Things you should know about wheeling at Disney

WOW!! You guys have given me so many great ideas!! Now to decide which one........

Kimba

I was actually initally worried about my Dad who will be traveling with our family for the first time. He uses a cane but will need an ECV for the trip. He is often very worried about becoming a burden, even though I have assured him that using the ECV will be fine and we will stick with him. My husband even offered to drive it on and off the bus for him( he gets nervous easily) My only concern is that I hear horror strories about buses and because we are staying at Saratoga Springs buses are pretty much our only option. Has anyone been recently that can help ease my worry. Are all the buses handicapped accessible at this point?

My only concern is that I hear horror strories about buses and because we are staying at Saratoga Springs buses are pretty much our only option. Has anyone been recently that can help ease my worry. Are all the buses handicapped accessible at this point?
In most cases, the buses work very well. People are MUCH more likely to post their 'horror' stories than talk about the hundreds of times things work well.
So, that is something to keep in mind about what you read.

Pretty much all the buses are handicapped accessible at this point. Occasionally, you will run into a bus where either the lift or the tiedowns to attach the wheelchair/ECV to the bus are out of order, but most of the time things are fine.
We have stayed at Saratoga Springs a number of times (the last was this October) and had few problems.

If you haven't already read it, I'd encourage you to check out the bus information in the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

Cheshire Figment, where would I look for something to use as slipcovers? It occurs to me that the ECV might get rained on while I'm in a ride or something, and it wouldn't be fun to come back to a wet scooter.

We use a small gas grill cover for hubby's ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter