Thick soled shoes for extra inches??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked, answered (maybe), and then batted around the room with the wiffleball bat.

Locking this one now. Thanks gang!

Thank all of you for your posts. I find that alot of people were quick to flame me and alot of other people who were afraid to say anything sent me a pm.

It's funny how we are quick to flame things on this site and how if we are afraid to be flamed we pm so know one knows. To those who pm'ed me thank you for your help.:)

While I sympathize with you, my concern would be is the safety mechanism going to hold your son in securely enough for him to stay on the ride. In several instances I can think of the harness or bar might not fit him properly if he isn't the right height and he could be injured. I know he will be disappointed, but he'll also be unharmed. You have to decide if it's worth it for you. I know my SIL used methods like this on our last trip and sometimes she got away with it and sometimes not. My niece was very upset and crying on a couple of occasions, but she soon got over it and moved onto the next thing.

When we went last October my DD just missed the 40" height restriction and she was definitely a little upset, but she got over it. I'm sure if she had on shoes with a thicker sole she would have made it, but I can't justify it in my mind.

When we went this past May she was well over the 40" mark wearing regular sandals and crocs. She was able to ride on so many new rides and had a blast.

I personally wouldn't buy shoes with any more than a normal sole, it's just not worth it. I would never be able to forgive myself if anything happened to my child.

Oops! Got called away from the computer before I got to lock this one. Locking it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter