• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
BC or BCV? opinions please. looking at next June. It looks like we can get a 1br villa for less than a 1BRCL. Difference in location to everything? Any other info would be great too!
TIAprincess:

Beach Club Villas:
- located close to the bus stop, the Marketplace, and the main BC lobby entrance
- convenient to the International Gateway. Many of the rooms will have a view of the high fireworks from Illuminations.
- really nice quiet pool , outdoor barbeques and picnic tables
- all villas and studios have a full balcony
- a 1 BR villa will have a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, a whirlpool bathtub, a shower stall, a master bedroom with a king bed, a living room with a sofa bed, two televisions, a full balcony off the living room. Some master bedrooms will have a full balcony, too.

The villas are farther from the boat dock and the SAB pool than the BC resort rooms are, but very close to Epcot. :)

Everyone is talking about packing and I've barely started. I figure I'll pack on Saturday, in preparation to leave on Sunday.

That said, I have set aside the three most important items. Our passports, our plane ticket email, and most importantly, my custom spreadsheet outlining every minute of our Disney stay.

I figure my priorities are in order. I can always buy toiletries and clothing at WDW, but my spreadsheet is priceless.

Ok you have everything you can't get in Fla all set! I always pack the night before!!

Have a great time!!

~N

Hope your fur baby makes a speedy recovery, and we see you soon xx. Hopefully the weather will improve, as I got so wet today, the maid came after me with a towel when we came into the hotel!

Welcome to the states! Did you get my second PM??

Everyone is talking about packing and I've barely started. I figure I'll pack on Saturday, in preparation to leave on Sunday.

That said, I have set aside the three most important items. Our passports, our plane ticket email, and most importantly, my custom spreadsheet outlining every minute of our Disney stay.

I figure my priorities are in order. I can always buy toiletries and clothing at WDW, but my spreadsheet is priceless.

Well I have all my undies packed but nothing else. That means I'm going commando until we leave on Sunday. :crazy2:

Hubba Hubba ;)

~NM

Ok you have everything you can't get in Fla all set! I always pack the night before!!

Have a great time!!

~N

"I'll Be Seeing You Nannette"

I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day and through

In that small cafe
The park across the way
The children's carousel
The chestnut trees, the wishing well

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way

I'll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you

:sad: :sad: :sad:

~NM

"I'll Be Seeing You Nannette"

I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day and through

In that small cafe
The park across the way
The children's carousel
The chestnut trees, the wishing well

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way

I'll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you

:sad: :sad: :sad:

~NM

I will be thinking of you while I'm at Coney Island... I'll pretend I'm at the BW... I will be at the original boardwalk :joker:

Have a great time!

~N

I will be thinking of you while I'm at Coney Island... I'll pretend I'm at the BW... I will be at the original boardwalk :joker:

Have a great time!

~N

We will definitely raise a drink (and bag a pretzel roll) in your honour!

(And for the record, I'll be wearing my undies both at home and at WDW. I'm a lady.)

I started packing yesterday, but I can't understand why the stuff I need for two days won't fit in the small carryon that my teenager used for two weeks of clothes in California and Hawaii! (Well, a week of clothes, we planned on washing half-way through)

:sad2:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Hope your fur baby makes a speedy recovery, and we see you soon xx. Hopefully the weather will improve, as I got so wet today, the maid came after me with a towel when we came into the hotel!
Hope you are having a lovely time despite the rain :goodvibes

Sounds like you're sorted-have a great trip :thumbsup2

Well I have all my undies packed but nothing else. That means I'm going commando until we leave on Sunday. :crazy2:

Hubba Hubba ;)

~NM

Well there's a vision I didn't need this early in the morning :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Have a great trip :goodvibes

page 197-200

Hi:wave2:... can you add us to the list? We will be YC CL 8/17-8/25
YAY!! Only 6 days:eek:

:welcome: back!

Happy to add you to the list.

Hope to see you around the resort.

:goodvibes

Oh my goodness. things are imploding here at DisneyDad's house...

My youngest and I are both on antibiotics. he needs a new type that won't make him vomit. Wife decided she didnt' want to leave at 2am on weds so we are leaving a day early. I"m busy trying to change hotel reservations. Having to pack a day early. work is fun trying to wrap everything up.. sheesh...

THANK GOODNESS WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!

So sorry you are having a rough time before your trip. Hope you can put it behind you and have a fantastic trip!

:)

Wow, a week's worth of clothes in a carryon :worship:.

Dee...consider yourself lucky!

Both my girls are taking their own suitcase plus their own carryon and my oldest has already brought me 3 pairs of flip flops to pack in my suitcase because, as she put it, it won't fit in hers :rolleyes:. DH is about to stroke with the thought of all the luggage and all they keep telling him is that he just doesn't understand because he's a guy :rotfl:

I hate to be sexist, but it really must be a gender thing!

:rotfl2:

Yes, RAC closes promptly at 1:00 pm, once they have taken care of anybody in line. It's important to have all legal I.D. and confirmation info for all who are checking in. I've witnessed guests who wanted to check in at the last minute and did not have one or the other and were told they may not be able to check bags, unless they could return in time to the podium with the needed info. The service is just like curbside check-in at the airport, so if you tip curbside at the airport, don't forget to do the same at RAC - especially for good service. These are not Disney employees.

We usually would leave carry-on(s) with bell services, until departing on the ME later in the day. Last time, however, a CM suggested leaving carry-ons with the outdoor valet station, at the front entrance. This was so much easier. Shortly before ME pick-up. the carry-ons were picked up outside at the same location. I don't know what happens, however, if there are many carry-on bags needing to be stored till ME pick-up. If someone has perishables that they will be flying with, bell services does have a way of refrigerating smaller packages, till departure from the resort. Again, don't forget to consider a tip for using this extra service.

Thanks so much for this info, and the reminder about tipping. When in doubt, I ask someone "Are you permitted to accept tips?"

:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the kind words. The vet said the best and worst thing he could say which was, "She looks ok, but let's wait one more day and look at her again tomorrow. Basically, without getting graphic, the only thing left to get her back to normal is to get her to...ahem.... "use" her litter box. She's back to eating sat of yesterday, which is great, but we need to see that the food, you know....made an exit. So....she has until tomorrow to again...."use" her litter box, and if not, back to the vet and X-rays and bloodwork we go.
I really don't think there's anything seriously wrong with her, but since we have a 6:05 A.M. flight out on Friday morning, we need this problem solved by Thursday, no exceptions. My parents will be taking care of her, but I would hate to have them take her to the vet, etc.

Oh, Scott, I am really hoping you had a positive "outcome" overnight. Thinking of you and Tom, and Grace.

:hug:

I did the same. We have stayed at BC Club before and the club was very small. I referenced that in my email to IPO to ask if it is "even smaller now." I was assured that I won't be disappointed as the club offerings haven't changed. The flow of the space is better and the view is better. I will stick with it!

:welcome:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you

:cool1:

Beach Club Villas:
- located close to the bus stop, the Marketplace, and the main BC lobby entrance
- convenient to the International Gateway. Many of the rooms will have a view of the high fireworks from Illuminations.
- really nice quiet pool , outdoor barbeques and picnic tables
- all villas and studios have a full balcony
- a 1 BR villa will have a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, a whirlpool bathtub, a shower stall, a master bedroom with a king bed, a living room with a sofa bed, two televisions, a full balcony off the living room. Some master bedrooms will have a full balcony, too.

The villas are farther from the boat dock and the SAB pool than the BC resort rooms are, but very close to Epcot. :)

Thanks so much for this great description/comparison.

:thumbsup2

Yes, RAC closes promptly at 1:00 pm, once they have taken care of anybody in line. It's important to have all legal I.D. and confirmation info for all who are checking in. I've witnessed guests who wanted to check in at the last minute and did not have one or the other and were told they may not be able to check bags, unless they could return in time to the podium with the needed info. The service is just like curbside check-in at the airport, so if you tip curbside at the airport, don't forget to do the same at RAC - especially for good service. These are not Disney employees.

We usually would leave carry-on(s) with bell services, until departing on the ME later in the day. Last time, however, a CM suggested leaving carry-ons with the outdoor valet station, at the front entrance. This was so much easier. Shortly before ME pick-up. the carry-ons were picked up outside at the same location. I don't know what happens, however, if there are many carry-on bags needing to be stored till ME pick-up. If someone has perishables that they will be flying with, bell services does have a way of refrigerating smaller packages, till departure from the resort. Again, don't forget to consider a tip for using this extra service.

Do you know if we can us this service without taking the ME? we usually rent a car so we can go off site. This service would be so much easier than having to do it at the airport!

Hubba Hubba ;)

~NM

Well I thought I was the only one potentially going commando to the BC since my washer is on the fritz. DH said, "people usually come home with dirty clothes. Well it looks like we will go down with dirty clothes and wash them when we get there". Here is me at the BC :laundy: NOT happening.

For the campfire, do we need to bring our own marshmallows? Do they have sticks? We've never been to one (always at dinner at that time), but I am hoping we will catch one next time. If we get there at 8, instead of 7:30, will it still be happening?

Do you know if we can us this service without taking the ME? we usually rent a car so we can go off site. This service would be so much easier than having to do it at the airport!

Yes you can! We always rent a car and have used this service for years. We check our luggage and just store our carry-ons in the trunk of the car. It is so convenient.

For the campfire, do we need to bring our own marshmallows? Do they have sticks? We've never been to one (always at dinner at that time), but I am hoping we will catch one next time. If we get there at 8, instead of 7:30, will it still be happening?

Last time we were there, Disney provided everything.

We'll be down the first week of November and decided to add on a couple nights at YC to the end of our stay. I had no problem getting the 9th but there's nothing for the 8th, I've been checking every day :( I know between the last weekend of F&W and the half marathon that weekend the Epcot resorts are busy--does anyone know if something is likely to open up for that night, maybe around the 45 day mark, or is it pretty much a lost cause?

You can use the service, but just be sure to be at the RAC desk at least three hours prior to your flight's scheduled departure and before 1:00 pm.

MCO is usually so congested at Departures, so it sounds like a good idea not having to check-in with bags at the airport.

You can use the service, but just be sure to be at the RAC desk at least three hours prior to your flight's scheduled departure and before 1:00 pm.

MCO is usually so congested at Departures, so it sounds like a good idea not having to check-in with bags at the airport.

Our flight doesn't leave until 8pm- so this will be great not having to leave all the luggage in the car for the day or leaving it at bell services!!

This will save us from dropping the car off at the rental car company and dragging the luggage through the airport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter