There's Always Too Much Sauce - A July 2022 TR *Updated 3/23

I was firing myself from this whole Trip Planner, Mom Organizer.

Oh my gosh, laughing so hard at all this... and feeling so guilty for it! WOW! I am certain this will all get ironed out... right??!

(My son puked in the DEN airport on the way back from WDW. In Nov 2020. I was praying (I'm an agnostic) so hard it wasn't That Which Shall Not Be Named and that we could continue on the next leg of the journey and that no one would see and burn us as witches. Such good times.)

Last edited:
Oh boy!

Well I am going with some more drama coming but tickets gets resolved!

I feel you on the getting sick my kids get sick often on flights, almost always AT landing! So I have tons of sympathy there!

Omg driving with no gps or directions it’s what my kids nightmares are made of.

Oh my gosh the tickets. I would have had so much anxiety 😥 and honestly nothing you can do about it but wow, I’m sorry you had that to worry about the whole flight!

Poor Landon, it is amazing how kids can just puke 🤢 anywhere, lol 😆

The 80’s were great for road trips. No phones just I spy and we also never wore seatbelts, lol 😆

YOUFORGOTYOURTICKETS. YOUFORGOTYOURTICKETS. YOU FORGOT YOUR TICKETS.

Oh my goodness!!!!! That's, I would be, oh wow! I don't even know how I would react to that information. They must have been awful.

I can't believe you left us on that cliffhanger! (I sincerely hope that at some point you had to load tickets into MDE to make park reservations, so it'll just be a matter of getting MBs.)

The perfect time for Landon to decide to get sick.

Now this is, unfortunately, info that I do know how to react to. At least you were able to get to that trashcan in time! My girls now fly with Dramamine, sea bands, and no screens (audiobooks) which seems to be working so far. It makes every flight feel like a game of vomit roulette, though.

OH FLIPPIN HECK ( this is polite me speaking lol) I am up to my eyes today and really need to go but dear goodness you’ve got me hooked and I had to read to the end of the update 😂

CAN NOT WAIT to hear what comes next! Honestly Alicia your TR are priceless!

First off, truly enjoying your trip report. Love your writing style. But girlfriend, have you tried making a list of everything you need/want to take on vacation and crossing it off as it is packed?

OMG- I'm so sorry- that must have been such an awful feeling not knowing what to do about the tickets. And Poor Landon- motion sickness is the WORST.
I hope you were able to get some rest and figure everything out with the tickets!

What a colossal travel adventure. Trust me, in about 10 years you'll look back and think those were the good old days. Sounds like so many of our cross-Atlantic trips to Central Asia with our 5. LOL!! Goooooood times!

WE FORGOT THE TICKETS AT HOME.
Oh I know this feeling wayyyyy too well! I just had a similar moment on my last trip. I have been insanely stressed out with things at home. I was going on the Wish last week, as soon as I landed in Orlando, I realized I left my PASSPORT at home! Ohhh the panic. Luckily it was an easy fix, but so much anxiety until I was through cruise security!

crap how did your kids get so big???? Can't wait to read more...

Joining in for the ride. Always love your TR's. Oh my this travel day though. I am sitting here at work on my lunch break, heart pounding, after reading the last update.

I am loving your trip report! I am sitting at my sons soccer practice laughing out loud. Looking forward to reading more. 😊

Following the new’s reporting, there was no ground crew to load our luggage onto the plane, so we had to sit at the gate for forty five minutes until that was remedied.

Oh dear, but it could have been worse.

This might come as a shock to you, but this was not the only time on vacation the kids got chicken nuggets.

I'm not surprised.

And Evie ate them all!

I'm the same way on a trip. I want all the snacks. It's the same when we're preparing for a hurricane. Everyone stocks up on snacks and them we eat half of them before the storm even gets here.

Let the girl have her food.

Keep the girl happy.

2022 - 0100.JPG

Wonderful picture! Landon is your mini-me.

Behind my closed lids, I tried to imagine the feeling of seeing the castle again, of smelling the water on Pirates, of biting into a Ronto Wrap for the first time.

I do the same thing when I have a trip coming up and I want to be in a happy state of mind.

WE FORGOT THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!

:scared1: :scared1::scared1:

The perfect time for Landon to decide to get sick.

:eek::sad2:

Thank our lucky stars I realized what was happening in time and got him to a trash can, and as I stood there holding my kid’s hair, I said to myself, “This is about right.”

Poor kid, on the bright side at least it wasn't on the plane.

You know when you decide to roast a chicken, and you’ve got the potatoes on the stove boiling and their humidity is filling the kitchen and then you’ve got to temp the bird so you open the oven and the heat just slaps you in the face.

I know that heat envelope very well. We have that here in South Louisiana too. It just surrounds you and envelopes your whole being when you step outside. It even gets harder to breath.

We hit the road with no cell service, no GPS, no nothing.

It's been so long since we've done this. We use to take road trips with the Atlas. DH would drive and I would navigate.

Gotta love travel days.

What a doozy.

We let the girls sit next to each other one trip. Once. Problem is they both want to sit with me! Poor Andy gets the short stick.

We had a little bit of this issue on this trip, as well. Usually, Evie goes with Alex and Landon with me, but there were a lot of rides where Evie started crying because she wanted to sit next to me. We had to start implementing a take turn system. One ride with one kid, the next with the other... :rolleyes2

See!!! it's what makes her vacation a vacation!

I can definitely see Evie going to Disney just for the food when she's older.

Why? Why does this have to be so difficult?! I know they want to verify you are military but come on?

What's funny about it, too, is that most people in the states can go to their base's ticket center and get their tickets. So the majority of people using Shades are last minute guests and international members. :confused3

Is it always after he get off the plane?

This was the first time he'd ever done that! He was still battling a lot of congestion due to Covid, so I think it was just hard to get his equilibrium back. But because it was a new occurrence we weren't expecting it!

Seriously if only we could be fired sometimes.... Not from being there mom but from all the chores that come with it.

Right!
Here lately, my kids have been bad about walking right past Alex to ask me to do something. Usually when I'm in the middle of a task, too. And Alex just has to stop them and say, "I'm LITERALLY right here. Why couldn't you ask me?" :sad2:

I almost always bring shorts for us in our carryon. And I always have to pee when we land, as I try NOT to use the bathroom on the plane. So those pants some off almost immediately of landing in Florida!!!

I thought about bringing shorts, but we only brought backpacks and there wasn't a lot of space left in them. Why we didn't grab shorts after we retrieved our bags, though, I don't know. Exhaustion muddled my brain.

I'm a bit weird that way but I enjoy reading about travel days. Wow, you had a doozy! I've loved our international trips but do not love getting there.

I always forget what an ordeal flying international is, until I'm trying to do it again. I do look forward to when I'm living stateside again and it's not SUCH a long trip to get home.

My DH would've had a full blown anxiety attack. Like you I would've made a joke and then been so upset at myself for forgetting. You guys handled it well though!

I suppose with as much as Alex and I travel and drop the ball on important details, we have conditioned ourselves to going with the flow. :rotfl:I think our reaction might have been worse if we were already in Florida and were trying to fix the issue, immediately. As it was, we just had to sit back and wait.

(My son puked in the DEN airport on the way back from WDW. In Nov 2020. I was praying (I'm an agnostic) so hard it wasn't That Which Shall Not Be Named and that we could continue on the next leg of the journey and that no one would see and burn us as witches. Such good times.)

Oh nooo! I remember back then when you coughed in public and people shot daggers at you with their eyes. I can only imagine what it was like in that situation. Parenthood is such a memorable experience. :laughing: :faint:

Well I am going with some more drama coming but tickets gets resolved!

I feel you on the getting sick my kids get sick often on flights, almost always AT landing! So I have tons of sympathy there!

Omg driving with no gps or directions it’s what my kids nightmares are made of.

I don't know why kids do that. This seems to be a DIS-kid trend. I guess it just makes you look forward to their older years.

There was a day last year where I left my phone at home and dropped the kids off at school, and I remember driving home going, "I DON'T HAVE CELL SERVICE." Plus, I didn't have my music which really threw me. That fifteen minute drive was so stressful. Little did I know what was coming my way. It's so wild to think about not having these conveniences.

Oh my gosh the tickets. I would have had so much anxiety 😥 and honestly nothing you can do about it but wow, I’m sorry you had that to worry about the whole flight!

Poor Landon, it is amazing how kids can just puke 🤢 anywhere, lol 😆

The 80’s were great for road trips. No phones just I spy and we also never wore seatbelts, lol

I honestly don't know how the heck Alex and I let that happen. Too much going on in our brains that it slipped through the cracks, I guess.
We remembered our Sunpass to get through tolls and our phone mount for the rental car...but not the essential items needed for the purpose of the trip. :sad2:

Landon's never gotten plane sick before so it just came out of nowhere and surprised us all. I won't lie, I look forward to the day they're old enough to deal with those issues alone. :rotfl:

I spy! :laughing: I forgot about that game. Or trying to see how many state's license plates you can spot.

I can't believe you left us on that cliffhanger! (I sincerely hope that at some point you had to load tickets into MDE to make park reservations, so it'll just be a matter of getting MBs.)

And this was exactly what Alex was thinking about on the plane. "We had to make park pass reservations. Who cares if the tickets aren't activated? We can just say we didn't know we had to bring the physical tickets with us."

Now this is, unfortunately, info that I do know how to react to. At least you were able to get to that trashcan in time! My girls now fly with Dramamine, sea bands, and no screens (audiobooks) which seems to be working so far. It makes every flight feel like a game of vomit roulette, though.

I was thinking of you when I wrote that part of the update! I know you've had some memorable plane experiences with the girls. It sounds like the flight down, though, went pretty smoothly. I really hope so. Having one who decided to develop that reaction was bad enough, I couldn't imagine trying to keep eyes on three!

OH FLIPPIN HECK ( this is polite me speaking lol) I am up to my eyes today and really need to go but dear goodness you’ve got me hooked and I had to read to the end of the update 😂

CAN NOT WAIT to hear what comes next! Honestly Alicia your TR are priceless!

Haha, hope you made it to where you needed to go! I have learned not to get on the DIS unless I have time, because I inevitably start reading someone's update or comments and lose track of time.

First off, truly enjoying your trip report. Love your writing style. But girlfriend, have you tried making a list of everything you need/want to take on vacation and crossing it off as it is packed?

Thank you!
That is the sad thing about this ticket fiasco....I love lists! I made separate checklists for each bag we brought with us, so we knew exactly where to put everything. And I wrote down our Sunpass reader for the tolls, the phone mount for the rental car, I even wrote down what items we'd shipped ahead of time to my MIL's house so I knew not to pack it. (Like sunscreen.)
But I just never wrote down tickets. They didn't cross my mind.
I guess I have grown too accustomed to England, where whenever we book anything, our tickets are on our phone. We just have them scan the QR codes that way, so it's been ages since I've had to show a physical ticket. :confused3

OMG- I'm so sorry- that must have been such an awful feeling not knowing what to do about the tickets.

It was not one of our finer moments, that's for sure. :rotfl:
I am still looking back on it going, "What were we thinking?!"

Trust me, in about 10 years you'll look back and think those were the good old days. Sounds like so many of our cross-Atlantic trips to Central Asia with our 5. LOL!!

Oh dear, I can only imagine what an ordeal those trips were! I feel like the stress and exhaustion grows exponentially with each kid. And I've only got the two! I don't want to think what 5 was like. :eek:

Oh I know this feeling wayyyyy too well! I just had a similar moment on my last trip. I have been insanely stressed out with things at home. I was going on the Wish last week, as soon as I landed in Orlando, I realized I left my PASSPORT at home! Ohhh the panic. Luckily it was an easy fix, but so much anxiety until I was through cruise security!

Oh noooo! That had to be so stressful. Here you are about to go on a cruise, a vacation that's, like, the epitome of relaxation, and you're having to scramble for a solution. I am glad you managed to get it worked out, though! Hope you enjoyed the Wish!

crap how did your kids get so big???? Can't wait to read more...

I don't know! I see people with little kids and have to remind myself that's no me anymore. I'm out of the diaper stage and into the almost pre-teen attitude phase. Where there are oh so many eye rolls and complaints. :rotfl:

Joining in for the ride. Always love your TR's. Oh my this travel day though. I am sitting here at work on my lunch break, heart pounding, after reading the last update.

Thanks for following along! Forgetting the tickets was a pretty epic mistake on our part. I want to say that was the worst flub we made this trip, but there's another one coming that was probably just as bad. :laughing::sad2:

I am loving your trip report! I am sitting at my sons soccer practice laughing out loud. Looking forward to reading more. 😊

Thanks for reading! And hopefully, I have taught fellow DISers to always make sure they have their tickets before a trip. :rotfl:

I'm the same way on a trip. I want all the snacks. It's the same when we're preparing for a hurricane. Everyone stocks up on snacks and them we eat half of them before the storm even gets here.

Yes! I have had many a hurricane parties, and the snacks were always gone quickly.

Wonderful picture! Landon is your mini-me.

If I ever complain to my mother about something Landon did or said, she politely reminds me that I used to do the same exact thing when I was his age.

We have that here in South Louisiana too. It just surrounds you and envelopes your whole being when you step outside. It even gets harder to breath.

So, I lived in the Shreveport area for 2 years, and the heat in Louisiana is like nowhere else. I feel like it's more muggy there than in Florida. It's intense!

This report is fantastic. It's so good I had to go back and read all your others. Thanks for sharing your travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter