• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of Buying DVC - How hard to get Resv?

bluedoggy

Mouseketeer
Considering buying DVC - how hard is it to get a resv confirmed at your requested resort?
We usually travel in off times ( May, Sept, Oct) never at Holidays. Just wondering with all the DVC owners out there if they may be "over-sold". I like to plan way ahead Any info would be appreciated.

Sorry - I didn't check to see what board I was on -
please move this to DVC Vacation Board....

First of all, you might want to post this question on the Vacation Club Forum. Secondly, I've not ever had any problems at my home resort but at the other resorts, since you're limited to a seven month booking window, that may be a problem. Also, if you want something limited in number like the grand villas you'll need to call daily at the 11 month window as those generally go quickly. If you plan ahead, you should be fine at your home resort.

Since you like to plan ahead, you shouldn't have any problem getting reservations at your home resort. In my limited experience, I have yet to experience any trouble getting a reservation at BWV 11 months ahead - even when I want to go at the more popular times.

IMHO, May and September are not hard to get at any of the DVC resorts, even at 7 months. Exceptions to that would be any GV or any standard view at BWV. October does seem to be more popular than May or September, but as long as you can plan 10-11 months ahead, I would be surprised to hear that you encountered a problem.

Just as an FYI, the DVC resorts are not "oversold". DVC does not sell more points than can be used. However, the flexibility (you are not locked in to a particular week) does mean that some people may not get their first choice of dates. Reservations are first come, first served, based on availability. DVC works best for those who can plan ahead, but if a person is flexible with dates and choice of resort, it can work very well for short notice vacations too.

Like Carol said, it can't be over sold since there are a finite number of points available for each unit per year. Busy times might be a little harder to get if you don't book at the 11 month home resort window, but you should not have any trouble.

We have had no real problems. We booked our trip 11 months in advance, then 9 months out, we wanted to change it and the BWV were booked. So I booked over at the VWL and went on a wait list. Wait list came through at 7 months in.

Also, we got stranded in Dinsney last winter for 2 more days due
to a snow storm in Boston. The BWV were sold out, but we got
2 nights at the OKW. It was great! I had fears we would have to check in at the All Star Resort!!! (No No, not that!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter