• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple more pictures from our DISMeet on Aug 18:

This is me obviously telling a hilarious story, most likely about naughty goats.

How many goat stories does this woman have???

Clearly we were all riveted by your stories. They must have been good because if they were baaaaaaaad we wouldn't have all been so focused on you.

I know this is the third time I mentioned it, but after looking through the room views thread, I really think we got shafted. :( I'll try to remember to post our view pics tonight after I get home.
It does look like you got a standard view room. I would email guest services and tell them what happened. :)

Can't believe that we will be in DisneyWorld on Sunday :cool1:

I just have some quick questions. We are staying at the BCV and wanted to know if housekeeping comes everyday or do they run on a different schedule then the BC? My daughter is starting to make her mousekeeping envelopes, she is only 3yrs old, and we need to know how many to make. Also, is there a DVD player in the room? Thank you for your help :goodvibes
If you reserved the room through Disney as a cash reservation, then you will get the same kind of mousekeeping that someone with a room in the BC would have. If you are renting points, then mousekeeping only cleans the room every four days, I believe.

After a long journey from Australia we are finally here! We had a layover in Atlanta which was supposed to get us to MCO at 7:30pm, but the plane was delayed and we didn't get in until 9:10 (ugh!). We arrived at the Beach Club at 10:30pm - and when we finally walked into that gorgeous lobby it smelt divine!

DH had originally laughed at me for making a 10pm dinner reservation for Beaches and Cream, so I sent him there to check if they could still seat us once we'd checked in. The CMs there were lovely, as long as we were seated by 11pm that would be fine. We made it by 10:55:thumbsup2. The burgers were delicious and our server was a sweet lady who didn't rush us at all. We got sundaes to go because we didn't want to hold her up, but there were still other people eating after we left.

I had some trouble doing online checkin prior to our trip and had emailed Disney reservations to try and help me out. I still haven't received a reply but thought I wouldn't sweat the small stuff after all we would be at Disneyworld. The CM checking us in told me that we had been given a small balcony and there were no larger available. She then offered me a ground floor patio room with a daybed if I was interested? Was I ever! This room is awesome with views over to the Boardwalk. After a stressful travel day this was just the pixiedust I needed. After unpacking we finally climbed jnto bed around 1am.

We spent most of the day today at Magic Kingdom. The longest wait for us was 10 min for Pirates, but apparently this was only because they had just closed the Jungle Cruise because it looked like it was going to rain. We spent around an hour at Stormalong Bay, which is as awesome as I thought it would be.

We're about to head out now for dinner at Sci-Fi. I still can't believe we're actually here!! Thanks for all of your tips and tricks, will try and post again soon.

Liz

Thanks for letting us know about the start of your trip. Sounds great, except for the part about the your arrival being almost 2 hours later than expected! After such a long flight.

UGH!

I'm glad to hear that your late night experience at Beaches & Cream was good and that you had a great time at MK and SAB.

Hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!

:goodvibes

Originally Posted by erinmarie2224 : I'm booked garden view club level. Are there King bed rooms with day beds?

I found pics of the room.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

:)

It does look like you got a standard view room. I would email guest services and tell them what happened. :)

Great suggestion!

:thumbsup2

Just booked BCV for late April... So excited! Last time we were there was 2007 and can't wait to get back. :yay:

Asked for Upper floor EPCOT view. I'm pretty sure this is what we had last time (thanks to a very special friend who sprinkled some pixie dust on our vacation:)). From the balcony we could see Illuminations and Wishes.

Love EPCOT Resort area and last several trips we've been at the Boardwalk. So glad to be going back to Beach Club!!

Just booked BCV for late April... So excited! Last time we were there was 2007 and can't wait to get back. :yay:

Asked for Upper floor EPCOT view. I'm pretty sure this is what we had last time (thanks to a very special friend who sprinkled some pixie dust on our vacation:)). From the balcony we could see Illuminations and Wishes.

Love EPCOT Resort area and last several trips we've been at the Boardwalk. So glad to be going back to Beach Club!!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list that we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

:welcome: to the thread.

I wouldn't get too worked up about the reviews on TA- a lot of times you get very negative feedback there.

The reports we have been getting here are that there are some dings, scuffs and scrapes in the rooms. The hallways and public areas are a little worse for wear in some spots. Faded carpeting, and some ripped fringe on upholstery on furniture in the hallways is what I saw at the BC.

YC was renovated a little more recently than the Beach Club and I think it is in better shape. There are a few reviews in a post on this page. That should give you an idea of conditions encountered by very recent guests.

BTW- we stayed at the Hard Rock (split with the BC) in July 2013. Loved it!

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much, it doesn't sound bad at all and I appreciate the honest review! :thumbsup2

It's our first time to both HRH and YC so I am very excited :)

Thank you so much, it doesn't sound bad at all and I appreciate the honest review! :thumbsup2

It's our first time to both HRH and YC so I am very excited :)

Great!

I don't think it will be necessary, but if the room at the YC is not acceptable, you can always return to the front desk to see if they can make a new room assignment for you (although that is always based on availability)

Just want to make sure you don't get left behind- we are over on a new thread now: when a thread reaches Jumbo status (250 pages) it is shut down.

See the next post.

:goodvibes

DznyCrzy11 said:
Leaving the YC today. Actually waiting for DCL bus right now!! We loved the YC but I think our hearts are still at the Poly. I would definitely stay here again if it were for another 1 or 2 night stay. The walk to Epcot was awesome!!! Next year when we take the cruise in thinking of staying a night our two at BC. We'll see, in sure I'll change my mind by then, haha. Oh, and I love the smell of the lobby at BC!!!

Sent from my LG-G2

I did forget to mention we were upgraded from standard view to lagoon view!!! :)

Sent from my LG-G2

Roughly where this room was located on the overall map:
xXoU4epl.gif

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter