• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when the Concierge Lounge refurbishment will be complete ? We are due to check on the 7th September and I'm also worried about all the CL guests being 'crammed' into the Presidential suite.

Would appreciate any advice, I have considered moving but would prefer not to.

Thanks

Any idea when the Concierge Lounge refurbishment will be complete ? We are due to check on the 7th September and I'm also worried about all the CL guests being 'crammed' into the Presidential suite.

Would appreciate any advice, I have considered moving but would prefer not to.

Thanks

I can't imagine its going to be that bad. Different? Yup. Am I looking forward to that? Nope. But I think everyone will just have to determine what exactly it is that makes them want to stay CL in the first place. For me, I love the convenience of having breakfast and very early coffee available right down the hall, which isn't going to change. My adult kids love the beverages in the evening and the late night snacks. Most importantly for me, I absolutely love the CM service that is provided without ever having to deal with concierge in the lobby or the front desk. Over the years I have utilized them more and more, not so much with pre-planning (we all love to do that ourselves!), but for everyday service like help with tickets, questions about my bill, package delivery, room issues, etc. They are so helpful, so pleasant, and so QUICK with responses to my questions and problems. That service isn't going to change with the refurb either. As much as I'm not looking forward to having things be different, having less room in the temporary lounge, or a different configuration of things isn't a deal breaker for me.

That being said, I can understand why some people might want to pass on it for now, and wait for another stay to see what the heck the lounge and rooms are going to look like. I just can't imagine it! When I'm there next week, I promise to take lots of pics and share my opinion. I was initially very excited about the chance to see the Presidential Suite, and even though I'm a little wary of the set up, I still can't wait to get there!:goodvibes

We are traveling with our children ages 4 1/2 & 7 this November and starting off by staying at the Yacht Club. Any recommendations on a nice room location for garden view? The resort looks huge.

I can't imagine its going to be that bad. Different? Yup. Am I looking forward to that? Nope. But I think everyone will just have to determine what exactly it is that makes them want to stay CL in the first place. For me, I love the convenience of having breakfast and very early coffee available right down the hall, which isn't going to change. My adult kids love the beverages in the evening and the late night snacks. Most importantly for me, I absolutely love the CM service that is provided without ever having to deal with concierge in the lobby or the front desk. Over the years I have utilized them more and more, not so much with pre-planning (we all love to do that ourselves!), but for everyday service like help with tickets, questions about my bill, package delivery, room issues, etc. They are so helpful, so pleasant, and so QUICK with responses to my questions and problems. That service isn't going to change with the refurb either. As much as I'm not looking forward to having things be different, having less room in the temporary lounge, or a different configuration of things isn't a deal breaker for me. That being said, I can understand why some people might want to pass on it for now, and wait for another stay to see what the heck the lounge and rooms are going to look like. I just can't imagine it! When I'm there next week, I promise to take lots of pics and share my opinion. I was initially very excited about the chance to see the Presidential Suite, and even though I'm a little wary of the set up, I still can't wait to get there!:goodvibes
thanks for this post. I do feel a bit better. I think my only concern is we had to decide between CL or the dining plan. Not that we plan on trying to use the lounge for all our meals. But as far as what we were spending our money on. After the last trip 8 buffets and 7 pound weight gain i thought it would be fun for our family to try something different.

If we book a CL garden view room- where are they located? I will have a friend with us who is a smoker. Does anyone know where the closest smoking area would be to the lounge and how hard it is to get there? We are also two families- are there connecting CL rooms? Thanks!

Just left the BC. It was nice, but not great. The club lounge is now in the Presidential suite. Very cramped, no nice coffee machine. There is a new pool policy. You cannot use the lockers or showers at the fitness center. That area is reserved for those who are getting spa treatments. We were told to use the lobby restrooms. We booked a room for 5, but got a room with only 2.queens. they put a rollaway in that completely blocked the balcony door.

Stirmalong bay was great, but the only hot tub that was working was by the kiddie pool. Overall, I was very disappointed.

Oh no I am really disappointed in the pool policy change. We have a late flight home and planned to use the pool on our last day after the 11 am checkout :worried:

Teena - Am I reading correctly, you will be in Las Vegas between 8/23 - 8/30 (our trip dates)? Sad for us but great for you! Dh is going to be sad as he loved meeting you in 2011 when we were there, and he already added "tasteycakes" to our list to bring for you. You are such a celebrity for him. Every new BC/YC video Disney puts out he loves telling people he met you. Lol sorry I'll stop talking like a stalker now. :rotfl: :worship:

I'm sorry ... yep I'll be in Vegas helping Jeanne get her classroom ready and then helping the first week of school. I fly out to Vegas on the 20th and will be back to work on the 31st. I'm so sorry I'm going to miss you!!!! Tell your DH I'm sad I won't be able to chat with him again!!!

I know how you feel. :sad1: It's Tough to be a Bug was my favorite too. Seeing all my friends in all their Disney glory was really something. Now we'll just have to meet around the dumpsters like we always do. At least you have the consolation of knowing that I will be at the Beach Club the week of August 10th as well as every other week. Listen for me as I will be sure to buzz on over and say hello!

Signed, your pal Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

I'm so glad I just noticed this conversation! They changed my fp+ too. I booked my youngest to go on It's tough... with DH while I went on Dinosaur with the older two. As it turns out due to height his only FP+ options are Lion king and Nemo, but that would have been an awkward surprise at the last minute.

The temporary lounge is in the Presidential Suite and the space is the living room, foyer and dining room ... it does not use the bedrooms of course... and it is actually more spread out and larger than the old lounge that is being totally enlarged and renovated. And the view is so beautiful. Only changes are the coffee machines. I would not hesitate to stay there while the lounge is in the Presidential Suite and in my personal opinion it is a plus to sit in there for breakfast and look out and see the view. Honestly, if I had a choice of staying there before the lounge was moved to the Presidential Suite or now, I'd pick now. Guess it's all a personal choice.

The new lounge will be loads bigger than before.

We have CMs with laptops up there ready to assist guests and a small room off the Presidential Suite where CMs can assist you also.

The food/drinks are the same ... only difference that I saw is the huge coffee machine.

Hope this helps anybody that is struggling with staying club level. I can only give you my personal opinion and I find the Presidential Suite better than the old lounge size wise and view wise.

As far as when it will be done, I really have not heard. They are moving fast though.

My apologies in advance for going off topic... but I had to come to an appreciative audience with this thought...

I've had one heck of a weekend with work. We've been working through a major project and while many people have been working harder through the weekend than I, my weekend has been filled with hourly stress-filled phone calls that finally came down to a positive resolution just over an hour ago. For the first time this weekend I've been able to breathe a sigh of relief and relax.

So as my thoughts have relaxed, I've fast forwarded to where I'll be one week from now, and I realized that exactly one week from now, we'll just be finishing up a delicious dinner at Narcoosees and soon Wishes will start.

Come on 7 days - I can wait to pass you by. :banana::banana::banana:

JanetMom...
Work hard, play hard.
I hope you have an amazing stress-free WDW vacation. You deserve it!

Don't forget to post pictures when you get back so that I can dream about my trip in December. :beach:

JanetMom...
Work hard, play hard.
I hope you have an amazing stress-free WDW vacation. You deserve it!

Don't forget to post pictures when you get back so that I can dream about my trip in December. :beach:

Don't worry - I love putting together a good, picture heavy trip report. I'm not the photographer that some of our Dis buddies are, but I can take a decent enough picture to give you something to dream about.

:goodvibes

Janet - glad you got through your working weekend! It is hard that work gets in the way of life sometimes! Your one week from now sounds terrific though.

One week from tonight my mom and I will be spending an evening at AK for a couple of hours after a rest from daytime activities at MK. I am excited to spend time with my mom at Disney!

Rebecca

One week from today we'll be checking into the YC rather than getting ready to go back to work - can't wait!!!! :beach::beach::beach:

Right now I don't have a room request we have booked a garden view room - I understand all have full balconies which would be our main request as my mom loves this feature. Is this correct or do I need to put this on the request? Otherwise I'm just going to ask for high floor to hope for a better view - any other suggestions? Thanks so much we are very very excited!!!

Janet - glad you got through your working weekend! It is hard that work gets in the way of life sometimes! Your one week from now sounds terrific though.

One week from tonight my mom and I will be spending an evening at AK for a couple of hours after a rest from daytime activities at MK. I am excited to spend time with my mom at Disney!

Rebecca

One week from today we'll be checking into the YC rather than getting ready to go back to work - can't wait!!!! :beach::beach::beach:

Right now I don't have a room request we have booked a garden view room - I understand all have full balconies which would be our main request as my mom loves this feature. Is this correct or do I need to put this on the request? Otherwise I'm just going to ask for high floor to hope for a better view - any other suggestions? Thanks so much we are very very excited!!!

One week countdowns are the best!! :thumbsup2

2 weeks from today we will be at YC for 11 nights!! :cool1: We are all so excited! I think we will be asking for a daybed as our room request since we are a family of 5. As a second request, I think I may also ask for a higher floor. We just have a standard room. Do I just ask for a higher floor or should I be asking for a specific floor?

2 weeks from today we will be at YC for 11 nights!! :cool1: We are all so excited! I think we will be asking for a daybed as our room request since we are a family of 5. As a second request, I think I may also ask for a higher floor. We just have a standard room. Do I just ask for a higher floor or should I be asking for a specific floor?

We just checked out of YC yesterday after nine amazing days. Had room 4150. Garden view overlooking wedding gazebo with side view of lake and boardwalk. Awesome room. Amazing vacation. Can't wait to go back!!
We were originally assigned 4142 which had no view and no daybed. Needed daybed so my kids wouldn't have to sleep together. Asked and received 4150 w/ daybed with no problem.

I'm counting my days also! :banana: By Friday, we will be sitting at AKL and next week Thursday, we are checking into YC.:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter