Things you have always wanted for your home but never had?

A deck off the back of our house. We have a door that goes to nothing.

Good question, there's things we've had and miss, I think design wise it would be a gated court yard in front to lock people away from the front door if desired and that can have the inside open up to it. (Wall of glass/sliders )

On the Interior a dedicated theater room would be cool.

Front porch, a screen porch, walk in kitchen pantry, fireplace in our master, and a crystal chandelier and oversized walk in china storage closet in our dining room - I have a LOT of china and crystal…

My DH is in for a living in a construction zone for a few months if I ever happen to come into a lot of money for my list. Attatched Garage onto our modular home including walk in freezer and cooler rooms, an indoor swimming pool so I can use it year round and a hot tub with 3 car bays and a covered area on the side for a camper or motor home. Upstairs would have a new master bedroom complete with a seperate sitting room, a dressing room, walk in shower with a bench, more than one walk in closet, and my own laundry room. There would be an elevator that would go from the ground floor (main garage) to the basement, to the main floor where our current main part of the house is located and then to the rooms above the garage.
The basement would be finished along with remodeling of the main floor and landscaping would be done including putting a multilevel deck in front and putting most of at least the front yard in drought resistant landscaping.

A hot tub, an instant hot water dispenser, a wine fridge, double sinks in our master bath (the bathroom is large and has room so I don't know why the builder didn't put two in, most houses in our neighborhood have two sinks in the master bath).

Got a hot tub (finally!) 2 years ago. Use it allthetime, and it was the best thing we've ever treated ourselves to!
Had a wine fridge, didn't really use it. Been unplugged in garage since 2014.
Two sinks - they are nice to have, and if you have the room I'd say add it!
instant hot water dispenser - I'm right there with you, I wish I had one as well.

My biggest indulgent wish is a butler's pantry where I could store all of my table linens, serving dishes, and party supplies in one place.

Ugh, I have always wanted a proper butlers pantry.

I think I would love to have some stained glass in my home.

So many people have a swimming pool on their list, and I swear ours is a huge headache and a money pit. We're currently working on getting quotes to replace filter, fix pump, and resurface decking. I told DH we should get a quote to fill the darn thing in too.

I'd love to have a stand-alone guest house, or at minimum guest quarters with a separate entrance. Not really an option with our current house though.

So many people have a swimming pool on their list, and I swear ours is a huge headache and a money pit. We're currently working on getting quotes to replace filter, fix pump, and resurface decking. I told DH we should get a quote to fill the darn thing in too.

I'd love to have a stand-alone guest house, or at minimum guest quarters with a separate entrance. Not really an option with our current house though.
We miss our pool and are thinking of how we can swing putting one in at our current house. Of course I grew up with a pool so I'm not really surprised by Maintenance

A hot tub, an instant hot water dispenser, a wine fridge, double sinks in our master bath (the bathroom is large and has room so I don't know why the builder didn't put two in, most houses in our neighborhood have two sinks in the master bath).
Had them all, only still have the wine fridge. Hot tub work out after 25 years. Had to take out the instant hot water dispenser because it leaked. And what is it with double sinks? My parents had them, but there never was more than one person in the bathroom at a time. And the right sink got so little use, the water valves were rusted in the off position.

Had them all, only still have the wine fridge. Hot tub work out after 25 years. Had to take out the instant hot water dispenser because it leaked. And what is it with double sinks? My parents had them, but there never was more than one person in the bathroom at a time. And the right sink got so little use, the water valves were rusted in the off position.

I don't get the double sinks in the master either. Maybe if we had the same schedule, but really, my husband brushes his teeth and is done in 2 minutes. We did put in 2 sinks in our girls' bathroom so they did not fight over it getting ready for school. We also put in a pocket door in between the sinks and the toilet/tub so they could get maximum use out of the bathroom. We built the house we are living in and so I was able to get what I wanted for the most part(budget allowed). I love my huge walk in pantry and walk in closet. I would like a pool but it is not worth having one where I live since the season is so short. A maid would be nice.

I guess I watch too many HGTV shows where they warn laundry rooms should never been on the second floor.
I have watched too many episodes of "Holmes on homes" to know that machines leak and it is a huge mess and big expense if they are on the second floor. This actually happened to my brother. I would never put the laundry room up on the second level unless it has proper drainage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter