Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise (New)

Wow. I never knew that. It smells so very good in there...

Ok, I've never stayed at WL, but I think they choose one family per day to go up on the roof for a flag ceremony every morning (very early). That's a little trickier, though, because it's more luck of the draw. I'd love to see some more things everybody can do.
Sad to say....this has been eliminated as well. I asked Disney Signature Services about this a few weeks ago and they did confirm it will not be re-instated. :(

I'm sure it's well known, but I haven't seen it posted here - they will replace your ice cream if a kid drops it.

We've also had them replace a meal or two from an overcooked burger, or a spill.

The sword in the stone "event" - this is also an exclusive "lucky" family/group is picked each morning. It was so much fun to watch my Dad try to pull the sword out and the CM were egging him on. Then my little 5yr old nephew goes up and "pulls" it right out. I believe this is every morning at MK, by the Carousel

Mine are not around attractions or things to do, but I like a couple of other little things that Disney does.
  • If the batteries in any of your Disney toys happen to die, you can get them replaced at the vendors that carry the toys. We have even done this with toys from years back and it was no issue at all.
  • If you happen to rip your Disney themed poncho, take it to a vendor counter and they will replace it for free. Again, we have done this with ponchos that were years old, with no issue.
Just to be clear, with the older toys and ponchos, we were not trying to be sneaky or anything like that. We were very upfront that they were older, and we still had no issues.

Mine are not around attractions or things to do, but I like a couple of other little things that Disney does.
  • If the batteries in any of your Disney toys happen to die, you can get them replaced at the vendors that carry the toys. We have even done this with toys from years back and it was no issue at all.
  • If you happen to rip your Disney themed poncho, take it to a vendor counter and they will replace it for free. Again, we have done this with ponchos that were years old, with no issue.
Just to be clear, with the older toys and ponchos, we were not trying to be sneaky or anything like that. We were very upfront that they were older, and we still had no issues.

Good info to know, thanks!

Lost as well. We went back to an attraction to find a lost spray bottle and they sent us right into the gift shop to have it replaced.

Wandered into this one day, but when Casey's opens each c they have a mini sing along of Take Me Out to the Ballgame and pick a kid to throw or thefirst pitch

While everyone is rushing down Main Street for Rope Drop, take advantage of the Main Street Vehicles. There's an old car, a firetruck, an omnibus, and a horse drawn trolley. Last trip we grabbed the trolley and the Dapper Dans rode with us, telling jokes and singing along the way. It was a great start to a day at MK.

this is another one that you have to be chosen for but I've never seen it advertised anywhere before: last year when we stayed at Pop, they had a Duffy bear on display and if you were the first child to ask, you got to choose his outfit for the day with a certificate with your name and they have you another certificate to keep. He had an adorable closet full of costumes and both of my kids got to do it on separate days. My son chose a Stitch costume and my daughter chose Pinocchio.

While everyone is rushing down Main Street for Rope Drop, take advantage of the Main Street Vehicles. There's an old car, a firetruck, an omnibus, and a horse drawn trolley. Last trip we grabbed the trolley and the Dapper Dans rode with us, telling jokes and singing along the way. It was a great start to a day at MK.

Yes, this is great! I've found that you can take the one way from the castle to the hub with plenty of open seats from the castle back to the hub by Tony's restaurant for a few hours after opening.

Yes, this is great! I've found that you can take the one way from the castle to the hub with plenty of open seats from the castle back to the hub by Tony's restaurant for a few hours after opening.

This may sound silly, but I am wondering---

How do you do this? Is there a line? Do you just walk up and ask to get in? I've seen them and briefly wondered about it but was in too much of a hurry to slow down and check it all out!

Do they still have the "Welcome the night" (or whatever it's called) fire dancer at the POLY each night about 6 pm? It's only about 5 minutes long but still very neat to watch.

Still there! This is one of our favorite things to do at Poly (along with Lilo's Playhouse and 'Ohana, of course), it goes great with Capt. Cook's Seafood Stew and a Dole Whip/Vanilla Swirl.

This may sound silly, but I am wondering---

How do you do this? Is there a line? Do you just walk up and ask to get in? I've seen them and briefly wondered about it but was in too much of a hurry to slow down and check it all out!
Sometimes there is a line, but it's never long, we just walk up and get in. There are signposts that mark where the different vehicles stop if they are in transit. You can just stand by the sign and wait for them to get there.

A few years ago, I got the lowest score (of the day-at least up until then) at Winter Summerland mini-golf on their Winter Course. I got a nice-looking certificate with my name and date on it and a golf ball that had Stitch on it. They also posted your name on the board by the entrance.

We love the free kids activities at AKL. Particularly during the summer, when you need a break from the heat. Each activity is linked to a bead that they give the kids to string on a piece of twine. DD is 13 and still has her string of beads she collected doing those activities when she was about 8.

We absolutely loved renting the Surrey bike at the BoardWalk. It was $25 for a half hour, and we waited until evening when everything was all lit up. It wasn't the easiest thing to do, especially going up the small hills. Partly because we were all having the time of our lives and laughing so hard we couldn't pedal. Worth every penny.

AKL- decorating cookies in Boma, decorating cakes in Sanaa, food tours of Jiko, Boma, Sanaa (around4pm), cultural tours, interactions about animals, drumming with cast members

VWL- 9am tour of the grounds Weds-Sat, Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt (dispensed by the front desk)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter