"There's the Cashmere Cat" - A Very Sparkly Dec. 2021 TR! *NEW 4/23

the2ndstar2theright

DIS Veteran
"There's the Cashmere Cat" - A Very Sparkly December 2021 TR

Hey hi hello again friends! After what feels like an absolute eternity, I am finally back home on the DIS with another TR. I’ve been back from WDW for nearly two weeks now, and I thought I would get a jump start on this TR before classes start back.
This trip was extra exciting and full of surprises, and I can’t wait to relive it with you all. So, with that, please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the tram, and here we gooooo!
giphy.gif

First things first, the cast of characters on this particular Disney adventure. This trip was a little bit different for me, as I was traveling with my boyfriend Wesley and his family and not my mom, who is normally my Disney partner-in-crime. I was so excited to get to experience my favorite place with Wes, though, and it turned out to be the most magical trip!

First up, then, are Wesley’s parents. They’ve been to Disney quite a few times over the years, and they were very excited to get to go at Christmas. His dad’s favorite rides are Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, and Ratatouille, and his mom’s favorites are Ratatouille and Toy Story Mania.
Next, of course, is Wesley. When we met, we bonded over our mutual love of all things Disney, and I was so excited to finally get to experience it with him! His favorite rides are Flight of Passage, Rise of the Resistance, and Slinky Dog Dash.

Last but not least is me, Lindsey, your skipper, ghost host, and narrator for this adventure! WDW is my favorite place on Earth, and I was so happy to finally be back after nearly two years. My favorite rides are BTMRR and Space Mountain.

And that was our traveling party for this trip! We drove down to Orlando on December 13, 2021, and drove back home on December 23, 2021. Wesley’s dad has a Marriott Vacation Club Membership, so we were staying at the Marriott Grande Vista Resort for the entirety of our stay. We had 7-day base park tickets AND tickets to the Very Merriest After Hours Event, so we had lots of time to do allll the things in the parks!

That’s really it in terms of planning details. It was definitely a different experience planning a trip without FP+ (and stay tuned for my thoughts on Genie Plus), but it still turned out to be a great trip.

Click
HERE for our travel day!

Last edited:

I am here to follow along! Can't wait to hear about the trip with the boyfriend and his family!!!

Welcome aboard!!

Excited to hear about your trip!

Hi!! :) So excited to share all about it!

I'm aboard!

Welcome!! :)

Following along!

Hi there! :)

Welcome aboard! :)

Following! :surfweb:

Hi! Thanks for joining in! :)
Following along. Looking forward to reading more.

Welcome!! :)
Can’t wait to hear about your trip!

Hi! :) Excited to share all about it! :)

Reactions: DLo
Road Trip!
Travel Day - Monday 12/13/2021

After a stressful couple of weeks with finals and projects and papers, it was finally DISNEY DAY! I knew that Wesley and his parents planned to pick me up right around 6:30, so I had set my alarm for 5:00am. I had thought ahead and straightened my hair the night before, so all I had to do to get ready was put a little bit of makeup on. I finished packing up my stuff and took my time eating breakfast and drinking my coffee.
Wesley and his parents got to the house right around 6:30am. We got my stuff loaded up into their car and were on the road by 6:45am CT! We had a little bit of a slow start with Monday morning traffic, but thankfully it cleared up pretty quickly. After a couple of hours, we stopped at a McDonald’s for some breakfast. We took it in the car with us (I think I got a sausage, egg, & cheese biscuit) and kept driving. Right around noon ET, we stopped at the Florida welcome center. Our drive was pretty uneventful. We stopped one other time in Gainesville to get gas, and we finally made it to the Marriott Grande Vista Resort a little after 6:00pm.

Check-in had a little bit of a line, and they were asking that only one person from your party get in the line, so Wesley, his mom, and I walked around out front to stretch our legs after such a long drive.
It was around 6:30 when his dad got us checked in, and then we got back in the car to drive to the lot closer to our building. Our room was on the first floor and super close to the parking lot, which made unloading a breeze.

Once we had gotten everything out of the car and into the condo, we piled back into the car to go find something to eat. We had planned a Publix run to get snacks and things, and there was a Subway in the same shopping center, so we just decided to stop there for dinner. I think Wesley and I both got a chicken bacon ranch sandwich, which really hit the spot after a day of snack food! After we ate, we headed to Publix to stock up on breakfast supplies and snacks. It was around 8:30 when we were leaving Publix. We headed back to the resort, put the groceries away, and spent some time unpacking our suitcases. Once I was all unpacked, I took a quick shower and crashed around 10:15. We had a big day planned for tomorrow!:jumping1:

Click
HERE for Day 1!

Last edited:
I love a good road trip - especially when it leads to Disney! The condo looks really nice. Interested to hear about your off property experience. Disney resort prices have gotten so crazy it's something I'll consider in the future.

I'M HERE AND SO EXCITED TO READ MORE!!! You know I always love a good drive to Disney and the condo looks gorgeous! I can't wait to read more about this trip :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter