This ADR system is extremely frustrating-is this really the BEST WDW can offer?

khanna

Mouseketeer
I know I will probably get blasted but I am so frustrated right now with this ADR system. I have been online since 7am, on the app, and the phone trying to get the BOG lunch. Nothing. Not for 11 people in our party, not even for 2 people. I am looking at WEEKS at a time. I have called, the CM contacted guest services, told me it is all booked up for our entire week. I shared with her my frustration. I told her that I don't see HOW it is booked when it has been open for 4 hours and it has been "down" half that time. She agreed but cannot do anything to help me. I love to go to WDW but it is really not worth this frustration just to eat at a certain place. This is pitiful customer service. Thanks for listening.

Wanna talk frustrating? Today is my 180-day mark. I've been at it since 6am trying to make reservations - NONE OF WHICH ARE BOG!!! which we have no interest in - however, this BOG nonsense has apparently caused the whole system to go down. Likely from a combination of A) their pitiful IT department and B) the the crazed masses trying to make an ADR for a counter service lunch :confused3.

Your right MCD, that is Frustrating. I am sorry and hopefully it will get fixed ASAP and you can get all the meals you want. This is just a pitiful situation. I would be EMBARRASSED if I were a CM right now.

It gets better now ...trying to call, after numerous busy signals I finally get through. I wait on hold for 15 minutes and the it transfers me to the end of call survey and disconnects me.

One reason there may not be any reservations left is because the system was acting up. Lots of people actually made reservations without realizing they were successful, so they tried again (and again, and again). I made 3 reservations for the same time, and someone else said they ended up with 23! The last time I checked, it wouldn't let me cancel the reservations I don't need because the system was down. Now, I plan to hold onto my reservations for a few days to see if anyone here on the DIS wants to try and arrange a time to snag them after I cancel. Keep trying. I'm sure people with extra reservations will be canceling them. Also try checking the cancellation boards for your month to see if you can set something up with someone. Good luck! I know this is very frustrating for everyone. :badpc:

Fianlly got through to a CM on the dining line and made some reservations. However, some of the times I got were well off from what I was looking for - and were showing up as available earlier this morning. I do wonder if all the system problems were causing times to disappear even though they may or may not have actually been booked up. If and when they get this straightened out, we'll see if more times become available again.

I started at 6am and according to the system every lunch time for my 10 day trip from June 1-10 was booked ????

I agree Metz--something isn't right. Every day I check is booked--even for 2 people. I have never had a time pop up for any day I check. In any month. That just cannot be so.

I was online and saw all the days and times I wanted, I have a "glitch" on MDE..... It asked to to keep/cancel my existing ADR I click cancel and proceed to book BoG...error ..
While my existing adr was in fact canceled I couldn't book BoG or anything else for that matter.
I called, Dining Reservation CM confirms it is in fact canceled but it is still showing under MDE -> forwarded to tech support, they can see but not fix it -> forwarded to "backend"? -> forwarded to "Systems" :confused:

I still can't book anything without calling... so if I'm lucky and even spot a BoG I won't be able to book it..:sad:

Yes, doublesix, this is crazy. They should not roll something out if it isn't ready. I understand problems happen, but with WDW ADR, problems seem to happen much too frequently than one would expect. They need some serious IT help.

It's apparent that the ADR system was slammed by BOG diners and could not handle the volume. I was trying to get a table for one at exactly the 180-day mark (odd coincidence there); that day plus any day close to that was showing nothing for lunch or dinner. I knew that could not possibly be the case, so I tried again just now (about 12:30 pm EST), and was able to grab 11:00 am on August 24. Still, as numerous frustrated posters have already observed, it's too bad WDW did not plan ahead for this by boosting their system capacity accordingly.

I doubt highly that anyone here will blast you! Disney IT is a joke. I have spent hours today trying to get this lunch reservation (with nothing to show for it!) and the way it all went down was maddening. Sadly, this is not the first time I have spent hours of my life trying to work around Disney's IT glitches and problems. Disney can do better; it's really an embarrassment.

I'm one of those that inadvertently booked 3 lunch ADRs for BOG this morning, for the same day. Every time I tried to book online, the reservation wouldn't show up, so I thought it didn't book, so I did it again. When they finally showed up hours later on MDE, I tried to cancel two of them, and it wouldn't let me! I was finally able to cancel the two I didn't need, after going back to it later this afternoon. What a cluster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter