Thinking about taking Taxis around WDW

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
instead of having to take two buses in some situations like visiting a resort from the resort I will be staying at. I figure it would save a lot of time!

We have done this. For instance, the fare between the Poly and either CBR or PO-FQ is right around $10, plus tip.

I will be doing this again next month. The Dolphin Resort to MK is probably one of the best ways to spend $13 at Disney! LOL!

Jodi - we noticed taxis waiting outside Epcot and MGM right by the bus stands. They were probably at the other parks too.

Originally posted by lorilori
I will be doing this again next month. The Dolphin Resort to MK is probably one of the best ways to spend $13 at Disney! LOL!

Why would you do this? The Taxi's drop off and pick up at the TTC, which would require taking the Monorail or Ferry to the MK. The bus drops you off right at the turnstiles, saving you time. (and money)

Actually the taxi saved us a LOT of time. Last time we took the bus from the Dolphin it picked up at the Dolphin first and then stopped at all the other Boardwalk area resorts. It took well over 45 minutes to get to MK with way too many people and strollers (ours included) jammed in. We had the taxi drop us off right at the Contemporary and just walked over. I don't know if the Dolphin bus always picks up at the other resorts, but last October it certainly did. We did, however, take the bus BACK to the Dolphin since it was the first stop.

As someone who drove that particular route as recently as a few hours ago, I can assure you it doesn't take 45 minutes. Going Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk to MK... I did it today in about 25... and that's including the gate at the Boardwalk that wouldn't go up.

I have taken the bus from the Epcot resorts to the Magic Kingdom and I agree that 25 minutes is absolutely the longest ride. Most times we made it in less than that. Very easy trip with great drivers!

We have only felt the need to use a cab once in 5 extended trips. That was on our last trip we wanted to get from Epcot after Illuminations to DTD. The were no busses that ran directly from the parks to DTD. Had we had the time we would have taken the bus to a resort and then switched to a DTD bus, but it was getting late and we had some serious shopping to do.

Getting from one resort to another is easy.
I could never imagine the need to take a cab to any of the Parks. The bus is sometimes an attraction in itself!

Chip n Dale express... a question for you... has anything changed in the last year reguarding the bus service to DTD? Can I get there from any of the parks(after park closing) or do I need to get my resort and take the bus from there? Hope to see you in a few weeks!:jester:

Originally posted by Ti2gerrr
Chip n Dale express... a question for you... has anything changed in the last year reguarding the bus service to DTD? Can I get there from any of the parks(after park closing) or do I need to get my resort and take the bus from there? Hope to see you in a few weeks!:jester:

The ONLY park that has a DTD bus is the Studios. From 3pm-closing, they have a ONE WAY bus to Pleasure Island ONLY. The only reason they have this bus is because of the Sports Complex bus...

From MK or Epcot... my recommendation would be to go to Old Key West, and catch the DTD bus from there. The reason for this is that OKW isn't far from MK and Epcot, it's close to DTD, and it's never busy.

There are generally two situations where I take a cab at WDW. First is when I have early am spa appointments at the GF spa. I'm not going to get up an extra 30-45 mintues early to play teh "can I get the bus/monorail connectiosn to work just right" game. It's just easier to take a cab (hint--have them take you to the wedding chapel, it's right next door to the spa, if you actually go to the GF main entrance it's another 5 minute walk to the spa!)

The other time is when DH and I are going to dinner at another resort. When i'm all dressed up for dinner at Citricos I'm not going to screw around trying to jump from resort to park to resort. I'd rather just take a cab and not have to leave an extra 30-45 minute cushion. Time is money! Otherwise it's WDW transit for me!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter