There's a finger in my wine...10/13 - 10/21/2017 Report Split Stay - Contemporary & Boardwalk Club

SleepyHollowBoys

Earning My Ears
Just getting home from a split stay at the Contemporary (Garden Wing Resort)and Boardwalk Inn (Club Level Outer Building)

First off, I want to talk about all the good stuff:

The Contemporary was wonderful, as always. Great Service from beginning to end!!
  • Ate lunch at the Wave twice. Great food and service!
  • Mousekeeping was spot on!
  • In-room Dining was great and a nice alternative to in park dining!
Enjoyed 3 MNSSHPs (Friday 10/13, Sunday 10/15 (sold out) and Friday 10/20)
  • Surprisingly to me, the 10/13 party seemed to be the least crowded. triskaidekaphobia in full force!
  • Lots of trick or treating - Fun, Fun, Fun!
  • Pictures with Lotso - Awesome!
  • The better half of the SleepyHollowBoys went dressed as the Dynamite Man from the Stretching Portraits in the HM :) Really Enjoyed seeing and interacting with other guests!!! Met some really cool people:)
  • The extra haunts in front of the HM were WONDERFULLY funny and glowing. Worth standing around to see, if you have time!
  • Heard the Cadaver Dans Perform 4 spooky songs - including Grim, Grinning Ghosts and Ghost Riders in the Sky
  • Found the Grave Diggers Photo Op right on the water/dock across from the Country Bear Jamboree. The Grave Diggers were awesome and the video they add is a nice touch, too!
  • Hallowishes was unchanged, but beautiful
  • The Sanderson Sisters Spelltacular well done and really worth seeing at least once!
Return to Sleepy Hollow Event at Fort Wilderness
  • It was great to see one of our absolute FAVORITE cartoons on a big screen!
  • We did the premium tickets and had plenty to drink and eat for the movie. arrived 30 mins early and had great seats
  • Awesome little Sleepy Hollow Cemetery to the right of the Barn - snap a pic!! :)
  • Take an allergy pill if you're sensitive. I learned this long ago and was happy I remembered mine - ACHOOOOO!
  • The Horseman was just what I had hoped for and MORE we were in no way disappointed - MORE CLASSIC HALLOWEEN Events please - Maybe, Donald Duck in Trick or Treat?!?!
  • Cast Members were awesome and very friendly!!

Animal Kingdom
  • Extra magic hour in the morning, allowed us to ride the Safari twice. Great pictures and the animals were gorgeous!
  • Drinks at the Nomads Lounge and Lunch at Tiffins - Both were Excellent! Our Servers were really awesome!
Magic Kingdom
  • Tony's Town Square Lunch w/ Parade Viewing was a TOTAL mixed bag. The parade viewing was AMAZING! However, the Lunch portion was mediocre at best and down right ugly at some points. More to come on that below
Hollywood Studies
  • Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party - Checked in early and scouted a prime table by the food and drinks!
  • We mainly focused on savory, which was plenty for us - oh, and drinking, we focused on that some too :)
  • We loved the Nutella Flash Frozen Truffle - yummm
  • I had two drinks going the entire time - really liked the margaritas!
  • They gave us Tie Fighter Pop Corn Buckets on our way out
  • Loved the view of the show - it was amazing!!
Epcot
  • Food and Wine Festival was so awesome!! This was our first time and we really enjoyed all the things we tried!
  • We really enjoyed the New England Lobster Roll, Carrot Cake and the Mojo Pork
  • Rode Frozen first thing during AM Magic Hour w/ about 15 minute wait (and I walked a rather slow pace from International gateway to the ride itself)
  • The Coco theme in the entrance to the Mexico Pavillion was really cool and it looks like they are adding more!
Minnie Vans
  • Overall the service is EXCELLENT - We couldn't recommend it more! We used the service exclusively while on site for everything, including resort moves (and luggage, if we had needed)
Other not kind of scary Halloween trip moments...

During our trip to Tony's Town Square Restaurant, we were placed in a corner in the glassed in area of the restaurant. It was EXTREMELY loud in this area, with unbearable amounts of reverb in the corner. Unbearable at times!! The food was mediocre at best - with the EXCEPTION of the Seasonal Pumpkin Cheesecake - this was REALLY yummy! However, the highlight of the lunch was when our waitress accidentally removed a wine glass that was clearly still being enjoyed and STICKING HER FINGER down into the glass, touching the wine and then saying "Oh, you weren't finished with that...HERE YOU CAN FINISH IT NOW"! Of course, we weren't about to finish off the "FINGER WINE" and that combined with the volume, we rushed and ran for our lives in the solitude of anywhere else!
I understand that accidents happen and I SYMPATHIZE with anyone who accidentally does something. But, ATLEAST Offer us another glass...we won't be going back here again...poor, poor service.

Our stay at the Boardwalk Inn Club Level was disappointing to say the least. We had stayed at a Ritz-Carlton Club Level a few months ago and compared it to that level of service. I will NEVER spend the money for Club Level w/ Disney after this experience. SADLY the staff were all very stand-offish (unless heavily prompted), very rarely was there a good morning, do you need anything, can we help - I was actually kind of shocked! Housekeeping was TERRIBLE and routinely left a room for two w/ one coffee cup, didn't restock coffees, didn't restock any toiletries...ANOTHER MAJOR disappointment. We stayed in an outer building and the room was less than spectacular. The bed was relatively uncomfortable (compared to the previous beds at the Contemporary), as was most of the other furniture. The shower was missing the piece that prevented the water from leaving the shower, which caused a minor flood each morning (even after using towels to prevent it!) STRIKE #3. The food in the club level was minimal, but the CHEF in the evening was AWESOME! Considering the price of this room - I was expecting WAAAAAAAAY more.

I felt bad for some guests at the Contemporary that seemed to get flooded out on the 1st Floor of the Garden Wing. I went out for coffee in early one AM and say an almost entire floor being moved out and dried up with fans. It looked like perhaps it was a pipe or something, as some mattresses were propped up. Also passed some folks in the lobby, being shuffled around in the PJs to a new room. Kind of gross if you aren't fond of mold - couldn't imagine that cleaning bill.

Overall, you can see the positive outweighed the negative. However, I feel like overall service is lacking in some fundamental ways. We've decided it will be a while before we go back again (most likely years - after several years of faithfullness, they broke me this time. The value just wasn't there for us, especially considering our Boardwalk Club Level experience.
Happy Early Halloween and Thanks for reading :hmghost:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter