• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"These bathroom tiles are so nice and cool...." AKA Oct 22, 2016 Magic *COMPLETED*

The only souvenir I bought, in addition to the postcard, was a sweatshirt for myself, a Star Wars/DCL t-shirt for my older son, and an O'Gill's Pub t-shirt for my younger son (he's 25, so it's ok. LOL). Then my husband reminded me that we were going to look at the cruises for 2018 and book something. So later that day we went to the OBB desk and fortunately there were only 2 people ahead of us. After a minute waiting in line I turned around an at least 10-15 people were behind us. So we ended up booking the Westbound Panama Canal cruise for April 2018. I thought to myself, if I end up getting sick again I'll have 2 weeks to get over it and have more days on the cruise. lol

In the end, Disney ended up having to refund money back to our account because we didn't get to spend what we had planned to. That money basically paid for the deposit on the new cruise.

Dinner on our last night was in Lumiere's.

John ordered beef tenderloin. Since I wasn't feeling great I only ordered soup and mac and cheese from the kids menu:
LumieresJohn.JPG

TerrysFriDinner.JPG

They were kind enough to go to Palo to get some lemon sorbet for me:
LumieresPaloSorbet.JPG

On Friday night we got a few gifts from Guest Services:
GuestServicesGift.JPG

GuestservicesGiftCard.JPG

RoomServiceGift.JPG

Some random pictures I took:

I liked this piece of artwork so I snapped a picture of it. :D
Artwork.JPG

Helmsman Mickey in his new spot off to the side.
SailorMickey.JPG

Quiet Cove pool at dusk.
quietCovePoolNight.JPG

Day 8 - Saturday back at NYC. My last glimpse of the Magic as we boarded the bus to the Marriott. I felt so many mixed emotions when I snapped this picture; relief to be back on solid ground and only 1 day from home, and an odd feeling that even though I didn't feel sad in that moment, I knew that eventually once I was physically all better, I would. And that's where I am now. Pretty sad, disappointed, bummed, etc about all that we missed. But I try to temper these thoughts by realizing this is definitely a first world problem. :)

LastGlimpseMagic.JPG

And now I have a new cruise to look forward to. The Panama Canal cruise is something that we've both always wanted to do. :sunny:

seadaydeckdrinkMM (2).jpg

Thanks for following along. :thanks:

I wasn't sure that I'd write up a trip report because of how it all went but I think in the end this has been a bit cathartic, especially seeing all the great pictures from before I got sick, and the last day. :goodvibes

Enjoyed reading your cruise trip report and I'm so sorry you got sick and missed your two port days. That is one of my biggest fears. Fortunately, I have not been sick yet.

My sister and I will be on the WBPC too! We did it in 2015 and loved it so much that we're meeting up with our table mates from that cruise to do it again!

You're going to love it!!!!

Enjoyed your report, sorry you were so sick. My son had Noro on our first Fantasy cruise but kids bounce back quick and we only lost a day. We are booked on the 2018 WBPC too, see ya around!

Thank you for sharing your trip report! DH and I booked the WBPC 2018 as well. We are looking forward to seeing Costa Rica and LOVE the longer cruises now. I'm so sorry you got sick! That is my worst fear. When I got off the WBPC this past May I came down with a bad virus. It literally hit me within hours of being off of the ship while I was visiting Sea World. I think DH and I were sick for a week.

Thanks so much for the review! We leave on Saturday for our cruise on the Magic! I'm sorry you got sick, but glad you were able to enjoy the cruise some.

Thanks for a great report! I'm gearing up to write a TR on my last trip to WDW in November...my husband came down with appendicitis and had emergency surgery halfway through the trip. I totally understand feeling sad about the missed days. I hope you're all better now.

I'm wondering, did you have/use trip insurance? We had it and I'm waiting to make a claim until I'm sure the hospital bills are covered. I'm not expecting much, though, because they only reimburse the unused portion of the trip and all we have are unused park tickets since we still needed our room at the Boardwalk.

Thank you so much for your review. So sorry you became ill. Never something anyone ever plans for. I stumbled across your review while browsing the boards since we are booked from NYC on 11/4 this year. You have helped me more than you can imagine!!! I also found it so ironic we have the exact same cabin booked already (#6550) however I'm hoping to avoid the cool feeling of the bathroom tiles. I will however think of you!! We live in NJ about 1.5 hrs away from NYC and hubby works near Madison Square Garden so I wasn't sure whether to book a Friday night room in the city and have him meet us after work or just take a bus from NJ Saturday and grab a taxi. My issues are, there are 4 of us and adults sized and that means at least 4-6 luggage bags. Can't imagine a taxi or uber fare. So after seeing your post about the Marriott and transfers I called DCL right away and bam......booked Friday night and the bus transfer and its all because of your helpful review. I thank you so much and hope your next trip is more magical. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter