Thinking of adding a park day (Is Hollywood Studios worth it)?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
On my last full day at Disney I was going to just make it a resort day. However I was able to grab a lunch reservation at 50's Primetime Cafe for 11/30.

Is it even worth it to spend money to go to that park? I mean is there enough things to do there to justify it?

I considered doing MK instead but it happens to be the day there is a cast member party and the MK closes at 4:00 pm that day.

My son will be 9 and has been to HS once. On that trip he did Great Movie Ride (now closed) and the Toy Sotry Mania ride. He was too young at the time for Twilight Zone and Rockin Roller Coaster. Thinking maybe he can do those now since he loves 7DMT.

We went to Disney World this past May with our then 8 year old. She turned 9 two months later. She loved Hollywood Studios. The Rock and roller coaster and Hollywood Tower Terror are two of her favorite rides. We rode both 5 or 6 times. She loved the Star Wars stuff too. She got a kick out if taking pictures with the Star Wars characters and the lines werent too bad. There are storm troopers every where. She an my husband rode the Star Wars ride twice and we did the Toy Story ride. You could always make it a half day and then hang out at the resort for the last half of the day. 50s Prime Time cafe is really fun too.

I don't know how many ticket days you have but after Day 5 adding another day costs about $20 and yes Hollywood Studios is worth it in my opinion. My favorite rides are there and the theming and shows are something we greatly enjoy. I also like 50's Prime Time. I would not hesitate to add an extra day to include a visit.

Well we always spend 2 full days at Hollywood ( my favorite park and I make my daughter mad by calling it MGM). If your son is into Star Wars there is easily enough there to keep him occupied.

On my last full day at Disney I was going to just make it a resort day. However I was able to grab a lunch reservation at 50's Primetime Cafe for 11/30.

Is it even worth it to spend money to go to that park? I mean is there enough things to do there to justify it?

I considered doing MK instead but it happens to be the day there is a cast member party and the MK closes at 4:00 pm that day.

My son will be 9 and has been to HS once. On that trip he did Great Movie Ride (now closed) and the Toy Sotry Mania ride. He was too young at the time for Twilight Zone and Rockin Roller Coaster. Thinking maybe he can do those now since he loves 7DMT.
I say yes if you have the ticket and no other reasons to visit any other park. We love ToT, and Toy Story and if your son is a star wars fan, he will enjoy the attractions. If you want a fun place to eat, check out sci fi dine in if you can get an ADR there. Our girls loved it, ages 8 & 10. Yes half the park is closed but it's still a fun visit and if you do shows, you can really make it a full day if you do everything.

My son has insisted that we start our first and last day of an upcoming trip at HS.... primarily for ToT, RnR and Star Tours . (We have hoppers) We are also looking forward to SWaGS....a friend raved about it.

We are big Star Wars fans, so this park is worth it for that alone. My kids (my son is 10, daughter is 15) love TSM, ToT, Star Tours and the classic Muppets. We also do Sci-Fi for lunch because it's campy fun. But we usually only spend a half day there. Until the new Lands are finished, the park doesn't have much more to offer.

This trip I have only a 2 day park ticket. (no hoppers). And the special event ticket to MVMCP. So adding another park day would make it a 3 day park ticket vs a 2 day.

I never buy park hoppers as I find enough stuff to do all day at 1 park.

Absolutely. I can't believe I'm writing this but DHS is so underrated nowadays. So much fun to be had especially with a 9 year old. And if he even just a little bit likes Star Wars, it's a no brainer

This trip I have only a 2 day park ticket. (no hoppers). And the special event ticket to MVMCP. So adding another park day would make it a 3 day park ticket vs a 2 day.

I never buy park hoppers as I find enough stuff to do all day at 1 park.
If you’re not in to star wars then probably not because you’re basically paying full price. My DD is 9, and even though she loves the mine train she would not like Tower or rockin. We tried everest last time and it was hot mess when she got off. However we are major star wars geeks and spend a lot of our day doing that stuff and shopping as well.

To me its absolutely worth it.
To many apparently its not.
You have to decide for yourself.
Look at the attractions and see what you'd do.
If you don't think its worth it then don't go.
BTW just because your DS love 7DMT may not mean he'll adore RNRC and TOT. There is a HUUUUGGGGEEEE gap in the tiny thrills of 7DMT and the thrill seeker thrills of RNRC and TOT.

I wouldn't do it. We did HS in half a day and left after lunch. We had PH so we went to Epcot after, but I would feel like my day was wasted if we didn't have the option to go somewhere else. I like a day to sit at our resort, swim, and relax.

Wow, when I was 9 I would have killed to ride rides like RnRc and ToT. Heck, I'm 59 and can't wait to go to DHS. Only 32 more days!!!

Agreed. My group, including three boys, has always considered DHS their favorite park. They can do RnR and ToT endlessly and I love TSMM and the shows. I’m always puzzled by people who want to skip this park, but to each their own.

I agree with checking out what is there and deciding. My boys love DHS. They like the thrill rides ToT and RnRC, but as someone earlier said they are more intense than 7DMT.

We love TSM, Beauty and the Beast show, Star Tours, Launch Bay, Muppets, Sci-Fi Drive In, and if you go later in the day, Fantasmic.

We usually go later in the morning on the day we plan on sleeping in.

Have fun and good luck with your decision.

When they were younger, my DSs also enjoyed the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. We haven't seen it for several years, but we are debating about seeing it on our upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter