You can fly! You can fly!
You can fly! You can fly!

INDEX
Ch. 1 Why Start a Pre-Trip Report Now?
Introductions or The Cast
Ch. 2 How This Trip Was Born

"Think of the happiest things
It's the same as having wings"- Peter Pan

April was a rough month! I felt as though layers upon layers of stress were laid upon my shoulders. Some days it was hard not to burst into tears over the tiniest thing. The first layer- April is State Testing Month, which puts everyone at work on edge. Since Special Ed is one of the sub categories of students at my school that has failed to meet Annual Yearly Progress the last two years, SpEd has been under the gun so to speak to get our kiddos to pass the test. How is it that seemingly intelligent, rational people fail to grasp the irony of this situation? Hello if they could pass the state tests they wouldn't be in SpEd! For those of you who don't work in education I'm sure it's difficult to imagine just how emotionally draining two weeks of high stakes testing is to not only the students, but to the staff as well.

Here are some of the supplies and snacks I purchased for my testing group. The Diet Pepsi is for me of course.

IMG_7731.jpg

The good part of a 3 hour testing window every day was I had lots of time to work on my March 2008 WDW trip report.

The second layer of stress- my own children and state testing, and looming decisions about schooling next year.

IMG_5622.jpg

I tend to over think things and get myself worked up needlessly over what might happen, so I spent the month of April driving myself nuts over the boys and school issues. I don't know about others and homeschooling, but I hit these periods of time where I question my decisions and wonder if homeschooling is really the right choice. Sometimes these questioning periods pass quickly sometimes they linger for awhile. This time around was one of the lingering variety.

Third layer of stress- the house we are building.

IMG_7841.jpg

April 30th was the deadline for our construction loan and it was looming. The problem? Our septic system. Due to our soil being classified incorrectly our permit read "summer install." We were reassured back in November not to worry about this that it didn't really mean that. In hindsight we should have spent the extra money to challenge the soil classification, but we didn't.

Any one of these would be enough to push me to the edge, but all three of them together kept me in a perpetual dither any time my mind had a moment to catch hold of one of them and freak out. What kept me sane was to hold onto my happy thought of our trip to Disneyland in December.

Whenever I found myself drowning in a sea of stress Disney was my life raft. I would climb in and drift away on happily vague planning thoughts. Thus my pre-trip, that I hadn't intended to start for at least another 4 months, was born.

I can totally relate to that! I teach in the UK and last week was national testing for my age group. I have a lot of special needs kids in my class, yet am still expected to get a high percentage of national average grades. It isn't going to happen! I think I might start on my pre trip report for August!! Lovely house BTW!!
I hope you have fun planning.

I can totally relate to that! I teach in the UK and last week was national testing for my age group. I have a lot of special needs kids in my class, yet am still expected to get a high percentage of national average grades. It isn't going to happen! I think I might start on my pre trip report for August!! Lovely house BTW!!
I hope you have fun planning.

:thumbsup2 I always have fun planning!

"Oh come now Prince Philip. Why so melancholy? A glorious future lies before you - you, the destined hero, of a charming fairy tale come true. Behold - King Stephan's castle. And in yonder top most tower, dreaming of her true love, the Princess Aurora. But see the gracious whim of fate - why, 'tis the self-same peasant maid, who won the heart of our noble prince but yesterday. She is indeed, most wondrous fair. Gold of sunshine in her hair, lips that shame the red red rose. In ageless sleep, she finds repose. The years roll by, but a a hundred years to a steadfast heart, are but a day. And now, the gates of a dungeon part, and our prince is free to go his way. Off he rides, on his noble steed, a valiant figure, straight and tall! To wake his love with "loves' first kiss"! And prove that "true love" conquers all! AHAHAHAHAHA!" -Sleeping Beauty

One of the things I love most about being the writer of the pre-trip and trip reports is that I control the media. Therefore my family is at my mercy on what pictures and stories I choose to share about them. I try to be fair and include most of the unflattering stories about myself, but I can assure you there will be far more pictures of everyone besides me.

Here we all are on our last Disney Trip at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. If you can't find us amongst all those characters, don't worry about it, there will be plenty of other pictures to see what we look like, to follow.

IMG_5927.jpg

Cast-

Me: Michelle 37

IMG_5185.jpg

DH: David 40

IMG_7598.jpg

DA or Dear Aunt: Aunt Pat 64

IMG_5976.jpg

DD: Daisy 12 this trip will be to celebrate her 13th birthday November 28th.

IMG_5583.jpg

DS: Joey 11

IMG_6215.jpg

DS: Adam 10

IMG_5706.jpg

That's it, the cast for our December 2008 Disneyland Trip. This will be our third trip to Disneyland and we are excited to go back there after our first trip to Disney World in March.

Here are the kids right before we left for the Disney World Trip

IMG_5448.jpg

Signing on Michelle! I have only been to DL once, back when I was 10, and my memories of it are quite sketchy! It will be cool to read about it through your report!

Allyson :)

popcorn::

Hello, Michelle! I'm already planning BEYOND our upcoming trip so I can certainly see why you'd start your PTR now! :rotfl:

And I see you are a DLR vet- please give me dining suggestions in my PTR if you could be so kind. I am having a hard time deciding on Chip & Dale vs. Minnie & Friends for breakfast on the last day. Also having trouble deciding on Goofy's Kitchen. My kids will be 5-1/2 and nearly 7, is the trek from the monorail to there far? Thanks for any input and I'll be following along with you until December! :surfweb:

Alrighty, I'll hop on board for the ride! :banana: Although I have to admit two things sucked me in and they weren't even DLR related: (1) your lingering thoughts on homeschooling (we're a homeschooling family); and (2) your house building project in Washington State (we are planning on moving to the Olympic Peninsula as soon as our house in Phx sells, and my dh wants to build his dream house there).

So, do you mind a slight derail so I can ask where in WA you live and/or are building?

I promise to talk about DLR too, really I do! :goodvibes

Alrighty, I'll hop on board for the ride! :banana: Although I have to admit two things sucked me in and they weren't even DLR related: (1) your lingering thoughts on homeschooling (we're a homeschooling family); and (2) your house building project in Washington State (we are planning on moving to the Olympic Peninsula as soon as our house in Phx sells, and my dh wants to build his dream house there).

So, do you mind a slight derail so I can ask where in WA you live and/or are building?

I promise to talk about DLR too, really I do! :goodvibes

:rotfl: I don't mind a slight derail. We live and are building in Enumclaw, we are about an hour east of Seattle, about an hour away from Mt. Rainier.

I should warn you that at this point I am not a fan of building your own house! :eek:

popcorn::

Hello, Michelle! I'm already planning BEYOND our upcoming trip so I can certainly see why you'd start your PTR now! :rotfl:

And I see you are a DLR vet- please give me dining suggestions in my PTR if you could be so kind. I am having a hard time deciding on Chip & Dale vs. Minnie & Friends for breakfast on the last day. Also having trouble deciding on Goofy's Kitchen. My kids will be 5-1/2 and nearly 7, is the trek from the monorail to there far? Thanks for any input and I'll be following along with you until December! :surfweb:

Alright I'm heading over to check out your ptr. I'm not sure how much help I'll be we've only done the Storyteller's character breakfast, and the monorail wasn't running the last two times we went. :rotfl:

Signing on Michelle! I have only been to DL once, back when I was 10, and my memories of it are quite sketchy! It will be cool to read about it through your report!

Allyson :)

Glad you are here Allyson! I'm going to enjoy reading about your solo trip.

Hi our group is going to DLR Oct24th - 31st 2008 Im in for the ride an try to learn a few things as well. Thanks

Hi our group is going to DLR Oct24th - 31st 2008 Im in for the ride an try to learn a few things as well. Thanks

Our you going to the Halloween party? We had so much fun the year we went. If I could spend every Halloween at Disneyland I would.

Yes we are planning on it.....have you seen any TR'S with pictures from the Halloween party?

No, but I haven't really looked. I have a few, but they would require me to scan them. Which is something I intend to do at some point but I'm not sure when?

No, but I haven't really looked. I have a few, but they would require me to scan them. Which is something I intend to do at some point but I'm not sure when?

Oh ...that sounds like a rainy weekend-too excited to sleep kinda job :rotfl:.... but quite rewarding for your loyal readers :)

I have a brand new nephew! :woohoo:

Warner Rex was born at 10:07 this morning, 6pds 8ounces 19.5 inches long. This is my baby brother's first child and I'm super excited for him! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter