They've moved up the Fantasyland rope-drop (finally)!

Let me ask you a question now that rope drop has moved. If I want a fighting chance at PP I'll have to ditch my stroller somewhere before the rope drops, but with the hub walled off, did you notice a place close to where they hold you for RD that I could leave my stroller?

That may be a problem. I've never taken a stroller to DL, however I understand that the parking area for them in FL is somewhere beyond PP. If there's someone that can take/watch it for you while you ride PP, that may be your best bet. Otherwise, it may cost you some time.

Also, not sure if the rope-drop move is permanent. I've only seen it once -- yesterday. Hopefully they keep it for awhile. In any case, I wish you the best of luck. I'll be at the park again this Sunday with my mom, who'll be visiting from Chicago.

My poor toddler asks to ride PP every time we go, but he literally cannot wait in a 40+ minute line. I can make a 20-minute or so line work first thing in the morning, so I'm going to try. I'll just abort if I can't get a place in line before the chains.
Again, best of luck. Hope it works out for you. Please report back!

That may be a problem. I've never taken a stroller to DL, however I understand that the parking area for them in FL is somewhere beyond PP. If there's someone that can take/watch it for you while you ride PP, that may be your best bet. Otherwise, it may cost you some time.

Also, not sure if the rope-drop move is permanent. I've only seen it once -- yesterday. Hopefully they keep it for awhile. In any case, I wish you the best of luck. I'll be at the park again this Sunday with my mom, who'll be visiting from Chicago.

Again, best of luck. Hope it works out for you. Please report back!

Thanks, I will let you know what happens. I will be alone with my son (as usual) so no help. If the hub wall wasn't up, I would just ditch it near the loading for the Main Street vehicles as you can leave a few strollers over there. If I try to park it in FL I don't think I'll make PP. I'll try to arrive as early as I can so I can scope out a place to ditch. Even somewhere further back on Main Street maybe and I'll just go back to get it later.

Thanks, I will let you know what happens. I will be alone with my son (as usual) so no help. If the hub wall wasn't up, I would just ditch it near the loading for the Main Street vehicles as you can leave a few strollers over there. If I try to park it in FL I don't think I'll make PP. I'll try to arrive as early as I can so I can scope out a place to ditch. Even somewhere further back on Main Street maybe and I'll just go back to get it later.

Cool. Remind me: how long will you be at DL?

Cool. Remind me: how long will you be at DL?

I'm local (well about 45 minutes away) and for the past almost year we have been coming about twice a month, sometimes more if I have friends visiting or there is something special going on in the parks. Can't come on weekends with my pass but that might change as I'm seriously considering upgrading to Signature when my pass expires next month! :upsidedow

Exactly! It's beautiful until you choke. That section was so thick with smoke when we rode BTMRR the week before Xmas (park was admittedly a zoo) we could strongly smell cigarette smoke on that side of the ride. And no, there was no wind. Idk what the solution is not being a smoker myself but that area had way too much smoke last trip. No one should breathe cigarette smoke on a ride at Disney in 2018. (ETA, yes it was 2017, point still stands!)

@azdisneylover 25 years later! Talk about another chance, what an inspiration! May you have many more cancer free years!!

Thank you very much! Prior to cancer, I didn't speak up when people smoked around me. Once I got cancer from second hand smoke, I educated myself and put my health first. Now, I do speak up and educate. I never even tried to smoke, ever. How ironic! To all those reading this who are smokers, I know it is a very hard habit to quit, but, please, try to quit and do not smoke around your children.

I’d love to hear if you are able to successfully do PP! We will be there next week with a double stroller and two LOs. I was thinking of trying for Wednesday as well.

The only place I saw yesterday that you could have left a stroller was with other strollers for the railroad back at the start of Main Street. However, if you actually hold your child and just push the stroller from rope drop so you can dump it quickly, you can indeed manage to toss it in Fantasyland and then hop into the PP line and be behind maybe 20 people or so, which is a pretty short wait... assuming PP is actually operating at opening. I've done this several times.

The only place I saw yesterday that you could have left a stroller was with other strollers for the railroad back at the start of Main Street. However, if you actually hold your child and just push the stroller from rope drop so you can dump it quickly, you can indeed manage to toss it in Fantasyland and then hop into the PP line and be behind maybe 20 people or so, which is a pretty short wait... assuming PP is actually operating at opening. I've done this several times.

Thanks for the heads up! I hope we make it happen. Poor little guy always wants to ride.

Let me ask you a question now that rope drop has moved. If I want a fighting chance at PP I'll have to ditch my stroller somewhere before the rope drops, but with the hub walled off, did you notice a place close to where they hold you for RD that I could leave my stroller?

My poor toddler asks to ride PP every time we go, but he literally cannot wait in a 40+ minute line. I can make a 20-minute or so line work first thing in the morning, so I'm going to try. I'll just abort if I can't get a place in line before the chains.
In December when I went back at rope drop. It seemed liked this day EVERYONE booked it to PP (including my friends and I). I saw a lady speed walking holding her toddler (about 2 y/o), had the older child (maybe about 4 y/o?) holding onto the side of the stroller while she pushed it. She somehow managed it park it to the side somewhere and get in line. She beat me and my friends to PP and we are in our 20’s lol. So it’s possible, but you will have to hustle!

I haven’t been since the rope drop moved, but a month ago as we headed toward PP first thing, a CM offered to park our stroller for us. It was glorious! Of course, all my anticipation for introducing this magical ride to my toddler was completely squashed when she freaked out and cried the entire ride. But at least the line was quick, lol.

Rope drop was still in front of the castle this morning. That was nice. What was not nice were the adults I witnessed SPRINTING to Peter Pan after rope drop. SMH... they didn't even have any children with them. Anyhoo.... we had some holdups getting to DL today so I walked onto Main Street with only 10 minutes until rope drop. Which means we missed our chance to get a decent place near the rope for a PP attempt. However, I had told my toddler that we were riding Peter Pan, so we did our best. I ditched my stroller near a bench by the castle (not stroller parking but no one moved it) and joined all the salmon swimming upstream to the Peter Pan chains. All in all, it wasn't too bad. We ended up waiting 27 minutes, which wasn't too bad considering the wait was 40-45 minutes the rest of the day (I probably could have shaved a few minutes off that but I wasn't interested in running or shouldering people out of the way, if only I could say the same for everyone else). The wait wasn't easy for my son (but it was easier for him than me... I got a good upper body workout as I wrestled to keep him from running off), but I made it work and hearing his little voice exclaim, "We're flying, mama, we're flying!" as we soared over London made it all worthwhile.

On a completely unrelated note, the Mulan show for Lunar New Year over at DCA is EXCELLENT! It's short (about 10 minutes), but really beautiful. Highly recommend!

Rope drop was still in front of the castle this morning. That was nice. What was not nice were the adults I witnessed SPRINTING to Peter Pan after rope drop. SMH... they didn't even have any children with them. Anyhoo.... we had some holdups getting to DL today so I walked onto Main Street with only 10 minutes until rope drop. Which means we missed our chance to get a decent place near the rope for a PP attempt. However, I had told my toddler that we were riding Peter Pan, so we did our best. I ditched my stroller near a bench by the castle (not stroller parking but no one moved it) and joined all the salmon swimming upstream to the Peter Pan chains. All in all, it wasn't too bad. We ended up waiting 27 minutes, which wasn't too bad considering the wait was 40-45 minutes the rest of the day (I probably could have shaved a few minutes off that but I wasn't interested in running or shouldering people out of the way, if only I could say the same for everyone else). The wait wasn't easy for my son (but it was easier for him than me... I got a good upper body workout as I wrestled to keep him from running off), but I made it work and hearing his little voice exclaim, "We're flying, mama, we're flying!" as we soared over London made it all worthwhile.

On a completely unrelated note, the Mulan show for Lunar New Year over at DCA is EXCELLENT! It's short (about 10 minutes), but really beautiful. Highly recommend!
Thank you for reporting back. Sad example for the adults to show such competitiveness. I will have to think of something good to say when my daughter comments on it next week! Oh and what is the Mulan show? Is it part of the parade? Thanks again, socalmommy! You’ve been a big help!

Thank you for reporting back. Sad example for the adults to show such competitiveness. I will have to think of something good to say when my daughter comments on it next week! Oh and what is the Mulan show? Is it part of the parade? Thanks again, socalmommy! You’ve been a big help!
While there's no parade right now, the "Mulan's Lunar New Year Procession" happens back by Paradise Gardens. This week, the showtimes are 12, 1, 3, and 4. I recommend getting over there about 20 minutes early if you want a great spot, but you can walk up a few minutes before and get "ok" viewing (in my experience; we've seen it twice and been in the area to observe a couple of additional times." It's very fun to watch!

I was wondering if it was just me but we had lots of "illegal" smokers in both DL and DCA recently (1/19-21). I don't remember that ever happening before.

Here’s this week’s entertainment guide for the Lunar New Year stuff. I didn’t see it on the app last time I looked.

Attachments

• 6C96A74A-9959-4E41-9B9B-BA885862655B.jpeg
    6C96A74A-9959-4E41-9B9B-BA885862655B.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 16
I was wondering if it was just me but we had lots of "illegal" smokers in both DL and DCA recently (1/19-21). I don't remember that ever happening before.

We have been noticing this also. It used to be an unusual sight, but we saw both tobacco smokers and vapers in the parks outside of the smoking areas multiple times on each of our last three multi-day trips.

We have been noticing this also. It used to be an unusual sight, but we saw both tobacco smokers and vapers in the parks outside of the smoking areas multiple times on each of our last three multi-day trips.
We literally kept "running into" them. It was sickening. Also noticed people leaving burning cigs in ashtrays in Downtown Disney. It's too bad, really.

Personally, I'm not bothered by people running to PP. I even "walk-with-purpose" to rides when we make rope drop, which is a rarity these days after staying out until park closing. We've been at the front of the line over at Adventureland and were overtaken by about 5 families to Indy ahead of us because they ran. Same with Fantasyland if we're not towards the front already. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and it's quickly forgotten by the time we get on the ride. Sure, it's irritating if you're set on being 1st, but as long as you're in the first 30-40 it's not that bad of a wait.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I'm just thinking out loud! :scratchin

Rope drop was still in front of the castle this morning. That was nice. What was not nice were the adults I witnessed SPRINTING to Peter Pan after rope drop. SMH... they didn't even have any children with them.

I'm not sure how this made a difference? Honest question. I'm trying to figure out how having no children would make the line longer rather than a mom + dad + 3 children who have to split up and take a couple vehicles instead of just 1 for 2-3 adults.

When people run at DLR they might as well wear a sign that says they are selfish and couldn’t care less about anyone else in society. If they fall they’d likely try to turn around and sue Disney. However the world is full of jerks, and unfortunately some of them end up coming to Disneyland. I am proud that my kids walk quickly and even when they see others running they don’t join in.

Personally, I'm not bothered by people running to PP. I even "walk-with-purpose" to rides when we make rope drop, which is a rarity these days after staying out until park closing. We've been at the front of the line over at Adventureland and were overtaken by about 5 families to Indy ahead of us because they ran. Same with Fantasyland if we're not towards the front already. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things and it's quickly forgotten by the time we get on the ride. Sure, it's irritating if you're set on being 1st, but as long as you're in the first 30-40 it's not that bad of a wait.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I'm just thinking out loud! :scratchin

I'm not sure how this made a difference? Honest question. I'm trying to figure out how having no children would make the line longer rather than a mom + dad + 3 children who have to split up and take a couple vehicles instead of just 1 for 2-3 adults.

They ask you to please not run in the announcement. It's not safe in a crowd situation. So I guess I just have to roll my eyes at the people blatantly ignoring the rules so they can be "first" (like you said, is there much difference between first and 20th). I also think it sets a bad example for the many children around when an announcement asks you to not run and then some people just disregard it, especially adults. Shouldn't we as adults be setting a good example for kids (all kids, not just our own)?

As for my remark about not having kids... I don't know, Fantasyland and Peter Pan are very much geared toward children. It's sad that group of adults would ignore the rules and sprint to the front of the line ahead of the many kids headed toward the line. It kind of reminds me of the adults who shoulder in front of my toddler during a parade and block his view (this happens more than you might think). Shouldn't we as adults have more consideration for the little ones around us? Disneyland is for everyone but I will always step aside for a child when I'm there, it just seems like the right thing to do.

I hope this comment doesn't start a fight, I do understand that Disney is for everyone, but there are lots of rides that we adults get to enjoy that kids can't, so I feel like it's sad when the lines for the "kid" rides are so long that many kids don't get to enjoy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter