Things you said as a kid (maybe kids still do)

Probably not exactly what the OP meant, but I'll tell it anyway.

A few years ago, I went through an old box of books I'd collected when I was a pre-teen. They were from old library sales then, so not new. Anyway, I came upon one that looked interesting and thought I'd read it. It was set around the turn of the (20th) century in a rural farming area. The story was about a schoolgirl, probably around 12ish. At one point in the story, she made a comment about how, on the way home from school, she was stopping by the store in town to "charge a tablet for school tomorrow". At first, I had to stop and think about that. My 21st century brain was thinking about plugging in an ipad or something, but I knew that was wrong. Of course, what she meant was she had to buy a pad of paper (a tablet of paper) for school and would charge it to her parents' account at the store.

That's how times have changed in 100 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter