They edit the podcasts??

Chrisinroch

Earning my Beers
On this weeks podcast, they answered a listener question about how long the podcasts are before they get edited down to the 75 minutes that we hear. I thought the question was a friendly jab at how the podcasts sometimes wander and stretch out in time. Wrong.....According to the podcast, they actually chop about half of the chit chat out in editing.

I have a renewed appreciation for the podcast team. I can understand now how they get a little punchy after a 6 hour double taping. And the host....Wow, what I thought was an incredible amount of time spent was nothing compared with the actual time he spends. He earns every penny of his salary. ;)

As fascinating as we are <cough cough :rolleyes1 >.....we are not fascinating for 6 hours.

And on top of that...when we get punchy...stuff starts coming out in such a way that it would be a very short time before the torch weilding villagers were looking for us.

All honors go to Pete for making this fit for public consumption. He makes this look easier than it really is.

Kevin

What impresses me is the sound quality. I used to do recordings and for as much "carrying on" as there is, it is remarkably clean and free of distortion. Do you have individual microphones, or is that a trade secret I shouldn't ask?

Everyone does have a mic, and I'll admit that I spent a bit of $$ to buy good equipment for this. Now, while I appreciate the compliments about the sound quality, the truth is there is some sound reflection now that we've expanded the size of the studio. But have no fear - turns out Will knows an AWESOME sound engineer who made some great suggestions for improvement. I expect to be getting some new equipment in the next month or two that will allow us a better sound quality, and other enhancements as well.

Thx
Pete

Well, for those, like me, who listen to you in our cars when driving, the reflection doesn't come through over the road noise. I appreciate you wanting to eliminate it.

There are no spare microphones though.. I had to share one with Kevin! :)

On this weeks podcast, they answered a listener question about how long the podcasts are before they get edited down to the 75 minutes that we hear. I thought the question was a friendly jab at how the podcasts sometimes wander and stretch out in time. Wrong.....According to the podcast, they actually chop about half of the chit chat out in editing.

I have a renewed appreciation for the podcast team. I can understand now how they get a little punchy after a 6 hour double taping. And the host....Wow, what I thought was an incredible amount of time spent was nothing compared with the actual time he spends. He earns every penny of his salary. ;)

Pete gets a salary?

I think they should release an unedited version of the podcast one time

That way we can compare:thumbsup2

This is my first post in podcast land...Hi everybody!

I've noticed this myself! When I'm listening to the podcast through headphones on my iPod, I can detect a difference in the sound for just a moment sometimes where it's been edited. Usually it's at a break point where someone took a breath or they're switchin topics...but I have heard a few times where a word got cut off slightly because the rest of that conversation or sentence got cut out. ;)

While I'm rambling, I just wanted to say thanks for the podcasts. They're quite entertaining! I plan on loading up on a few of the older ones so I can listen to them this week while I'm gone on spring break. We have a LOT of time on tour busses (high school choir trip I'm chaperoning).

Thanks podcast crew for making such a great show. I look forward to it every week!

The sound quality really is amazing. I'm not an audiophile, but I've never heard anything on the Dis that has bothered me in terms of production values. In terms of improvements, Pete I hope you don't go too high end. Part of the charm of the podcast (for me anyway) is when you mention, "Oh that's Max walking by" or something else. It reminds us that you're doing us the favor of letting us come into your home each week and listening in on a conversation with four of your good friends. That's part of the magic of the Dis Unplugged to me.

I am surprised though when I listen and you drop in a tidbit of information about the equipment you use (I was listening to a back podcast from when you were at Disneyland and you talked about your windshields for the mics). When we listen to it, it's just magic. Thank you for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter