Things for teenagers to do at DVC resorts

If you feel comfortable with it, let them rent the water sprites and motor around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. You could also let them go get lunch or dinner on their own. Maybe let them ride around and tour the monorail resorts on their own (if you feel comfortable with that). If they have cell phones just turn on the "find my iphone" feature and watch them virtually from wherever you are.

My teen age daughter and two of her friends did this. We were at the Poly and they took the monorail over to GF to shop and look around. Then we met up at BLT for Top of the World Lounge :)

This is our first DVC trip, so we kind of wanted to use it as an opportunity to check out some of the different resorts that we have not been to. Also, the points just got loaded into our account and they expire at the end of May. We are kind of booking on short notice, so we took what we could get that fit into what we wanted to do. We are only traveling with carry-ons so going back-and-forth between different hotel shouldn’t be too difficult.

We booked with short notice BBC g NBC iykz for Spring Break 2018. Initially, we had 5 moves during a 9 night trip. I was able to whittle that down so that we only moved 3 times, but we were prepared to move a lot. Like you, my family looked at it as an adventure and packed accordingly. I brought an empty suitcase to use for groceries every time we moved resorts.

Hello everyone! We have our 1st DVC trip coming up in April. We will be staying at BLT, Poly, AKV and BCV. We have two mid-teen daughters and will only be at the Monday night for Magic Kingdom After Dark. The rest of the time will be spent at the resorts and Disney Springs. Does anyone have any suggestions for activities that teenagers would enjoy at the different resorts (aka activities that would keep them from complaining)? Thank you!

Someone may have mentioned this but BWV has a marshmallow roast a couple times a week. Just marshmallows and long sticks to set your marshmallow on fire <g>, but if you were to have a few graham crackers and a Hershey bar you can easily make smores. The cast members are young that run this at the firepit outside the community center so perhaps entertaining for the girls to interact with them. Hardly anyone goes because most are probably in the parks. I also notice a firepit over by Yacht and Beach close to the boats and water but don't know what they do there.

Our oldest DDs are 13 and 15 and they still enjoy the Community Halls at the DVC resorts. Coloring, beads, free activities are fine by them. Occasionally we've paid for a few of the cheaper activities. Pool time and just chilling at the pools is often fine by them. AKV has wildlife to check out as well as decor that are often like mini museum exhibits.

I'm not comfortable with the two of mine riding the bus by themselves to the miniature golf courses, but we often visit them as a family.

Someone may have mentioned this but BWV has a marshmallow roast a couple times a week. Just marshmallows and long sticks to set your marshmallow on fire <g>, but if you were to have a few graham crackers and a Hershey bar you can easily make smores. The cast members are young that run this at the firepit outside the community center so perhaps entertaining for the girls to interact with them. Hardly anyone goes because most are probably in the parks. I also notice a firepit over by Yacht and Beach close to the boats and water but don't know what they do there.

BLT has a similar marshmallow roast.

Good to know...thank you!

Our oldest DDs are 13 and 15 and they still enjoy the Community Halls at the DVC resorts. Coloring, beads, free activities are fine by them. Occasionally we've paid for a few of the cheaper activities. Pool time and just chilling at the pools is often fine by them. AKV has wildlife to check out as well as decor that are often like mini museum exhibits.

I'm not comfortable with the two of mine riding the bus by themselves to the miniature golf courses, but we often visit them as a family.
Yeah, not sure I would let them ride the bus to mini golf either. I would be ok with the monorail when we are at BLT and Poly, but that’s about the extent I would let them “travel” alone. Thanks for the feedback!

My teen age daughter and two of her friends did this. We were at the Poly and they took the monorail over to GF to shop and look around. Then we met up at BLT for Top of the World Lounge :)
Definitely hitting Top of the World. I like the idea of letting them get a little freedom while mom and dad are by the pool.

Definitely hitting Top of the World. I like the idea of letting them get a little freedom while mom and dad are by the pool.
Your kids can’t go to TOWL without you. They must be with the DVC member. If they aren’t listed on the deed, they aren’t a member.
Denise

If you are trying to save money this may not be a great idea but I took my daughter to the GF to the Ivy Trellis Salon for a Character Couture makeover and t was so fun! The least expensive package is about $100 but that might be something they would love before you go to the MK after hours event...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter