Thinking about going to DL, lots of questions

sl_underwood

DIS Veteran
My hubby will be going to the E3 convention next may in L.A. and the kids and I are considering going with him. I am looking into the city pass thing that offers five different parks for $199 per person. My main concerns are transportation (I hate driving in big cities and I get lost easily, and of course I have no clue what hotel to stay in. If you stay onsite does disneyland provide you transportation to and from the parks like they do at DW? Also what about offsite resorts? We will have 3 adults and 2 kids and we all want to stay in the same hotel. Hubby is fine with driving to the convention in LA at the LA convention center and he doesnt mind where we stay.
Thanks
Lora

The other parks that City pass includes are not Disney parks. I believe there are independant companies who do provide transportation to them but you may just want to rent a car. They are all freeway close and the freeways are not that bad.

The two Disney parks and three on-property hotels are all within walking distance of each other. There is no transportation between parks (you don't need it, they are about 50ft from each other) or to and from the hotels. Many off-site hotels are closer to the parks than the DLH or PP hotels.

You might try www.airportbus.com for transportation from the DL resort area to the other places on the city pass. I believe the site prices include admission. You might have to call to find out how much it is for just the round trip ride. Also, if you have a costco membership, you might want to check costco prices for your city pass. Typically they sell them for a little less (about $25 less for the S. CA city pass). Dont buy them yet though, as I think they would expire before your trip.

As for hotels, as capt. said, there are plenty of hotels in the area that are walking distance. If you have some in mind we can probably tell you if they are walk distance, quality, etc or at least direct you to some sites that would help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter