This board stinks, bring back FtWilderness guy

My thoughts are with you. I don't know if I should say this here or not but, I want you to know that I have suffered with major depression and have had to take meds for it. My latest doc says it is a form of bipolar disorder (I think that's a popular diagnosis right now) but I was lucky enough to have enough treatment early in my life that I have learned to live with my situation.

My point is I have a family, a good full-time job, in fact my husband stays home with the DD's and I am the bread winner but I'm 39 and it has taken a lot of hard work on my part and a very supportive family to keep me there. I have to make myself go to work some days too. But, it's always better once I get there. I am sorry she was in a lousy work environment. I was too before my current job and it really does make a huge difference in how you feel day to day.

It can be really hard to find the right balance of meds and then, once she starts feeling better because the meds are working, it's hard to keep taking them, because you think you're fine - and you are because the meds are working but you have to keep taking them regularly. That has been my challange because I really resent having to take meds to feel normal.

I share this info because I want you to know I feel for you and to let you know that your daughter does have hope of a full life. I hope I'm not out of line here.:hug:

Jim-

I know your DD won't see it this way, but from the sounds of it, she doesn't need to be in that kind of an environment. It could do her way more damage than good.

I know you think fast on your feet and will be successful in helping your DD find a new career. To her credit, she does have something to put on a resume regarding previous job experience. Keeping her focused will be the hardest part right now. Hit every available job search website & call the unemployment office to prepare to get her set up for unemployment checks and for them to assist her in job placement. That's part of what you pay taxes for!

You're in my prayers. Now go do your part & make a batch of Kungaloosh!!

for lack of a better term....what a crappy situation for your daughter. i agree that perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. bad management and co-workers isn't good for anybody much less someone with a mental disability. my thoughs are with her and your family that you and she can take this in stride and move on to greener pastures.

- lori

I'm sorry for your family's situation, but she has a great family support system which will help in getting that job that makes life easier, not harder and a stumbling block. Hopefully it'll get better soon. :)

My GOD...who's she working for...the Sopranos???? Geez....what a story!!!

I work with alot of girls whove been diagnosed with bi-polar....its exhausting to have a conversation with them at times.....but most of the time, Id never have even known if they hadnt told me. I assume that their are different levels of how it hits some people. Either that or some of the ones I knows LEAST problem is their bi-polar condition!!
Jim...you strike me as the kind of guy who has a gut-instinct on how to make the best of a situation...although I have to assume being that kind of guy must put alot of pressure on you...like you'r holding the weight of the world on your shoulders and your back is starting to cramp.....my condolences to you. I hope things get better soon, so (selfishly) we can have ya back here making us laugh everyday....its all about our enterainment, isnt it?? ;)

Good luck to you and your family.

Jim My Mom was bi polar and I suspect my daughter may be as well but we can't get her to go into a clinic to be checked. It'd a hard thing to deal with for sure but with the right meds and good support they can do well! I'm so glad she is willing to let you help her! I wish my daughter would!!!! A job with another animal hospital sounds like a great job for a person who is bi polar...My Mom adored animals and so does my daughter...keep up the encouragement!!!

My thoughts are with you. I don't know if I should say this here or not but, I want you to know that I have suffered with major depression and have had to take meds for it. My latest doc says it is a form of bipolar disorder (I think that's a popular diagnosis right now) but I was lucky enough to have enough treatment early in my life that I have learned to live with my situation.

My point is I have a family, a good full-time job, in fact my husband stays home with the DD's and I am the bread winner but I'm 39 and it has taken a lot of hard work on my part and a very supportive family to keep me there. I have to make myself go to work some days too. But, it's always better once I get there. I am sorry she was in a lousy work environment. I was too before my current job and it really does make a huge difference in how you feel day to day.

It can be really hard to find the right balance of meds and then, once she starts feeling better because the meds are working, it's hard to keep taking them, because you think you're fine - and you are because the meds are working but you have to keep taking them regularly. That has been my challange because I really resent having to take meds to feel normal.

I share this info because I want you to know I feel for you and to let you know that your daughter does have hope of a full life. I hope I'm not out of line here.:hug:

Whenever you have something like this going on in your family, your story is words of comfort, it gives others hope and you should be glad you posted this ! :hug:

Sorry, guys.

A couple of years ago my daughter was diagnosed with adult bipolar disorder, after many years of struggling to get the correct diagnosis. Finally we got the right combination of medication for her so that she could lead as normal a life as possible. She managed to get a job, which wasn't a great job but allowed her to be productive and contribute to society. If any of you have ever dealt with someone with bipolar, you realize what a struggle day to day life is for them. So just getting her to go to work some days is a major operation, but she is okay once she gets there. Anyway, after about 10 months at her place of employment, it looks like the corruption and politics of the place are coming to the surface, and she is going to suffer for it. We are not sure what the consequences of her being laid off will be. I have been suspicious of some of the business practices in the past, but never had anything firm to base my suspicions on. Suffice it to say the owners are involved sexually with the office manager who it appears is embezzling. Recently, one of the silent partners in the business was arrested for murder. This guy is a veterinarian and several years ago was in trouble for, of all things, animal cruelty. The business is an animal hospital, and my daughter works in the kennel there. We were hit with most of this stuff over the last couple of days after my daughter was told by the infamous office manager her hours were being cut in half so that they could hire a friend of the manager's, which was being done because it was "good for the company." So FWGirl and I have our work cut out for us over the next few days - trying to encourage FWDaughter and help her understand that all business is not this way and she needs to keep trying to find her niche.

Hey Jim I have a cousin that struggles with this and it is very very tough all the best to you and your family and hopefully you can help your daughter work through this and understand that this is not the norm in the working world.

Life can be a struggle at times. Just remember when you are given lemons to make lemonaide. Wishing for better times for your family.

Hope it all works out for your family. Don't forget to have a kunguloosh (did I spell that right:confused3 ) I have a friend that is bipolar so I can understand. But with it being your daughter I know it has to be harder. Here is some happy thoughts :grouphug:

Whenever you have something like this going on in your family, your story is words of comfort, it gives others hope and you should be glad you posted this ! :hug:

Thanks Terri, I was hoping I worded this in a way that may be helpful to Jim.

Jim, I hope all goes well for you and your family over the next few days/weeks. That sounds like a really tough situation, but it seems like you have what it takes as a family to get to a better place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter