Thinking a trip with no kids....still fun?

My DH and I went last December for 8 days while Grandma came and stayed with DS10 and DD7. We had the BEST time! Stayed at the GF, slept in, spent time on the beach every day, ate at all sigs (and V&A Chef's Table). It was our 15th anniversary and we had spent our honeymoon at the Beach Club. Of course, the kids were fine, and we are taking them back in November. I can't wait to do it again for our 20th anniversary!

Have a great time.

My wife and I have made the trip with our children (80's) and our grandchildren (2001, 2002) and lately we have been going alone. We both have to admit that the last several trips we have gone without kids have been the best trips we have ever had-and believe me, no trip to WDW has ever been a bad trip. We go at our own pace, get up when we want, eat when we want, see and ride what we want. We have enjoyed seeing the park through the little ones eyes but the past three trips have been enjoyed through our eyes. So much so that we now go twice per year rather than the annual trip. We are in our 60's and I can tell you that there is still a big kid inside of me and it all comes out the moment I get on the Magical Express. Trust me, you need to go without any doubts or feelings of remorse that you left the children home. Open your hearts to the Magic and just enjoy. 96 days till I become a kid again.

Can't wait to go on a kids free trip someday! We are thinking DL or WDW for just the two of us will be a suitable consolation for when we are empty nested. ;)

Yay to kid free Disney trips! We are planning our first for September. dd6 knows and is totally cool with it. She and dd2 are splitting time between 3 different grandparents and are super excited about it.
I started laying the ground work months in advance "wouldn't it be nice if mommy and daddy took a little trip that was like a date?" (she's very conscious of wanting us to like each other, lol). We've slowly broke in that our trip was to DWorld.
We are soooo excited!

We've gone twice without kids and have loved both! The first was our honeymoon, the second was two nights at AK Lodge before a cruise. We spent the day at Epcot - did Soarin' twice at rope drop and then Mission Space and Test Track; had lunch at The Land (? Seasons) and then "drank around the world"! We ordered Epcot Drink Passports for $12 for a 4 of us and had a BLAST! We ordered 1 drink in each country and split it between the 4 of us. When we got to Mexico right before Illuminations the bartender in Mexico was so impressed he gave us 4 8 oz. Margaritas for the cost of 1. The couple we went with and my wife and I still talk fondly of the trip!

The day we arrived we had dinner at The Swan and did the Boardwalk area - it was truly magical!

I highly recommend it!

DH and I are going without our two kids in Sept (Food & Wine!!!) and cannot wait. Our girls (14 & 11) know and were fine with it when I told them we were only going to EPCOT. We did another kid-free trip years ago and it was wonderful. It's so nice to move (or not move) at your leisure. I love not feeling like I have to schedule everything. We are just going to take our time and savor the experience.

Our first trip was our kid-free trip - and we had a blast. When DH and I got married, we blended together 3 kids into our new family, but we didn't really want to honeymoon as a family. We'd never been to Disney and (whispering) didn't really understand the appeal. However, as active vs. lay on the beach people, we wanted to honeymoon somewhere that had a lot to offer and see and do. And that's how we ended up at Disney with really no idea what to expect. And we had a BLAST! We are really just both big kids at heart, so it ended up being a perfect place even without kids. We rode the rides, ate lots of goodies, even took pictures with characters. Loved it all! It's a different vibe when you are without kids - you can go faster, or slower. Stay out later, or get up later. Enjoy some dining that maybe doesn't involve a character - or totally visit Chef Mickey's if that's your thing. Our kids are older and pretty easy going, but that kid-free trip was by far the most flexible one.

FIRST CHILDLESS trip in TOO MANY YEARS!

We thought that the first 2 weeks of December were "low crowds" in park and by virtue of kids finishing up school before Holiday Break, thought there would be "few" school age kids!:confused3

Just read a post that Dec.6-13th, there is a PopWarner/Competitive Cheerleading event at Wide World of Sports...
Hey, don't get me wrong...BOTH sons placed 2 sports competitively, many, many years of tournaments, etc, so we "know the drill" when it comes to out of town tournaments...

Would have not been the LEAST SURPRISED if I read that a PopWarner/Cheerleading Competition was happening in the summer/Christmas break/Presidents Weekend/Easter Break/ or JERSEY WEEK in November...If you notice, I refuse to call the November break "Teachers Convention"...Not too many teachers are attending convention down in Atlantic City these days!

Anyway, gearing up in my mind, that now with PopWarner/Cheereading Week, Dec.6-13th, parks will be MORE CROWDED with kids!
Would imagine that rooms are "hard to come by" at the All Star resorts!
TOO LOUD FOR US! "BEEN THERE, DONE THAT"...
Those days are well behind now! Loved, loved those days:), but on to the next phase of life now!:thumbsup2

Here's to hoping that Parks are not too crowded during Dec.6-Dec.13th!:wizard::wizard::wizard:::santa:

DD is now 21 and we went to WDW without her in June. She couldn't believe we would do such a thing, but we did and had a grand time. AKV Savanna view, every park (bought an AP), rope drop every day, great dinners every night, rode every ride, and loved every minute. Can't wait to go back in February--but she will be with us for the Princess races!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter