• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of going beginning of December

Buffalo2Disney

Should we be HYSTERICAL?
My wife and I are trying to plan a quick Monday-Friday trip the first week of December. We already went once this year in May but want to go back again to see the X-Mas decorations.

I have never gone before this late in the calendar year. We have gone in May, September, October, and Early November before. Just trying to get an idea of what this time of the year is like.

Our tentative dates would have us leave on Monday November 30 (The Monday after Thanksgiving) and return Friday December 4.

Thanks! :santa:

Lower crowds than the last full week in Nov.
Much lower crowds than last week in Dec.

Christmas decor and events will be in full-on mode.

We went during that same time frame in 2013. The crowds were really low- much like late January and early February. There was also a freak heat wave- make sure to pack a couple pairs of shorts just in case. We are Floridians and used to changable weather unprepared for almost 90 degree temps in Decemeber:-) I think it was also our first trip where there wasn't a single day of rain.

We went that exact week last year (Tues to Sat). It's started off with low crowds in the beginning of the week, but there was a noticeable increase each day as the week went on, and by Friday and Sat, substantial crowds. It wasn't wall to wall people, but it was enough that you had better have a plan of action.

We had rain Tuesday (our Xmas party was rained out), and then it was sunny the rest of the week. We did have a passing shower every afternoon, so learned to keep a poncho on us at all times. All of the decorations are up and the festivities are in full swing. The only downside to the week was that we didn't get the longer hours that the later December weeks get, so found ourselves back at the resort earlier than we're used to during the nights.

You will LOVE IT! SO FESTIVE!:cheer2: Had been to WDW several times, but we went to WDW 1st week of Dec. of '14 for the first during the Holiday season. It was AWESOME! Don't miss Candlelight Processional at Epcot and Osborne Lights at HS; the highlight of our trip!:santa:

I go every year during that week to celebrate my birthday. I'm going to be there the same days you are, but over the weekend as well. I've never found it to be really crowded and the decorations are wonderful. As a PP said, the hours are shorter, but I found it to be rather nice to have some evening downtime.

DH and I will be there that week! Check the weather before you leave to see what you should pack(and then pack some "just in case the forecast changes" stuff too!). I've worn winter coat, gloves and hat during this time, but I've also been in shorts and tried resort pools. It varies greatly, sometimes even in the same week. It's a great time to see decorations. Osborne Lights is my favorite! Try to plan some time to see a few of the resort displays--GF, BC... I agree with PPs that it is kind of nice having the evening downtime. Let us know what you decide and if you have other questions!

Awesome time to go and see all the Christmas decorations! We head in just a few days after that and love how the crowd levels aren't too bad. Agree with a PP about packing for all types of weather.

Great time to go. In my mind, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is the best show Disney does in the parks...period. Pretty sure the list of narrators just came out a couple of days ago, so you can look to see who might be doing it while you're there (but it really doesn't matter). Might want to book a dinner package for it, just to ensure a better seat. The holidays-around-the-world is also very interesting, along with Osborne Lights and just doing some resort-hopping to see the decorations. Might also do the Christmas party one of the nights in the MK...totally different parade, snow on Main Street and some other unique shows, etc. Sounds like you have been to WDW enough other times that taking some time to see these other things would make for a totally different experience, which is always nice to have.

GREAT time to go, just don't expect "empty" parks and no lines...RD is still you best friend. I have been there during that time last 3 years. Headliners were 50-60 minute waits at noon.

Still it IS a SUPER time to go! All the Christmas stuff is up and going!!! Be sure to check out Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach club decorations and Grand Floridian.

My wife and I are trying to plan a quick Monday-Friday trip the first week of December. We already went once this year in May but want to go back again to see the X-Mas decorations.

I have never gone before this late in the calendar year. We have gone in May, September, October, and Early November before. Just trying to get an idea of what this time of the year is like.

Our tentative dates would have us leave on Monday November 30 (The Monday after Thanksgiving) and return Friday December 4.

Thanks! :santa:

I go this time every year. Can be cooler but lower crowds

Does anyone know when Pop Warner is this year? We will be there 12/13-12/20. TIA

Not only cooler but down right cold last year. A few of the evenings I was wishing I had a hat, gloves and a scarf. Decorations are nice but we will be trying October next time.

Our family's favorite time to go is 1st week of Dec. Relatively low crowds, beautiful decor and pleasant temps. Have fun!!

Oh, and definitely bring long sleeve, sweatshirts or light jackets for the evening.

DVC owners figured out how great this week is a long time ago. so if you were hoping to rent DVC points, be aware that everything has long been booked up.

but do check out the candlelight processional and epcot storytellers, and check out a few resorts (GF, WL, BWI, AKL) to see all the decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter