There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee we are on the magic bus to heaven(ok maybe not heaven but the next best thing) as I type. I will tackle this mission

Happy Independence Day everyone

Hey Teena & BuzzyBelle, did you guys see that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be selling Frozen MagicBands next week? You can get Elsa, Anna or Olaf. Supposedly you must buy them in the park, can't get them online. I haven't seen pricing info yet. For comparison purposes, the article said the Star Wars MagicBands were $29.95 plus tax.

I don't know if this is something Princess Lily of the Beach Club would want.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...t-at-disney's-hollywood-studios-next-week.htm

(Okay, I promise I'll stop going off topic.)

Hey Teena & BuzzyBelle, did you guys see that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be selling Frozen MagicBands next week? You can get Elsa, Anna or Olaf. Supposedly you must buy them in the park, can't get them online. I haven't seen pricing info yet. For comparison purposes, the article said the Star Wars MagicBands were $29.95 plus tax.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...t-at-disney's-hollywood-studios-next-week.htm

Thanks for the info:goodvibes. I did see them. I heard they will be $19.99 because the SW ones were limited edition so pricier, but nothing official yet. I have a hard time forking over $20 for something that comes with our room and can't be used once we leave, but my DH is convinced he'll be shelling out $40 so DDs can have them once they see them:rotfl: Frozen is everywhere! :scared1:It's even taking over the Y&BC thread. I'm done with the off topic now, too!:offtopic:

I did see them. It might be something for us to think about because her royal highness hates to wear the bands. Maybe if it is a Frozen one, she would like it better. Thanks!!

Happy Independence Day!

I returned home from Orlando late Tuesday evening. Missing WDW already.

We are in Maine and its cloudy. Fireworks postponed until tomorrow.

Happy 4th wherever you are! Stay safe & enjoy!

Happy 4th everyone!

We will be staying at the BCV in a 2 bedroom with a group of 7; me, my dh, sis, bro inlaw, neice, another bro inlaw, and mom inlaw. Four of us are flying and arriving at MCO around 10am. Three are driving and planning to arrive around the same time. We have the reg dining plan included with free dining. I have a couple questions...

1. Is online check in a good idea? Is there a certain area to request?

2. Is it true that our dining credits will be lumped into one big group and not separated out per person?

3. Does anyone have any advice for staying in a group like this?

4. Our fast passes open this weekend so I will be adding those? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Beth

Good Morning and Happy 4th! We have been back from WDW for almost two weeks - fully intended on posting a mini report but had some issues at work to iron out, so now I have some free time to post about our AWESOME trip to the Beach Club! I was at the Coronado Springs for a convention, so on the last day I had my Mom fly down to meet me at the Beach Club for her 70th bday trip.

Here's are some highlights:
Check-in: On the last day of the Convention, I drove over to the Beach Club at 7:00 am to check in before my Mom was scheduled to arrive on the ME around 10. I had to go back to the Convention so I wanted to have check in squared away before she arrived before me, as I wasn't getting back to the BC until about noon. Well, MAJOR pixie dust - we were upgraded from a standard Garden View to Lagoon View Club Level!:yay:I've stayed CL a few times, but my Mom doesn't get to travel much and I knew how much she would love it. The one catch was that we had to have a king bed...no problem! I was directed to someone with an iPad in the lobby, can't remember her name but she was FABULOUS and totally excited for us. I decided to bag the last few hours of the convention and came back to the BC by 10 to wait for my Mom's arrival so I could see her face. Needless to say, she was THRILLED!!

ROOM: We were in room 5683, which is the corner room located right above SAB, the one that is actually on a youtube video - it has a really long balcony. The room had TONS of space. Everything was in fine working order and we had no issues with housekeeping or things that didn't work. The room has a very unique shape and was PERFECT for the two of us. Here are some pics:

The long hallway as you enter:

The bathroom was off the hallway to the right:

The "bedroom" was at the end of the hallway to the right, just beyond the bathroom:

i-P4H54qN-M.jpg
[/url]

The balcony was almost laughably large. It was very long, but also very narrow. We enjoyed it immensely! Here are some pictures, as well as our room views:

To the left:

Straight ahead:

To the right:

Looking down:

We loved this view because we always had a birdseye view of what was happening at SAB, and where the empty chairs were before we went down! This particular day it was raining cats and dogs for like an hour, but the pool remained open as there wasn't any lightening in the area. The kids were having a ball!!
This is the view of our room from the pool, it's the one on the top floor with the long balcony:

Club Level Service: The CM's were truly outstanding, and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Particularly, Hyacinth, Vilma and Neil. I did use their services more so than in the past. For example, one day in the rain I happened to mention that I had to go back to Germany in Epcot to pick up a glass I was having personalized. They asked for my receipt, said they would take care of it ( I didn't ask!) and an hour later it was sitting on our bed when we returned from lunch! The beer and liquor service was the same as usual: no bar cart like the YC. I do have to say that I thought the food offerings weren't the highest quality, I do feel like there is less offered than usual. I'm so upset that the red pepper dip has disappeared! I meant to ask about it, but didn't. I hope that when the renovation is complete, there might be more/different options, but I'm not sure this is the case.

Once again, a great visit. There wasn't anything I would have done differently. We had an amazing trip, and my Mom wore her birthday button everywhere, and she was overwhelmed by the CM's who gave her special attention: complimentary desserts in restaurants, special announcements when we arrived places and even special viewing for Illuminations! A CM was guarding the area near France where they have special events in the patio below. It was empty. We were a few rows back prior to showtime. He saw my Mom's button, motioned for her to come forward, and let us in behind the rope, down the stairs, and we had the entire plaza to ourselves!! It was a beautiful night, and the view was just spectacular. Truly almost brought tears to my eyes! Just so magical and "Disneyish".

We are heading back to the BC in late August, and I am more excited than ever to return! :love:

Happy 4th everyone!

We will be staying at the BCV in a 2 bedroom with a group of 7; me, my dh, sis, bro inlaw, neice, another bro inlaw, and mom inlaw. Four of us are flying and arriving at MCO around 10am. Three are driving and planning to arrive around the same time. We have the reg dining plan included with free dining. I have a couple questions...

1. Is online check in a good idea? Is there a certain area to request?

2. Is it true that our dining credits will be lumped into one big group and not separated out per person?

3. Does anyone have any advice for staying in a group like this?

4. Our fast passes open this weekend so I will be adding those? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Beth

We've stayed in a 2 br villa three times. We love them. :lovestruc

1. I like online check in because it makes check in go faster. I also think that it increases the likelihood that our room will be ready when we get there, although that may have been coincidence. :)

2. I believe that if you are all on one reservation then your dining credits will be lumped together.

3. Traveling with an extended family can be - interesting. :rolleyes2 My best suggestion is to make sure you are not together all the time. Fastpass actually helps with this because it gives you an actual meeting time but allows the rest of the family to feel free to do their own thing, too. For example, let's say you all want to ride the Seven Dwarf's ride, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain together. But some of you want to go to rope drop and try to ride Space Mountain as many times as possible before it get s crowded. So the early risers run out the door first while the ones who want to sleep a little later can hang back, because you all know that you'll meet up again at Haunted Mansion. :) We were able to do this in March when we were with my sister and her friend. We met for lunch and dinner and a few rides. And then we went our separate ways. It was the best trip ever compared to a year earlier, before fast pass, when there were "issues" about doing things together. One family member wanted more together time and another one wanted less. But with fast pass it was easy to structure the together time. It worked great. :goodvibes

4. Fast pass advice - personally I don't usually make any fp's earlier than 10 or 10:30 am because most rides are walk on's early in the day. Find out which rides really need a fp and which rides seldom need one. Peter Pan always needs a fp, Mickey's Philharmonic seldom needs one. The most popular rides, like Toy Story Mania and Soarin' get booked up and you most likely will not be able to schedule another time for them during the day. Other rides, like Buzz Lightyear, might have quite a bit of availability during the day. So if your schedule changes you will be able to change your fp's around for many but not all of your attractions.

Other advice - bring some coffee and some coffee filters. The 2 br villa has a 10 cup coffee maker in the villa and a four cup coffee maker in the studio bedroom. I think that they still take a basket filter. I know you'll get a refillable mug with your dining plan, but it is sure nice to have that coffee maker going first thing in the morning. :)

Good Morning and Happy 4th! We have been back from WDW for almost two weeks - fully intended on posting a mini report but had some issues at work to iron out, so now I have some free time to post about our AWESOME trip to the Beach Club! I was at the Coronado Springs for a convention, so on the last day I had my Mom fly down to meet me at the Beach Club for her 70th bday trip.

Here's are some highlights:
Check-in: On the last day of the Convention, I drove over to the Beach Club at 7:00 am to check in before my Mom was scheduled to arrive on the ME around 10. I had to go back to the Convention so I wanted to have check in squared away before she arrived before me, as I wasn't getting back to the BC until about noon. Well, MAJOR pixie dust - we were upgraded from a standard Garden View to Lagoon View Club Level!:yay:I've stayed CL a few times, but my Mom doesn't get to travel much and I knew how much she would love it. The one catch was that we had to have a king bed...no problem! I was directed to someone with an iPad in the lobby, can't remember her name but she was FABULOUS and totally excited for us. I decided to bag the last few hours of the convention and came back to the BC by 10 to wait for my Mom's arrival so I could see her face. Needless to say, she was THRILLED!!

Once again, a great visit. There wasn't anything I would have done differently. We had an amazing trip, and my Mom wore her birthday button everywhere, and she was overwhelmed by the CM's who gave her special attention: complimentary desserts in restaurants, special announcements when we arrived places and even special viewing for Illuminations! A CM was guarding the area near France where they have special events in the patio below. It was empty. We were a few rows back prior to showtime. He saw my Mom's button, motioned for her to come forward, and let us in behind the rope, down the stairs, and we had the entire plaza to ourselves!! It was a beautiful night, and the view was just spectacular. Truly almost brought tears to my eyes! Just so magical and "Disneyish".

We are heading back to the BC in late August, and I am more excited than ever to return! :love:

What a great surprise for you and your mom. You'll have plenty of happy memories from this trip. Thanks for posting it. :goodvibes

july7.gif
Funny_Little_Baby_Big_Watermelon_400x344-1.jpg

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Here is the latest update on my preparations for my visits to Storm Along Bay. As you can imagine (and I know I do…) preparations have been difficult due to the lack of proper facilities and the challenging urban environment that Ninja Mom calls her personal habitat. I am undeterred however and I soldier on, confident that I shall master all the cool moves :cool1: necessary for a successful Storm Along Bay pool visit!

To increase my chances for success I decided to tackle some of my problems head on. I headed out to the local yard sales to see if I could pick up a sewer grate to cover that humongous opening the neighborhood thugs keep steering me towards during practice. Unfortunately I did not find a grate but I did unearth a VHS copy of Jane Fonda’s “Buns of Steel” video! What a find!! Now my Pool Tube Asphalt Road Rash (PTARR) doesn’t stand a chance!

I ran home from the yard sale at top speed and dug around in my giant, Ninja Mom- Hoarder’s edition closet, and unearthed my sparkly pink body suit and my rainbow striped leg warmers. Now I was set! Due to their advanced years this fashion ensemble is more than adequately ventilated from all the holes. I look upon that as a good thing. At my age more ventilation is especially welcome to offset all the flashing that is going on with me.

What goes around comes around as they say so I am leading the charge and wearing my workout wear when I go to Walmart in an effort to revive this colorful and deserving fashion trend! :thumbsup2 ATTENTION JANETMOM! My pink and purple swirly body suit is just lying on the floor in that closet so let me know if you need me to send it up to you for your practice sessions!

Another problem I need to tackle head on is eliminating all of the ‘misses’ that I am experiencing when I try to sit on the tube. Time after time I just bounce right off and it’s starting to get infuriating! To solve that problem I went to the local gym to sign up for the "Over 50 women’s gymnastics team". I was crushed to discover that my gym did not have such a team. I argued with the owner that this would be the perfect business opportunity and that thousands of women over 50 would flock to this but he was very rude and refused to listen. At one point in our heated exchange he threatened to call the cops on me but I told him that I was very familiar to all the cops in the neighborhood so they would definitely take my side with this argument.

One of the other important discoveries that I have made is that drinking and tubing don’t mix if you are a lightweight as I am. The drinking may be contributing towards my high rate of misses. Since I don’t have access to a fire hydrant pool bar I have had to make a substitution for the vaunted Sunken Treasure that is the preferred and trendy beverage of Storm Along Bay. Taking a cue from the neighborhood vagrants I have invested in a bottle of Thunderbird. I could have picked something else but with all the empty Thunderbird bottles in the neighborhood I thought it best to go with the popular choice.

Unfortunately after a sip or two I tend to get more than a little woozy but the economically disenfranchised individuals that populate my neighborhood come to my rescue and offer to hold my bottle for me so that I don’t spill any of it. The down side to this is that they tend to disappear while holding my bottle but I know they are busy with all their meetings, so I don’t mind.

So that is the latest from me. Since it is the Fourth of July here in the hood I am setting up a table and recruiting the neighbors in an effort to start a Women’s over 50 Gymnastics Team. I have reams of paper and a box of pens to handle the rush of people I expect, so wish me luck!

~NM

Hi everyone

I'm considering moving to the BC from the WL due to the pool construction. Can someone tell me what the transportation is like from the BC? We spend most of our time between MK and Epcot.

Many thanks

Hi everyone

I'm considering moving to the BC from the WL due to the pool construction. Can someone tell me what the transportation is like from the BC? We spend most of our time between MK and Epcot.

Many thanks

You will love BC!
You can walk to Epcot.
There is a boat to Epcot & Studios.
Bus to MK & AK.

Have a wonderful time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter