek, woke up this morning with a few tweaks in my back. i must have slept (well, when i did in fact get any sleep) funny on it. john and i have been splitting the night shift with the baby each of us spends half the night in our bedroom and half in the guest room. probably doesn't make for very restful sleeps. i'm hoping the back works itself out by tonight because i'm scheduled to go to kickboxing. there's a class at one of the social clubs nearby - $5 a class. can't go wrong with that. before kids i used to go every week with my aunt. i started going back last wednesday (for step aerobics) and am looking forward to getting back to kickboxing. an hour to myself while DH watches the kiddies sounds nice to me! :)

i'm still a good 15 pounds from a healthy BMI weight and 25 lbs away from where i was at this time last year. i'll get there. journaling my food has been really good to keep me in check.

most importantly, the goal of finishing the marathon is what will motivate my weight loss. i went out for a run on saturday and sunday and couldn't make one mile without stopping to walk. what a big loss in fitness from just a few months ago! i could definitely feel the extra weight making it harder to move forward. still, i managed to move for 3 miles. for now, i'm ok with not being able to run the whole time. as long as i move for those miles, i'm on my way!

i'm rambling more than i'd like right now - while writing this post i made my toddler breakfast (ok, i opened up a granola bar for him), took a quick shower, plugged my 6 week old with his pacifier about 20 times and started making oatmeal. i promise to form more coherent thoughts sooner or later!

bottom line: need to lose more weight, need to get my back feeling better, and need to get to kickboxing tonight. oh and if time permits, need to make this journal a little more cozy - add some pictures, some background, and talk about mini goals!

Keep up the kickboxing and running! I'm too uncoordinated for kickboxing or any sport that involves a ball, which is why I stick to running and an occasional spin class. :lmao:

weight: 160.5 :confused:
exercise: 30 min walking (i hope)
days til WDW marathon: 365
days til next WDW trip: 126

ONE YEAR TIL THE MARATHON!!! i should remind myself to read this entry before the marathon.

woke up this morning still in the 160s. it is hard to feel respect and love for my body when it doesn't seem to want to cooperate with the scale. i've recently started back on a low dose of metformin to help with the insulin resistance that comes along with the PCOS. it's really not a therapeutic level and i'll have to move up to the full dose soon. in order to do that i need to go see my endocrinologist. do you know how hard it is to get downtown to a doctor's appointment with 2 kids? yeah. not easy. plus this doctor is about a million years old and loves to just sit and chat....for HOURS when he winds up doing nothing but writing me a prescription. wah.

i also still need to go to my 6 (now 7) week postpartum appointment. after the screaming and swearing and terrible way i carried on during little matthew's birth, i'm just not sure i can look that man in the face again. unmedicated births and i were NEVER supposed to meet! ah well, i'm going to suck it up and make the appointment.

the exercise is coming along slowly but surely. my fitness level is SO low now. on tuesday and wednesday i ran 2 miles. i used my new GPS watch (which, by the way, i have no idea how to use and could use some tips if anyone has any!) and i was only running a 13 min/mile! i might as well have walked it. i know i'll get faster but i need to drop weight to do that as well as get back strength and fitness. only thing that will make that happen is hard work and time.

wednesday night i went to a step aerobics class. i knew i'd be a little tired going after running that afternoon but i never expected to barely get through the class. the instructor even said how i looked really tired and exhausted. yikes!

so, yesterday (thursday) i didn't do much of anything. well, except binge eat on wheat thins. and then i wonder why i have weight issues!

today's a new day and i'm thinking about rounding up the boys in the double stroller and heading out for a walk. it's a blustery day but the fresh air might do us all some good. i just have to get the energy to get up off the couch.

one year. one year from now i'll be someplace on the course of the marathon. what an exciting thought!

weight: 160.0
workout: ran 2.2 miles (aka ran to CVS and back)
days til WDW marathon: too lazy to look it up right now
days til next WDW trip: see above

as you can see my weight has gone absolutely nowhere. i'm so frustrated by all the effort i'm putting in not getting me any results. ok, yeah, i promised i would make this journal a celebration of my body but maaaaaan is this body making me mad! having PCOS and insulin resistance is extremely frustrating when the weight just won't budge. on the plus side, i was able to get into my doctor and refill my metformin presecription. combined with diet and exercise, metformin does seem to help me along by regulating my hormones and allowing my body to do what it needs to do to lose.

my running has been very slow going. i ran to CVS to pick up my prescription today. i thought about running some more after but my toe has been bothering me and i don't want to push it. i am positive that it's just due to my sneakers. i'm going to the running store to be fit with a new pair of sneakers this weekend. i'm really excited - the ones i have now were great up until i got caught in a downpour at disney and wound up having to put them in the dryer in order to use them the next day. what a mistake that was! i think they wound up shrinking a little. add the fact that i ran with them during my pregnancy and i'm pretty sure my feet are now bigger and well, they just don't fit.

Nancy keep pushing on-you are doing great.I have a hard time in the 160s too-plateau,plateau .plateau-it does get frustrating.You just have to stick with it.

Linda

weight: 158.5 (ok, we're moving in the right direction at least)
days til WDW marathon: 348
days til next WDW vacation: 109
exercise: kickboxing class tonight!

i need to get back to appreciating my body. we all spend too much time angry with ourselves and our bodies. and yet, i'm pissed at the ole bod once again. last year during my princes half training i had a foot injury that i don't think i ever treated properly. it seemed to get better though once i was fitted for some better shoes. every once in a while the side of my foot hurts a little but nothing like last year. and now, a year later, i seem to be dealing with a different foot injury. at first i thought it was my toe and it was because my shoes were too small and had way too many miles on them. i was fitted on saturday for a new pair. moved up a size to 7.5 but got the same kind (nike volero). they feel wonderful!!!

i went for my first run with them yesterday and it was like running on air. well, running on air but still holding up an extra 20+ lbs! still, they felt better. i managed 4 miles which is my farthest distance since the baby was born. the problem is for the last mile or so my foot was really hurting. it's not the baby toe like i thought, it's actually just under the toe and really the foot that hurts. it hurts to touch it. shoot.

i'm calling a sports medicine foot doctor today. i went to him last time and he's pretty good. last time he really listened and tried to get me back to running as soon as possible. i need that this time too. hopefully he can get me in as soon as possible.

my weight is moving a little. i'm still basically losing and gaining the same 2 lbs but i'm back on my metformin and logging my food so hopefully that will result in a loss.

my goal now is to be 145 by our trip in may. that means i HAVE to lose 1lb a week. it sounds easy but i think we all know it's not! i think a disney trip (hello pictures!) is a great motivator to get the weight off though. 145 really isn't my ultimate goal as i'm only 5'4" but it is the highest number allowed that puts me back in the below 25 BMI level.

i had hopes of doing a half marathon the week before disney (may 6th). but this foot thing is really making me wonder if it's possible. my goal is the WDW marathon so i will let the doctor know that and hopefully we can work out a plan that will get me there!

thank you friends, for reading this. i'm still a jumble of thoughts as i begin this journal but hopefully i'll become more structured as things improve and my training continues.

weight: 156.5 (good bye 160s, i will NOT be seeing you again!)
exercise: ran 5 miles. 12 min/mile pace
days til WDW marathon: 342
days til next WDW trip: 103

i'm actually copying and pasting this from something i wrote on another area of the DIS. it felt very journal-y when i wrote it so i thought i'd share on here.

my toe problem is apparently just a bruise! the dr. fit me with some supersoles (i think that's what it's called) insert thingies for my shoes. those seemed to help my feet the last time. i had an injury in nov. '10 and once he put those in my feet i felt better. so...great news! and yet part of me is thinking....great, now what's my excuse. if i had a broken toe or something then maybe i'd have an excuse to be this big. is that sick or what? i'm just having so many disappointing mornings getting on the scale. i'm back up to the weight i was last week which then puts me off the mark for my 1lb/week weight loss. yes, i'm nursing. yes, i just had a kid. but no, i can't wear ANYTHING. not even my "fat" jeans. being back where i was a couple years ago and KNOWING just how hard it was and how long it took to lose is so flipping depressing i sometimes feel like i can't breathe. it takes time. i know. but that doesn't mean i should be at a freaking standstiill all the time. hearing the doctor tell me how carrying an extra 20lbs is the equivalent of 75+lbs extra added pressure for my feet made me want to vomit. hmm, i think i might copy/paste that to my wish journal. i want to remember this feeling AFTER i lose the weight to remind me not to regain it again.

ok so that's what i said the other day. not too much has changed from that. i have lost a couple pounds from then which is a HUGE PLUS! but my foot still is killing me. the inserts gave me a massive blister on the arch of my left foot. and my stupid toe/foot "bruise" is killing me. i think i need to go back to the doctor because this just isn't right. i've been icing it all day and it still hurts. wah.

i ran 5 miles today! that's my longest since the baby was born. i was slow and ran a 12 min/mile but it felt like a pretty decent pace and when i finished i felt ok (except for the foot of course).

my body is going to work. it's going to get me across the marathon finish line. it may be a tough journey but thinking about that medal makes me want to work hard!

weight: 147.0
exercise: resting today
days til WDW marathon: 309
days til next WDW trip: 70

life sure has been alot busier now with two little kiddos in the house!

i was hoping to do a half marathon in may before our next disney trip but it looks like that's not going to happen. after my last training run on tuesday, my knee was really hurting. i iced it, took advil, stretched, and googled. it seems as though i have that dreaded ITBS that i'm hoping will be short-lived. i took wednesday off (step aerobics class) and just walked for 30 min yesterday. the knee feels so much better but i don't want to push my training and further injure myself. i think i'm going to stick to 4-5 miles for a little while before ramping up anymore. i can run a half marathon another time! the most important thing is to keep these knees feeling good so i can finish that marathon in january!

i've been doing pretty good with getting closer to my weight goal. i'm still about 12 lbs away but that's a heck of alot better than where i started!

hopefully i'll get in a little running tomorrow. our house is under alot of stress right now and the anxiety and panic attacks that come along with the stress are soooo unwelcome. exercise always seems to lift my spirits, no matter what's going on so i will do my best to get out and get moving tomorrow.

if you could say a quick little prayer for our family, i'd appreciate it! things all happen for a reason...i just wish i could see that now!

I love your positivity! My body hasn't done all those things yet...but I'm training for the 2013 marathon as well! You can do it! Can't wait to read more.

Reading your posts. Great job! I hope to see you at the marathon! I'm a single mom with twin girls. I understand how difficult it is fitting everything in.:thumbsup2

i hate that i haven't updated this journal. is there anything more annoying than starting to read a journal and then almost immediately reading "omg i haven't posted in sooooo long" LAME!

weight: 142 :cool1: getting there!
next trip is in 28ish days! :thumbsup2
wdw marathon is in 280ish days:scared1:

i've been really working hard at the weight loss. ok, yeah fine, i've had alot of oopsies (cadbury cream eggs, hello!) but for the most part my hard work has paid off. i was hoping to be 145 by the time the baby was baptized and we went to disney. i'm at 142 and we're baptizing him on saturday so i'm thrilled.

running is going well! i've decided not to go for a half marathon in may. it's just too much too soon and i don't want to risk injury. i ran a 4 mile race in central park yesterday and it was great. i felt really strong for most of it and finished strong too! my friend who is waaaaay fast was there at the end cheering for me so that was so cool! i definitely kicked it up a notch and ran 10:15 pace. my training runs have been about 11:15 pace. i'm doing a 10k on may 12th, also in central park.

i've decided that the park is a faboo place to do some running. TONS of other runners there and great people watching while you work it out. as the training for the full goes on, i see myself going downtown for the long runs. a loop of the park is 6 miles so i could do that a couple times for the long runs.

i was so proud of my body yesterday. as i ran i just let it all in. i actually appreciated that i was booking it. i let myself enjoy the fact that i'd worked hard and i deserved to be in that race. i felt proud that i was the only one of my group of friends (8 of us that ran) who had a kid and that it's not even 5 months since i gave birth. go me.

i need to repeat these feelings in my head when i look in the mirror and see rolls, dimples, and stretch marks. they are what make me, me!

aerobics tonight. we've been working in some weights during the two classes a week i take and it's great. i never finish a workout thinking, man, i wish i had stayed home :)

Reading your posts. Great job! I hope to see you at the marathon! I'm a single mom with twin girls. I understand how difficult it is fitting everything in.:thumbsup2

you go mama! i will probably be going back to work soon ( :sad1: ) so i will really have to dedicate myself to a healthy lifestyle and not drop off the running bandwagon because i'm "tired".

how far into CT are you? my parents live in ridgefield and i have friends around there that do some races in the park. come do one with me! a great way to get into training for our disney races!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter