• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of selling, who do you suggest?

MommaluvsDis

DIS Veteran
We've used The Timeshare Store for both buying and selling and we're very pleased but their commission feels a little steep.

Who did you use and were you happy?

A lot of the major brokers are now offering commission discounts to compete for business. Some of the new(er) players in the BIZ...and even Fidelity. I'd go with the one charging the least amount.

Maybe another consideration in picking a broker is whether they have you sign an exclusivity contract with them for x number of months. Last time I checked, which about 2 years ago, Fidelity had that. Other brokers might not, meaning you might actually be able to list at more than one, although I'm not sure of the specific, or you could pull your listing from the first broker and relist it with another if you aren't satisfied with the first after a while.

I might be wrong, and if I am I'm sure those with more knowledge will jump in and correct me.

You may want to consider that Fidelity charges the buyer a $195 fee in addition to the commision they charge the seller. As a buyer I deducted that fee from the max price I was willing to offer the seller. Since it was a smallish contract in brought my offer down a couple of bucks a point.

I would continue to use the Timeshare Store! Talk to them maybe they will reduce their commission a point or two!

I originally purchased our contracts through the Timeshare Store. Sold one of the add-ons last year through them and am going to sell off our existing contract and downsize and purchase again at a different resort through them. Both the buying and selling went flawlessly and am anticipating the upcoming transactions will go the same.

We just used DVC Resale Market to sell our BCV and BLT contracts and I was very impressed! Sold both for asking price within 2 days. Apparently they are former DVC guides, so very professional and knowledgeable.

I actually just put in an offer with their firm as well. They seem pretty professional. I believe the run that disney dvc resale site that lists every seller out there and the breakdown on prices. I cant remember the address for that site but its pretty neat. I haven't used it in about a year.

Based on this post, I checked out their website and made an offer. Within 15 minutes of the submission, I had a counter offer. WOW! A made another counter and the whole transaction was finished about 6 hours from submitting my first offer.

I was surprised how fast it went!

Congrats! I listed something Sunday and had an acceptable offer by lunch on Monday. So easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter