Thinking about purchasing DVC through resale

MGoertz

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about purchasing dvc membership through resale and was wondering if I could
purchase less than the 150 minimum and purchase 100 points initially then add on the remaining 50
at a later time. If yes, could I use the 100 or would I have to wait until I bought the remaining 50?

DVC will not sell less than 150 and tend to buy back at less than 150 for someone who is not already a member. I've heard of 2 resales go through for less than 150 to someone not already a member and a couple of additional to someone that was a member but didn't own the use year of the small points package in question. It's worth a try, you have nothing to lose. Just remember that the closing costs can kill you on a small resale package and that you rarely can get a good price on a small package. You may be better off buying a full points package. Brokers are reluctant to do the work in this situation as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter