Thinking of buying... question on having 2 contracts

Anais

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I am researching before making a decision to buy DVC points.
One of the questions I have and that I can't seem to find the answer to is this one:
- If I buy 2 contracts let's say one at OKW and one at AK. The AK one is an august and the OKW a November one. If I want to use all my points and want to book on the 11-month mark, can I use all of my points for a booking at the AK resort or do I have to book what I can with my AK points than wait for the 7-month mark to book the rest of my trip with the OKW November points for my AK trip?
Sorry English is not my first language I don't know if I made sense.
Maybe this way would be simpler :
Can I book at a 11-month mark at one of my home resorts using all my points from 2 different home resort contracts with different month use year?

Hi everyone,

I am researching before making a decision to buy DVC points.
One of the questions I have and that I can't seem to find the answer to is this one:
- If I buy 2 contracts let's say one at OKW and one at AK. The AK one is an august and the OKW a November one. If I want to use all my points and want to book on the 11-month mark, can I use all of my points for a booking at the AK resort or do I have to book what I can with my AK points than wait for the 7-month mark to book the rest of my trip with the OKW November points for my AK trip?
Sorry English is not my first language I don't know if I made sense.
Maybe this way would be simpler :
Can I book at a 11-month mark at one of my home resorts using all my points from 2 different home resort contracts with different month use year?

Points never change home resort so they can not be combine until 7 months for a stay at the other or any home resort.

OKW good at OKW during home resort time and AKV good at AKV during home resort time.

The bigger issue is that if you buy two UYs, it is two different memberships, with different numbers and it’s like being two different owners.

The only way to combine for a single trip at 7 months is to transfer between memberships which have rules in terms of which points can, etc. Without transfer, you book some nights on one and some on the other and ask MS to link.

If the plan is to book together for trips, stick with one UY. And there is no November UY. The UYs are Feb, March, Apr, June, Aug, Sept, Oct and Dec.

Ok, thank you. I needed to have that info in order to decide to buy at one or 2 resorts.

No you can only use the points at 11 months at the resort you own. You would have to wait to book at 7 month to use OKW points for a stay at AKL. Try to keep the same use year it’s much easier especially if you take long trips to WDW. If you do weekend getaways it’s not such a big deal to have two UY because you don’t use all your points in one booking. Two use years complicates booking larger stays as you have to make two separate reservations or transfer points into the other use year which is allowed only once per year

Different UY is a different member number, so it’s like a while different person doing the booking.

Point transfers are possible but limited, and the points stay what they were, even when transferred, so they keep their UY, home resort, and year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter