• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

Hi Christen! This just started so you haven't missed anything yet. :) I'm so glad you are here!! :goodvibes

Good!!:goodvibes Glad I didn't miss anything (I have read all 3 pages now though!) I'm excited about the *YOU*KNOW*WHAT* surprize that you have banned me from mentioning!!!:rolleyes1

And OMG, can I just say… THIS is what I think of the new Photobucket. :badpc:

You'll have to let me know for sure when you know your dates.

Love the "mudane" update...too funny about Em just throwing everything in her bag and you packing an outfit for where you are going/what you are doing.

Hi Dave (assuming you are Dave :laughing:) How's Flikr working for you?? Your photos are amazing in your TR (I peeked and go side-tracked for the last 1/2 hr. :) )

Thanks for joining!

I've really enjoyed using Flickr! It's so much easier to use and glitch-free compared to Photobucket. I'm kicking myself for not using it earlier. :thumbsup2

And thank you so much for the compliments!

Started reading your daughter's Dining Review - food is one of my favorite parts about visiting WDW. Got to try out Napa Rose at the Chef's Counter last October and went with the tasting menu. It was one of my favorite dining experiences!

Hi Carol! Thank you for joining my TR and thanks for reading Em's DR! :goodvibes Awww thanks for the photo comment - I just don't post the oh my gosh that's awful ones! :lmao:

LOL, if I did that, I wouldn't be able to post any! :lmao: The camera loves both you and Em. :thumbsup2

O.K. All subscribed to your TR, and already been on Emmy's (and the prior TR). Excited to read both! :surfweb:

I think my packing policy is somewhere between yours and Em's :)

Love the new holiday clothes and the boots look fab (even though I am guessing they didn't feel so fab on your tootsies)

Oh and you are more than just pencilled - you have a 'date TBC' on my spreadsheet !! :)

:rotfl: Yours and Em's packing styles are exactly like mine and DF's. I have to literally write out where we're going, and how many styles of outfits I'll need. He reaches into a drawer, pulls out a pile of shirts, and puts them into his suitcase. :headache:

I love your pre-trip rituals! So cute.

My packing style is much more like yours! Except no matter how much I plan and how far in advance I START to pack, I end up finishing up very last minute. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about the trip soon! I bet Emmy did a wonderful job planning!

I'm in to hear all about your M&D trip.

Hi luckylady! Thanks so much for joining to read our our mother/daughter trip.

Good!!:goodvibes Glad I didn't miss anything (I have read all 3 pages now though!) I'm excited about the *YOU*KNOW*WHAT* surprize that you have banned me from mentioning!!!:rolleyes1

And OMG, can I just say… THIS is what I think of the new Photobucket. :badpc:

YES... should be in the next few posts.... too bad I can't just jump there but you know gotta build up to that part.... :)

There's hope for PB, I've seen improvement in the last few days.

Hope your DD is doing better. :goodvibes

You'll have to let me know for sure when you know your dates.

Love the "mudane" update...too funny about Em just throwing everything in her bag and you packing an outfit for where you are going/what you are doing.

Definitely Kathy. I will keep in touch and let you know but it does look like our dates will overlap! :beach:

I've really enjoyed using Flickr! It's so much easier to use and glitch-free compared to Photobucket. I'm kicking myself for not using it earlier.

And thank you so much for the compliments!

Started reading your daughter's Dining Review - food is one of my favorite parts about visiting WDW. Got to try out Napa Rose at the Chef's Counter last October and went with the tasting menu. It was one of my favorite dining experiences!

Now you make my decision to stick it out with PB that much more difficult knowing you like Flikr!! But you have amazing photos no matter what hosting site you use. :)

Napa Rose is such a lovely restaurant! I prefer it to Storytellers. (Although I do like the White Forks (?) food court type place on site at the Grand Californian.

LOL, if I did that, I wouldn't be able to post any! :lmao: The camera loves both you and Em.

Ha ha!! Just wait... I will have to post a few duds of myself since Em is so photogenic! :scared:

O.K. All subscribed to your TR, and already been on Emmy's (and the prior TR). Excited to read both! :surfweb:

Hi LisaKeys! Thank you for joining and reading both our reviews. :)

I am excited to hear the details about *you know what* ;)

Hi Debra! I'm excited to share. :cheer2: I even have some video that may help set the context. (Be warned, it sounds kinda lame now that I look at it but...)

I think my packing policy is somewhere between yours and Em's :)

Love the new holiday clothes and the boots look fab (even though I am guessing they didn't feel so fab on your tootsies)

Oh and you are more than just pencilled - you have a 'date TBC' on my spreadsheet !!

Yay!!!! I am penciled in! Please PM me your dates if you know. :flower3:

Yes, new boots + walking miles = bad idea!

Joining in! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Hi there Jill!!! Thank you for joining! I'm so glad to see you here. :)

:rotfl: Yours and Em's packing styles are exactly like mine and DF's. I have to literally write out where we're going, and how many styles of outfits I'll need. He reaches into a drawer, pulls out a pile of shirts, and puts them into his suitcase. :headache:

See, you can relate! ;) Em will kill me if she sees this but she just unpacked last night from your trip 2 weeks ago! That is so not my kid. :lmao:

Subscribed :thumbsup2 can't wait to read more :)

Hi lauren! Thank you for reading!!! :)

I love your pre-trip rituals! So cute.

My packing style is much more like yours! Except no matter how much I plan and how far in advance I START to pack, I end up finishing up very last minute. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about the trip soon! I bet Emmy did a wonderful job planning!

Marissa - I completely agree. I can start putting stuff in a bag days before we leave but at zero hour I am still craming stuff that I may need or completely forgot in the bag on the way out the door and hope that I won't be over my weight limit.

And yes, Em did a great job with the planning. She did learn from the best! :rotfl:

Joining in. We were there from 2/24 - 3/3 so it'll be fun to see if we crossed paths. :)

When we arrived on the 24th it was 85 and humid. The week got progressively colder. When ME picked us up on 3/3 at 5:30am, it was barely in the 30s!

Saturday February 23, 2013: Part 1 - 4:48am never looked so good!

As always, I didn’t need an alarm to alert me to the fact that it was time to rise and shine and get our butts to Central Florida and see a castle! My Dis ticker on my phone had reached the magic count of ZERO!! Insert happy dance here! :banana: America Airlines texted me that all was well and we could find our chariot in the sky at gate 7 and it would even be on time.

DSC07988.jpg
DSC07986.jpg

And the weather says that it will be warm and moist!
DSC07996.jpg

One last check of the DisBoards before we left for the airport included a very nice greeting on the Dining Board from Jabead. As I noted to Barb, we had our stretchy pants packed so we were ready.

DSC07991.jpg

The most difficult part of the morning was waking my husband to get us to the airport. He’s perfectly chipper and content to awake at 5am if there is a fishing pole to hang over a boat but if it’s simply to chauffer us the 5 minutes to our local airport, for some reason he doesn’t have the same level of excitement. Good thing for us he was in such a great mood that he even offered to take our “dropped the girls off at the curb photo” at the airport. He never does that! After hugs and kisses good-bye and a reminder to miss us lots, off we went.

Airport at dawn:
DSC08013.jpg

DSC08025.jpg

Because we had not had a chance to visit our favorite bagel shop before we left to go to the airport we ended up getting breakfast at Starbucks. Em almost made a detour for McDonalds and I would have followed but we stayed with the bagel thing. (Do they really need to announce the calories for their breakfast goodies?)

DSC08044.jpg

DSC08029.jpg

DSC08032.jpg

The cool thing about our plane was that it was only a month old and still had a “new car” smell to it. It had a lot of LED lights and a re-engineered overhead light panel. For some reason I just thought that was so cool. Now that I see the photos I took of the plane it reminds me of something Em called my attention to during this flight. Has anyone seen the article about the travel writer who was upgraded on a flight and took a photo of the entertainment console in the seat back in front of him? He was eventually kicked off the flight. Apparently you can take photos on a plane for your personal enjoyment only. I actually grabbed the American Airlines magazine and flipped to their “rules section” and sure enough, there it is. So if any of you out there plan to take random photos on the plane, make sure it is for your personal enjoyment and not that you will sell them or publish them for travel sites.

Contraband photos for my PERSONAL use... personally, I'm using them here.
DSC08041.jpg

Our flight departed at 7:30am, connecting through Dallas/Ft. Worth and arriving in Orlando at 5pm. The first flight segment was uneventful other than some turbulence that felt like the plane was doing inverted loops. It definitely wasn’t time to apply lip gloss (insert Airplane reference here.) However, we survived our first thrill ride of the trip and thankfully, no one needed to avail themselves of the little white bags in the seat pocket in front of us.

Next Up: The second half of the journey.

Note: Errrr! Argh! and all sorts of #@%& words for Photobucket.. I did resize these but they are still gigantor so hopefully they will revert after a bit here.

Can't wait to see what Em has planned for you two!

I usually end up packing for me and the boys, and my DH is on his own. My big idiosyncrasy is insisting that we divide each of our sets of clothing throughout all of the bags we are taking. That way if one of the bags gets lost, everyone will have at least something to wear.

I agree that the new photobucket is a pain. However, your pictures look fine to me. They are the perfect size.

Joining in. We were there from 2/24 - 3/3 so it'll be fun to see if we crossed paths. :)

When we arrived on the 24th it was 85 and humid. The week got progressively colder. When ME picked us up on 3/3 at 5:30am, it was barely in the 30s!

Hi there HandOsmom!!! Our dates overlapped so yes, chime in if you see yourself in any of my photos or if we were in your vicinity. How cool is that? :)

As the week progressed we added additional layers and left the shorts in the bags. It was record low temps in Orlando on 3/4 - 32 degrees. Where we were my phone said 35. Still COLD!!!!

Can't wait to see what Em has planned for you two!

I usually end up packing for me and the boys, and my DH is on his own. My big idiosyncrasy is insisting that we divide each of our sets of clothing throughout all of the bags we are taking. That way if one of the bags gets lost, everyone will have at least something to wear.

Hi Dee. You are a wise woman! I learned a long time ago the practicality of cross packing. But in reality, no one in my family is as worried as I am about the possibility of one of our bags being lost. (And it HAS happened before!) :upsidedow

I agree that the new photobucket is a pain. However, your pictures look fine to me. They are the perfect size.

Thanks! good to know... they still look big to me but I'll just close out my open internet sessions and maybe it will be fine. :p

Joining in! :wave2: I love the picture of the two of you curbside at the airport. You both look too fabulous for a travel day. I'm usually in sweats and have very scary hair on travel days. :rotfl:

Looking forward to reading all about your trip here and on your daughter's DR! :thumbsup2

Just subscribed! I've read your past dining reports, though I'm not much of a commenter, and I'm looking forward to reading your TR :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter